Author Topic: Teamspeak Server for Torchlight 2 test.  (Read 3265 times)

Mikesla

• It's just another day at the office...
    • Just All in One resource
Teamspeak Server for Torchlight 2 test.
« on: March 07, 2013, 04:55:35 PM »
 Hi Guys, and wonderful Ladies.

I am wondering if I can have someone visit my private TS3 TL2 Synergies server just to see if this thing works or not. My primary focus is to have a place where people I play with for the Synergies mod can talk back, and forth while battling the baddies.

IP: 173.212.91.210:9987

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:57:37 PM by Mikesla »

Patches

• Former IT Guy, Lurker of Threads
  • Administrator
  • I am a weather.
Re: Teamspeak Server for Torchlight 2 test.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 06:04:19 PM »
Synergies already has a public mumble server open for use by anyone and everyone.
Feel free to use that, and save yourself some trouble. :)

http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=322.0

Mikesla

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:50:16 PM »
Synergies already has a public mumble server open for use by anyone and everyone.

Hmmmm. Thing is I don't use Mumble, I use Teamspeak 3 for when I play Scourge of War Gettysburg online so I like keeping things neat, and tidy (so to speak). Can't understand why mumble is even being used since the latest version of TS3 has been tweaked for better audio.

Thanks Patches (cool nick btw).  :)

Mikesla

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:13:09 PM »
Haaaa, I just downloaded, and tried to install Mumble, and I'm being told I need admin privileges. I know my way around Windows 7, and believe me I am the admin.

So much for Mumble.

Patches

• Administrator
  • I am a weather.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 11:41:13 PM »

Hmmmm. Thing is I don't use Mumble, I use Teamspeak 3 for when I play Scourge of War Gettysburg online so I like keeping things neat, and tidy (so to speak). Can't understand why mumble is even being used since the latest version of TS3 has been tweaked for better audio.

Thanks Patches (cool nick btw).  :)

Mumble is used because it doesn't require licensing, for one. Second, even though TS3 has been updated, it does not compare to the quality of mumble, and no where NEAR the efficiency in bandwidth and resource usage. :)

http://www.leetspeak.com.au/mumblevtsvvent.php <--- An article on this exact topic. One google search for "mumble vs teamspeak". :P

Make sure you're not running the backwards compatible executable for mumble.

Mumble is the best VoIP on the market, from a programmers standpoint. The specifics blow everything else out of the water :) Any who say otherwise are welcome to show their benchmarks to prove me wrong :D

Haaaa, I just downloaded, and tried to install Mumble, and I'm being told I need admin privileges. I know my way around Windows 7, and believe me I am the admin.

So much for Mumble.

Also: that's not mumble being wonky, that's your windows. Mumble would still run without administrator, but have less functionality (wouldn't install for all users, for example). Most applications that claim they need admin usually only require it for installing for all users. I'm not sure why yours would be complaining about administrator though, as I'm not sitting at your computer and Windows has a notorious history of hating me. If you give more information besides "needs admin" I might be able to help. That's really not a mumble error.

Like I tell other people when providing tech support: if it works for everyone but you, it's you. :P

I'm in the Steam Group, so if you want to chat on it in real time you're welcome to hit me up there. It's how most people let me know when there is a problem :P

You don't have to use it though, lets just not have 100 different people offering VoIP services. Synergies has a dedicated one, open to all.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:56:09 PM by Patches »

Mikesla

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 12:34:35 AM »
Thanks for the help Patches... It's now installed.

Sorry for the bother!

Now, now I have the need for some great gaming.

Cheers, and thanks again Patches for all your help!

Patches

• Administrator
  • I am a weather.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 01:24:40 AM »
Thanks for the help Patches... It's now installed.

Sorry for the bother!

Now, now I have the need for some great gaming.

Cheers, and thanks again Patches for all your help!

Anytime, guy. :D

hnoor0077

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 01:21:42 AM »
I'm not sure why yours would be complaining about administrator though, as I'm not sitting at your computer and Windows has a notorious history of hating me.