Author Topic: You guys really level to 100 legit?  (Read 32410 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: You guys really level to 100 legit?
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2014, 01:37:57 PM »
levelup 100
money 5455345454

buy some basic gear in Tablemountain, start grinding end game as if you spent the time leveling :)

your build will need tweaks if your not use to the class thou, don't get upset when you suck at first

What's the point of playing if you get everything already from the start?
I'll grind myself up to 100 and farm gold mines for my enchantments... Maybe thats why iv'e been playing for 2 months already and didn't reach end game yet hahaha

what do you get from the start? 

I just told him what the commands are, its easy to find anyways.     I personally have to console characters all the time for testing different level ranges and gears and such.

I'd recommend setting a limit on the amount of money you give yourself thou, for the vary reason of doing it yourself and appreciating it.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Deamones

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
I'd recommend setting a limit on the amount of money you give yourself thou, for the vary reason of doing it yourself and appreciating it.

+ 1.
 It's just more fun to be able to say that my character is 100% legit I think. But thats the way I feel. I don't really care if someone else console his way up to 100, I just find it boring and would lose interest in the game if I do that I think.

And gaining a level is so much fun and spending those 5 attributes points and 1 skill point and having to decide a hundred times where to put them!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:11:48 PM by Deamones »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2014, 05:00:11 PM »

+ 1.
 It's just more fun to be able to say that my character is 100% legit I think. But thats the way I feel. I don't really care if someone else console his way up to 100, I just find it boring and would lose interest in the game if I do that I think.

And gaining a level is so much fun and spending those 5 attributes points and 1 skill point and having to decide a hundred times where to put them!!

absolutely, I am leveling a new character with my daughter for this reason.  I feel that I am connected to my necromancer, and my old embermage and berserker.. but i haven't had time to truly level a warlock yet.

too much time making and testing .. i did legitly farm DK with my warlock thou!
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2014, 06:31:56 PM »
I actually really like leveling - fighting your way to the top is far more satisfying than anything you do while ON the top. For me, anyway.

I absolutely get the appeal of killing a god or supervillain or just something ten times bigger than you, though, but there's always World Bosses and Hero mobs for that. And Chaos Scrolls.

That's why I'd like a whole slew of alternate leveling places to go to, instead of the standard ones. Or at the very least twice as many variations on those maps.

And more RoD levels :D

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2014, 12:57:11 AM »
I actually really like leveling - fighting your way to the top is far more satisfying than anything you do while ON the top. For me, anyway.

you need to try the end game more, more bosses there then throughout the regular playthrough now .. its a different type of progression thou.  I use to feel that if my character itself wasn't progressing there was no point in playing it, but then that was typical ARPGs where they force you to go back into the leveling zones to find loot.  i hated that.   I love the raid style dungeons that I slightly mimiced with WOW and such.

Thatmg7

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 08:01:49 PM »
I think im going to level my Engi to 100 legit then im gonna console my other characters cause it really annoying the gap between vanilla campaign what ends (50-60s)

that's if you do everything.

then you need to spends tons of times fighting pointless trash that can't harm you (if you have been using table mt gear and the high gems)

that are nothing but HP sinks (boring), cause my gear is stuck at where it is (the 60-70 sets own P much everything except 100 sets)

however the mobs are scaling, e.g. taking longer to kill.

wish you could somehow ramp up the xp, an fame in ROD. (say post level 70)

due to the fact, what's the point of a slow grind, if most people are going to just skip it anyway, it adds nothing to the game.

this is talking on veteran.

kindof makes me wish I played normal, however then I would of got board how little end game would be a challenge.

no hate on necro post.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014, 05:05:18 AM »
Yeah you are right. I have started to make a special zone where there would be challenges, special rewards and harder boss fights. It will take some time before i finish it though.. I'll send it to salan as soon as i will get my first challenge completed.
It will be supposed to lead the player from lvl 50 to 100 using a quest line (don't expect much creativity in this questline though :p)

Thatmg7

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 11:35:54 AM »
I kind of wish there was a XP/Fame map. Like their is a Gold Map in table.

basically easy to kill enemies that give lots of xp/fame (relativity speaking for their level)

so you can technically "play legit" an kills mobs to level/fame cap.

From what I see castle isn't good for all classes,  its only for toons that have massive aoe dps.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 04:08:56 PM »
I need to expand the realm of discord a lot more, and script more things into those levels.

Sir Critalot

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »
So I reached level 100 yesterday with my Necromancer yesterday! I doubt if I will do that again with one of my other chars, the Necro is IMO the most fun class. I definitely will go on playing my Necro to see what what the soulcrafting thing is all about. Only thing I know is that I can soulcraft legendary items with an angelic soul after upgrading the lower ones. Is there anything else that can be done with these souls before they reach angelic status?

The question for me now is: what do I do now with my beautiful level 100 Xanthara?

Oh, and one strange thing: My pet (Dark Zealot) is literally indestructible, it never loses any HP. Bug or feature? All my other pets get hurt a lot and constantly flee.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2014, 11:32:32 AM »
So I reached level 100 yesterday with my Necromancer yesterday! I doubt if I will do that again with one of my other chars, the Necro is IMO the most fun class. I definitely will go on playing my Necro to see what what the soulcrafting thing is all about. Only thing I know is that I can soulcraft legendary items with an angelic soul after upgrading the lower ones. Is there anything else that can be done with these souls before they reach angelic status?

The question for me now is: what do I do now with my beautiful level 100 Xanthara?

Oh, and one strange thing: My pet (Dark Zealot) is literally indestructible, it never loses any HP. Bug or feature? All my other pets get hurt a lot and constantly flee.

Farm DK Trash mobs (First raid) for Skulls that you will need (such as the +HP skull and +Damage Reduction skull)
Farm the Gold Mine for gold so you can buy the Unique items you want from Table Mountains Vendor, and so you can enchant your items (sells all the Uniques that can drop, just reroll the world to refresh the vendors inventory), you should aim for 14-15k HP and 75% Damage Reduction (75% is the cap, cant get more than that)

After you have obtained those goals, it is a straight up boss farm fest :D get the items you want, and Soulforge them x2, and when you are done with that you can move on to T1, Darknessfalls (oo spooky!)

You can farm Or'ak Pass/Basin if you want a few of the Legendary skulls there before you head over to DarknessFalls, will give you better stats since the Legendary skulls are better, heres info on the T0.5 Legendary skulls: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=4909.0

EDIT: Can kill T1 bosses with vendor Uniques ofc, will just take you more deaths and way more time to finish a boss fight with vendor Uniques in Darknessfalls.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:45:50 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!