Author Topic: You guys really level to 100 legit?  (Read 36131 times)

Senteliks

Re: You guys really level to 100 legit?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 10:48:16 AM »
Leveling isn't an issue.Problem i was facing in the past was that i felt like i am not experiencing anything new,even if i play with new custom class new item collection,Synergies or tweaks.Levels in game both out door and indoor looked the same as the levels i already had explored once.Playing again from the start is tiresome and boring because of that.There are textured mods out there but they just re-skin overall look of textures and don't  change anything important.To summarize all this in one sentence,it would be fun to level again if i could experience game from different perspective,in other words overhaul of quest,acts,maps . Zyph had that intention but it seems that no one was interest...and i don't blame them its easier to mesh new armors and weapons than making new custom tiles and level designing with GUTS is some what too complex and time consuming.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:02:05 PM by Senteliks »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 06:56:45 PM »
Ya, if you consider synergies being a overhaul mod rather then a true conversion at this point.. its true.  It changes balance but its really a rework of what was already there for leveling.  I have added the ROD but for the most part its rehashes, even if rarely seen portions, of what was in the game.   End game is truly the additions to the game.  But by then you need to have leveled already.

you could skip the leveling process and console to 100 in synergies and enjoy the end game grind instead, very easily.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

SamNash

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »
So ROD for leveling once I'm done playing through the regular game? I've been trying to find as much info as I can on where to go once I'm done with the initial play through with my necro. I'm very excited to get into the new content

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
ROD i would recommend yes.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Deamones

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 09:09:45 AM »
ROD i would recommend yes.

What is ROD?

GulyFMG

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 09:15:50 AM »
ROD are the Realms of Discord there is a portal on the estherian enclave.

Deamones

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 09:23:12 AM »
ROD are the Realms of Discord there is a portal on the estherian enclave.

Ah my bad! ok thanks!

misiek899

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2014, 02:56:05 PM »
I leveling my character any time uses scroll castle very  fast leveling xp and frame, RoD small exp and long time leveling.

SamNash

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2014, 08:48:56 AM »
I leveled my necro to 100 legit. Although, it took a long time so if someone could tell me how to make a level 100 character from the start? I dont think I have the time to level all the way again lol I wanna make a pally

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2014, 10:11:19 AM »
You make the character and then use the console (levelup 100, I believe) to instantly bring you to max level. How you enable the console in-game I'm not quite sure, it's either an option on the Options screen or you put something in the spawn path for the game.

Oop, even better: editing text files.

How to Activate the Console Window

Alter the file “settings.txt” found in your Torchlight 2 Save file.
    The save file is found here: “C:/Users/#USERNAME#/My Documents/Runic Games/Torchlight 2/Save”

Note: “#USERNAME#” is your personal username. On some operating systems, Torchlight 2 is saved under “My Games” instead of “My Documents.”
    Open the file with a text editor, then press CTRL+F and search for “Console :0″. Change the parameter from “Console :0″ to “Console :1″ to activate the Developer Console, enabling use of cheat console commands in Torchlight 2.
    Now that cheats are activated, you can open the Console window while in-game by pressing “INSERT“.

SamNash

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »
You make the character and then use the console (levelup 100, I believe) to instantly bring you to max level. How you enable the console in-game I'm not quite sure, it's either an option on the Options screen or you put something in the spawn path for the game.

Oop, even better: editing text files.

How to Activate the Console Window

Alter the file “settings.txt” found in your Torchlight 2 Save file.
    The save file is found here: “C:/Users/#USERNAME#/My Documents/Runic Games/Torchlight 2/Save”

Note: “#USERNAME#” is your personal username. On some operating systems, Torchlight 2 is saved under “My Games” instead of “My Documents.”
    Open the file with a text editor, then press CTRL+F and search for “Console :0″. Change the parameter from “Console :0″ to “Console :1″ to activate the Developer Console, enabling use of cheat console commands in Torchlight 2.
    Now that cheats are activated, you can open the Console window while in-game by pressing “INSERT“.

oh man thats awesome! thank you so much for telling me how to do that! Leveling was really fun, but it was a grind that I dont have time to do again especially since I wanna raid and see end game stuff. But I feel like I had to level at least one character to 100 myself before I did this lol

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2014, 11:33:39 AM »
levelup 100
money 5455345454

buy some basic gear in Tablemountain, start grinding end game as if you spent the time leveling :)

your build will need tweaks if your not use to the class thou, don't get upset when you suck at first

SamNash

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2014, 12:09:12 PM »
levelup 100
money 5455345454

buy some basic gear in Tablemountain, start grinding end game as if you spent the time leveling :)

your build will need tweaks if your not use to the class thou, don't get upset when you suck at first

Thanks Salan! I def need gold... I spend most of what I had on my necro already. Yeah I'm sure that its going to be a learning process for me at first when I play my pally. My necro is going well though! I've been tweaking things as I'lve been going and I'm thinking of adding bone wall to my set of skills. extra control is never a bad thing. Bone prison seems cool too. I'm def gonna attempt to console tonight though!

Deamones

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2014, 01:13:24 PM »
levelup 100
money 5455345454

What's the point of playing if you get everything already from the start?
I'll grind myself up to 100 and farm gold mines for my enchantments... Maybe thats why iv'e been playing for 2 months already and didn't reach end game yet hahaha

SamNash

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2014, 01:17:55 PM »
haha well leveling takes a lot of time. I did like leveling my necro from 1-100. but it took forever and I dont have the time for it. The end game is so expansive too and I wanna take time to do that so thats why I dont care to level from scratch again. but to each his own