Author Topic: How to get SynergiesMod installed Post Guts (Steam Workshop)  (Read 70366 times)

mp84

How to get SynergiesMod installed Post Guts (Steam Workshop)
« on: April 02, 2013, 12:11:57 PM »
Hey All,

Since it seems there's a lot of questions going around, figured I would through a central titled topic with installation instructions other members of the modding community have kindly given already, heh.

Basically, there's 2 ways you can install the Mod, through "Subscribing via the Steam Workshop" or Not Subscribing.

Moron-proof attempt (though really no one's a moron since we're all figuring this out for the first time together):

1. Find Synergies in the Steam Workshop and click the subscribe button.
2. Hit "refresh" to make sure that it actually subscribed, there was a problem earlier where it claimed to subscribe but it never did.
3. Wait for it to finish downloading in Steam.
4. Launch TL2. It should give you a new launcher with 2 red buttons. Hit the bottom one (looks like > + * ).
5. A new "ModLauncher" window pops up. On the left hand side you should see "SynergiesMOD" listed. Click the little box next to it. "SynergiesMOD" should now appear in the right hand box, under "Selected Mod Order (Max 10)".
6. Hit the red button in the lower right corner. TL2 should load. It should probably only give you the option to create a new game. Just exit TL2.
7. Find your "my games" folder, usually in your Documents library. Head into runic games>torchlight 2. You should now have a modsave folder. Copy your 732646557235whatever save game folder into the modsave folder.
8. Hopefully that should work now.

These steps are what you need to get the game working Post-GUTs and subscribing to it at the same time.

These are the steps, post-GUT if you don't want to subscribe Torchlight 2 to Steam Workshop.

1) Patched Torchlight 2 to latest version.
2) Went into the SteamApps/Common/Torchlight 2 folder and deleted all .PAKs file I had there with the exception of the "Data" ones.  (thus made sure there was no synergies installed).
3) Once I did that, I double clicked on the Torchlight 2 shortcut in my deskstop, and the Launcher menu came up, there's 2 options Play Torchlight 2 (without Mods) or Manage your Mods and than Play after. I first launched the game "without" mods, so just clicked the little Play Button.
4) Once inside Menu Screen, this is important, don't try to start a game or load your character (it's still there from, don't worry), just simply exit out of the game now.
5) Once exited, you should see 2 new folders in your My Documents/My Games/Runic Games/Torchlight 2 area. "modsave" and "mods".
6) Simply copy, or my case "cut" (since you don't need synergy type chars in your vanilla save file) the folder labeled with all the numbers in the "save" folder to the "modsave" folder instead.
7) Once done, then go ahead and download SynergiesMod 2.006 from the site, when you open it you should see one file, a .mod file.
8. Extract SynergiesMod to your new "mods" folder in your my documents.
9) Launch Game, but this time click on the other option to manage your mods, your SynergiesMods should be shown on the left side, just select it, and it should move over the to right side as "active".
10)Once done, simply launch the game bottom Right Corner of that same mod manager window that says "Launch with Mods" (note you'll have to do this to play with Synergies, if you just click on the "Play Torchlight 2" outside of the manage Mod window, than vanilla T2 will run instead.

So there you have, 2 options, honestly the Sub route is probably easier since I think there's an "auto update" function of the any subscribed mods you have, but some people don't like to do that kind of stuff, so feel free to use either option, heh.

Salan or another moderator, I would probably sticky these instructions because they're like 3 or 4 different threads on how to get this to work post-GUTs :).

thanks,

MP
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:17:11 PM by mp84 »

HughManatee

Re: How to get SynergiesMod installed Post Guts (Steam Workshop)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 12:51:01 PM »
Just to add a bit of context to my method quoted there (since that was in response to a scenario): For step 7, the original save game folder with the long numerical name is located by default in documents>my games>runic games>torchlight 2>save. Copy it and paste it into documents>my games>runic games>torchlight 2>modsave. It's also recommended to paste it someplace else as a backup in case something goes wrong in this process (e.g. if you lose items from your stash).

Cy_

• Retired Developer
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:01:41 PM »
It's also recommended to paste it someplace else as a backup in case something goes wrong in this process (e.g. if you lose items from your stash).

Make a T2 backup folder someplace like C:\users\***your account name***\<create folder here>
create a short cut to this folder on your desktop

now anytime you want or it seems prudent, you can back up your 7234298742355(whatever #) folder easily

capt1nsain0

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:45:16 AM »
I've already converted to post GUTS, and everything is working. Salan Just released 2.008. Do I have to manually update, or will that work automatically through steam like other updates?

HughManatee

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »
I've already converted to post GUTS, and everything is working. Salan Just released 2.008. Do I have to manually update, or will that work automatically through steam like other updates?

If you use the Steam Workshop subscription option, it updates automatically. When you first launch TL2 , down at the bottom of the window it will tell you a mod is out of date, then it will tell you it's downloading and the green bar will fill up until it says all subscriptions up to date. Just did it for me.

Much more convenient than having to visit the website all the time to download, unzip and copy over PAKs.

Plus this means people are going to be on the same version of Synergies which makes multiplayer a lot easier.

Cy_

• Retired Developer
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »
steam subscriptions autoupdate, unless they are hammered full like mine was.

capt1nsain0

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »

If you use the Steam Workshop subscription option, it updates automatically. When you first launch TL2 , down at the bottom of the window it will tell you a mod is out of date, then it will tell you it's downloading and the green bar will fill up until it says all subscriptions up to date. Just did it for me.

Much more convenient than having to visit the website all the time to download, unzip and copy over PAKs.

Plus this means people are going to be on the same version of Synergies which makes multiplayer a lot easier.

AHH yes thank you. I am subscribed and it does look like its automatically updated. If anyone wants to see it, you can check out the Steam Workshop and Synergies .8 is listed. It shows that I have it, so it must of auto-updated.

I didn't mind installing each patch, but I wont lie this is going to be much easier.

Tesseract24

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 11:00:22 PM »
Sooo, I'm having a slight problem... None of my toons load in game after subbing to the mods through steam. I read through the thread and didn't notice anyone else having this problem(or if it covered and I somehow read over it).

My toons do appear in the Runic Games/Torchlight2/saves folder but they do no show up in game.

Thanks for any and all help in advance.

HughManatee

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 11:12:02 PM »
Sooo, I'm having a slight problem... None of my toons load in game after subbing to the mods through steam. I read through the thread and didn't notice anyone else having this problem(or if it covered and I somehow read over it).

My toons do appear in the Runic Games/Torchlight2/saves folder but they do no show up in game.

Thanks for any and all help in advance.

They should be in /modsave, not /save. Copy them somewhere else first for backup before you move them over.

Tesseract24

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 11:43:41 PM »
Oh my.... Wow that was simple. Thanks Hugh. Now another problem arises. I can't play my Ninja. Says I'm missing Hum_Ninja_F. What do?

Cy_

• Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 12:30:02 AM »
copy them to "modsaves"

The Sorrowed Man

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 02:25:31 AM »
As I am not subbed to Steam, this post helped me install Synergies again. So thanks to OP.

The only problem I have is that none of my loot is in the shared storage. Is that because the bigger inventory is no longer in this mod or do I need to move a file around to get my items back?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 04:18:42 AM »
the shared stash stayed the same.

new update out :)
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

raymund160

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 08:17:18 AM »
how can I use this on the cracked version of torchlight II?

HughManatee

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 08:47:02 AM »
Oh my.... Wow that was simple. Thanks Hugh. Now another problem arises. I can't play my Ninja. Says I'm missing Hum_Ninja_F. What do?

The Ninja isn't part of Synergies anymore.