Author Topic: HOW TO INSTALL SYNERGIES  (Read 70433 times)

Catdog

• Retired Developer
HOW TO INSTALL SYNERGIES
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
Hey All,

Since it seems there's a lot of questions going around, figured I would through a central titled topic with installation instructions other members of the modding community have kindly given already, heh.

Basically, there's 2 ways you can install the Mod, through "Subscribing via the Steam Workshop" or Not Subscribing.

Moron-proof attempt (though really no one's a moron since we're all figuring this out for the first time together):

1. Find Synergies in the Steam Workshop and click the subscribe button.
2. Hit "refresh" to make sure that it actually subscribed, there was a problem earlier where it claimed to subscribe but it never did.
3. Wait for it to finish downloading in Steam.
4. Launch TL2. It should give you a new launcher with 2 red buttons. Hit the bottom one (looks like > + * ).
5. A new "ModLauncher" window pops up. On the left hand side you should see "SynergiesMOD" listed. Click the little box next to it. "SynergiesMOD" should now appear in the right hand box, under "Selected Mod Order (Max 10)".
6. Hit the red button in the lower right corner. TL2 should load. It should probably only give you the option to create a new game. Just exit TL2.
7. Find your "my games" folder, usually in your Documents library. Head into runic games>torchlight 2. You should now have a modsave folder. Copy your 732646557235whatever save game folder into the modsave folder.
8. Hopefully that should work now.

These steps are what you need to get the game working Post-GUTs and subscribing to it at the same time.

These are the steps, post-GUT if you don't want to subscribe Torchlight 2 to Steam Workshop.

1) Patched Torchlight 2 to latest version.
2) Went into the SteamApps/Common/Torchlight 2 folder and deleted all .PAKs file I had there with the exception of the "Data" ones.  (thus made sure there was no synergies installed).
3) Once I did that, I double clicked on the Torchlight 2 shortcut in my deskstop, and the Launcher menu came up, there's 2 options Play Torchlight 2 (without Mods) or Manage your Mods and than Play after. I first launched the game "without" mods, so just clicked the little Play Button.
4) Once inside Menu Screen, this is important, don't try to start a game or load your character (it's still there from, don't worry), just simply exit out of the game now.
5) Once exited, you should see 2 new folders in your My Documents/My Games/Runic Games/Torchlight 2 area. "modsave" and "mods".
6) Simply copy, or my case "cut" (since you don't need synergy type chars in your vanilla save file) the folder labeled with all the numbers in the "save" folder to the "modsave" folder instead.
7) Once done, then go ahead and download SynergiesMod 2.006 from the site, when you open it you should see one file, a .mod file.
8. Extract SynergiesMod to your new "mods" folder in your my documents.
9) Launch Game, but this time click on the other option to manage your mods, your SynergiesMods should be shown on the left side, just select it, and it should move over the to right side as "active".
10)Once done, simply launch the game bottom Right Corner of that same mod manager window that says "Launch with Mods" (note you'll have to do this to play with Synergies, if you just click on the "Play Torchlight 2" outside of the manage Mod window, than vanilla T2 will run instead.

So there you have, 2 options, honestly the Sub route is probably easier since I think there's an "auto update" function of the any subscribed mods you have, but some people don't like to do that kind of stuff, so feel free to use either option, heh.

Salan or another moderator, I would probably sticky these instructions because they're like 3 or 4 different threads on how to get this to work post-GUTs :).

thanks,

MP
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:11:43 AM by Salan »
“He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
and it was often difficult to tell which was which.”
~So long, and thanks for all the fish!~

Taran

Re: HOW TO INSTALL SYNERGIES
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 04:33:22 PM »
Ya very glad the remastered works with synergies...using it raises my fps by quite abit...do not lag any in battles anymore. Hopefully this will always work with synergies!!!!
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera

Lordofgore

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 01:42:07 AM »
so there are no affects currently even though the synergies mod's dose have a newer date the other .PAK files What should i do from here?

Edit: I'm A god Damned Derp lol , I moved The .pak Files Out the folder and into the main pak folder and it booted right up.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:46:56 AM by Lordofgore »

Patches

• The IT Guy
  • Administrator
  • I am a weather.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »
Ya very glad the remastered works with synergies...using it raises my fps by quite abit...do not lag any in battles anymore. Hopefully this will always work with synergies!!!!

Honestly didn't know that mod existed.

Added to my list. Well, it's a list of two.
Shut up.

Greg

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 02:16:34 PM »
Added to my list. Well, it's a list of two.
Its more a memo than a list, in fact I'd go as far to say its just a note if anything...
You can't spell amazingly stupid, without the word amazing.

cyberakuma

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »
I hope this is the right section.  I am having issues installing this mod.  I unzipped and dropped all the packs from the SYNERGIESV148A.zip file into the F:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Torchlight II\PAKS directory.  I had to install my torchlight on an external hdd because of space limitations of my SSD I hope that is not causing the issue.  I have tried rerolling the world(which I guess only works on internet and lan games) with my old saved characters and what not but to no avail.  I do not have a necromancer available to choose either.  I have no other mods installed.  I am running TL2 on a new Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit) pc

Your help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:29:28 PM by cyberakuma »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 10:59:32 PM »
if the mod doesn't work after putting it in the pak it is because you need the latest version of TL2 (patch runics game) for it to work.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

cyberakuma

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 02:52:25 AM »
I had version 1.21.5.1 which I believe is the latest.  I backed up my saves, uninstalled TL2, reinstalled and now the mod works.  It is soooo freakin good!  There is several major changes but I also appreciate the more subtle things like the bar above your inventory that shows your current magic armour level.  You guys have done a masterful job!  Thank you!

anadsiobud

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 04:05:51 AM »
When I download the file all I get is a .mod file, not pak files.  Where should I be putting this file and how should I be using it?  Thank you for your time.

Fallingferret

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 04:25:11 AM »
You now put all your .mods in: Documents\my games\runic games\torchlight 2\mods

Then click the second button on the launcher (the one with the gear), check the box next to synergies, and hit the play button.

Remember to copy any saves you have from /saves to /modsave if you want to play any old characters.

laopi23

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 05:37:32 AM »
well this guide is sucks

since the synergies file system is .mod
i dont think that this guide will work

HughManatee

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 08:27:33 AM »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 05:11:59 AM »
I copy and pasted it over top the OP post here
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

thedoldi

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »
 What cracked version have system mods? I have original T2 on steam, but no have internet at home.

csgods3

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 08:26:28 PM »
modlauncher doesn't load for me at all

is there anyway too use mod launcher without going onto steam
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:38:16 PM by csgods3 »