Author Topic: How to get SynergiesMod installed Post Guts (Steam Workshop)  (Read 71235 times)

Grinder

• Yes, I die a lot
Re: How to get SynergiesMod installed Post Guts (Steam Workshop)
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »
I have a problem.. i followed everything, put the .mod in the mod folder etc etc then i ran the game but i cannot click play with mods.. it looks like this:

http://puu.sh/2uho7/3159f1697f

any help? thanks!

Do you have the steam version or the Runic version of the game?  It makes a difference where you put the mod depending on which version you have.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”– Benjamin Franklin

WarMunkey

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 04:17:47 PM »
now what if i have steam but can't subscribe to the workshop due to no net? i know stupid question but my net got cancelled and wont be having it for a while.. am i s.o.l? or is there a way to get the updated synergies in there still?

Grinder

• Yes, I die a lot
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 04:25:11 PM »
now what if i have steam but can't subscribe to the workshop due to no net? i know stupid question but my net got cancelled and wont be having it for a while.. am i s.o.l? or is there a way to get the updated synergies in there still?

Good question.  I don't know.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”– Benjamin Franklin

GaresTaylan

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
Im having issues now as well. I was back on version 2.04 and havent played in awhile. I subscribed to both the synergies mod and low pop on steam workshop. I made sure low pop is over synergies mod. Then, I made sure that my .exe file for TL2 was the one needed for the out of memory error. After all this was changed I rebooted steam.

Now, when I try to launch Torchlight II now, it just crashes. Since the crash is through Steam, I dont get any details. Do I need to delete the .pak files and then let Steam redownload them or something? Do I need to do something with my PAK files?

*EDIT*

Ok, I uninstalled and reinstalled TL2 via Steam. It seems to work now. The cause appears to be the .exe file for the OOM error. Hope that gets updated soon.

I noticed that subscribing to synergies via steam only installs the .mod. Does this mean I will need to randomly come back here and update the .PAK files too?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:03:56 PM by GaresTaylan »

Grinder

• Yes, I die a lot
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 06:11:24 PM »
Im having issues now as well. I was back on version 2.04 and havent played in awhile. I subscribed to both the synergies mod and low pop on steam workshop. I made sure low pop is over synergies mod. Then, I made sure that my .exe file for TL2 was the one needed for the out of memory error. After all this was changed I rebooted steam.

Now, when I try to launch Torchlight II now, it just crashes. Since the crash is through Steam, I dont get any details. Do I need to delete the .pak files and then let Steam redownload them or something? Do I need to do something with my PAK files?

*EDIT*

Ok, I uninstalled and reinstalled TL2 via Steam. It seems to work now. The cause appears to be the .exe file for the OOM error. Hope that gets updated soon.

I noticed that subscribing to synergies via steam only installs the .mod. Does this mean I will need to randomly come back here and update the .PAK files too?

I don't think so.  If the mod is updated by steam, then you should be ok.  I suppose you could do it either way.  I don't use steam so I really have no idea how that part works.

GaresTaylan

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »
Weird. After I rebooted my PC and relaunched steam, TL2 loads and the mod is fine now (without the PAKs i should add).

Now if someone would just update the out of memory .exe file. I started playing and got the error in about 3 minutes. :(

raymund160

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »
Since the cracked version of TL2 updated and we already have a mod launcher and the modsave and mods folder in "Documents\My Games\Runic Games\Torchlight 2" I moved the synergies.mod file in mods folder and moved the saves folder to modsave folder but the second button in the modlauncher is grayed out. how do i fix this?

raymund160

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 08:10:35 AM »
I already fixed my problem. I have to download the trial version of the game on the torchlight 2 website and copy the data editor folder and modlauncher file. It works great :)

MIKMIK

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2013, 06:00:32 AM »
Witam mam wersje 1 23 55 Gdy uruchamiam grę przez plik o nazwie ModLauncher to mam tylko jedną opcję do uruchomienia gry i komunikat "Waiting for response from Steam...". Po uruchomieniu gry w menu dokumenty mam dwa katalogi które zostały dodane, mianowicie mod oraz modsave. Mogę prosić jakie pliki w jakie foldery należy wgrać, żeby dodatek "synergiesMod 2.052 zadziałał?.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:34:37 AM by MIKMIK »

homercall

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2013, 06:24:07 AM »
i run modlauncher pick the mod, and when i click on the right bottom button nothing happens...

Cy_

• Retired Developer
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
make sure it shows on the right side

synergiesmod should be on the bottom

tedtrumbley

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »
Well, I've followed the instructions for getting SynergiesMod to work with Steam Workshop, but no success.  The mod launcher opens appropriately, SynergiesMod shows up in the right hand side when the box is checked in the left, TL2 even says that it's in Mod mode, using the Mod save folder, but when I try to start a new game, only the four basic classes are available.  I've reinstalled the mod, reinstalled TL2, even reinstalled Steam.  I've power cycled my computer several times, no dice.

TL2 Vanilla runs fine.  The mods just aren't activating.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Running TL2 through Steam.
CPU: Phenom II, 16GB RAM
Video: Radeon Sapphire

Cy_

• Retired Developer
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »
Um, I know this will sound bad, but, did you notice the little arrow by the 4 portraits in the class choice menu?

It only shows 4, then you hit the arrow button and the other classes show up.

Just sayin. Not trying to be a dick.

tedtrumbley

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2013, 10:37:19 PM »
@Cy_  No worries.  There's no little arrow there, though. That was the first thing I looked for :)

Tried turning off SynergiesMod and turning on the Theolentist mod to see if that would work.  Theolentist works, so I don't think it's the ModLauncher.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:38:53 PM by tedtrumbley »

HughManatee

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2013, 09:34:47 AM »
@Cy_  No worries.  There's no little arrow there, though. That was the first thing I looked for :)

Tried turning off SynergiesMod and turning on the Theolentist mod to see if that would work.  Theolentist works, so I don't think it's the ModLauncher.

I'm guessing you've tried it with only Synergies active, i.e. no other mods?