Author Topic: [23 classes] Community Class modpack v6.0 (alpha)  (Read 45921 times)

Hellforger

[23 classes] Community Class modpack v6.0 (alpha)
« on: April 07, 2013, 04:33:09 AM »
Greeting fellow Tl2 fans! As you all know there is a current limit of 10 active mods at a time and that leaves us in a very limiting and crippling position. Yet there is a way to overcome this - to create a community-wide custom class modpack.

Here is the fifth version of the modpack: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139113849

And the non-steam upload: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9y8vbbaa1jbndf/COMMUNITY_CLASS_MODPACK.MOD

Classes included in the current version of modpack:
1)BemusedBear's Dread Pirate class                         *****APPROVED*****
2)mlbyas458's Dragon Prince                                    *****APPROVED*****
3)Actkqk's Tenebris class                                           *****APPROVED*****
4)SkiesUpHigh's Sprite class                                      *****APPROVED*****
5)Haette's Nethermancer class                                  *****APPROVED*****
6)thesouthstarwaterbirdfist 's Otaku Fighter class    *****APPROVED*****
7)Ghostblade's Techmage class                                 *****APPROVED*****
8)Ser Williamson's Noxmer class                                *****APPROVED*****
9)Zyph's Warrior Monk class                                      *****APPROVED*****

And Thematic* classes

1)Someone Else's Ampere                                         *****APPROVED*****
2)Someone Else's Grand Master                                *****APPROVED*****
3)Someone Else's Isaz                                              *****APPROVED*****
4)Someone Else's Chrono Shifter                              *****APPROVED*****
5)Someone Else's Elemental                                     *****APPROVED*****
6)Someone Else's Flamma                                         *****APPROVED*****
7)Someone Else's Shinobi                                         *****APPROVED*****
8)Someone Else's Umbra                                           *****APPROVED*****

Thematic classes are classes which are created using only a combination of vanila skills of the original 4 TL2 classes but are fully playable and have a special theme to their class.
For example:
Isaz class is ice/cold-themed class and it has all the ice/cold skills of all the original classes.
Flamma class is fire/magma-themed class and has all the fire/magma skills of all the original classes.

I understand that perhaps some of you won't like the idea of a new class with old skills, but they are really highly playable and offer a great margin of replayability to the game overall.

As of now you'll have 15 classes if you use the modpack (9 full-fledged and 6 thematic)

Classes to be added in the modpack at some point in the future

1)AwatemonoHooves' Deathknight class    *****on hold*****
2)Zange's Hammerer class                          *****on hold/very early in alpha*****
3)Epoch's Ninja class                                   *****not in near future*****
4)Epoch's Myrmidon class                            *****not in near future*****
5)Epoch's Samurai class                              *****not in near future*****

6)Squid Pro Quo's Theolentist class             *****awaiting approval when it's finished*****

7) Hybrid's Jaggernaut class                      *****on hold/early in alpha*****

8)Salan's Necromancer class                     *****Approved to include in future!*****
9)Salan's Warlock class                             *****Approved to include in future!*****
10)Salan's Paladin class                              *****Approved to include in future!*****

This way we'll always have 2 active mods (Synergies mod and Additional Classes Modpack) out of 10, leaving us with 8 free slots to tinker with freely!

I'll publish the modpack with links and original authors names in the description once I get their respective approvals.

New class introduction timeline:

UPDATE 1: Ok, just to clarify a few things. Since most of the classes are in a various states of early W.I.P./alpha/beta etc, every 2-3 days I'll gather the most recent versions of the contributing classes and update the modpack. So you'll never worry about being forced to play and outdated version of your picked class/classes.

UPDATE 2: Published the first version of the modpack consisting of the following classes: Dread Pirate and Dragon Prince.

UPDATE 3: Published the third version of the modpack consisting of the following classes: Dread Pirate, Dragon Prince, Techmage, Tenebris, Nethermancer, Sprite, Otaku Fighter

5/20/13
UPDATE 4: Published the fifth version of the modpack consisting of the following classes: Dread Pirate, Dragon Prince, Techmage, Tenebris, Nethermancer, Sprite, Otaku Fighter, Noxmer, Warrior Monk and the thematic classes - Grand Master, Isaz, Ampere, Flamma, Chrono Shifter, Elemental.

5/21/13
UPDATE 5: Published the 5.5 version which fixed most (if not all) conflicting issues between the classes and added 2 new thematic classes to the roster! The Army controlling Umbra and agile Shinobi!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:47:59 PM by Hellforger »

DarkAcheron

Re: Community Class modpack
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:37:28 AM »
Sounds Awesome hope u get approved :)

Actkqk

• Tenebris Developer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:10:20 AM »
I will put here the same as the private replied:

Thanks but it's too early. The Tenebris, is just in Beta status. Much work remains in balance at high levels and replace all icons skills. Currently I have no time to test anything external, only work on the current development and continue updating slowly. Thanks again but not a good idea to rush.

Wait for the completion of all classes. I think my work is what is ahead, but even to me is a lot still to test and modify.

mlbyas458

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »
Greeting fellow Tl2 fans! As you all know there is a current limit of 10 active mods at a time and that leaves us in a very limiting and crippling position. Yet there is a way to overcome this - to create a community-wide custom class modpack.

I even went ahead and created an alpha version of the modpack, consisting of:
1)Actkqk's Tenebris class   *****waiting approval*****
2)BemusedBear's Dread Pireate class   *****waiting approval*****
3)mlbyas458's Dragon Prine   *****waiting approval*****
4)Haette's Nethermancer class   *****waiting approval*****

This way we'll always have 2 active mods (Synergies mod and Additional Classes Modpack) out of 10, leaving us with 8 free slots to tinker with freely!

I'll publish the modpack with links and original authors names in the description once I get their respective approvals.

Approved  ;D

Hellforger

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »
I will put here the same as the private replied:

Thanks but it's too early. The Tenebris, is just in Beta status. Much work remains in balance at high levels and replace all icons skills. Currently I have no time to test anything external, only work on the current development and continue updating slowly. Thanks again but not a good idea to rush.

Wait for the completion of all classes. I think my work is what is ahead, but even to me is a lot still to test and modify.

If the problem is testing, I could take it myself. And I've done some internal testing myself and all is working fine. No bugs yet. All you need to do is just approve using your class in the community modpack. But if you still reject I'll honor your decision anyway. After all it's all up to you ;)

I even went ahead and created an alpha version of the modpack, consisting of:
1)Actkqk's Tenebris class   *****waiting approval*****
2)BemusedBear's Dread Pireate class   *****waiting approval*****
3)mlbyas458's Dragon Prine   *****waiting approval*****
4)Haette's Nethermancer class   *****waiting approval*****

Approved  ;D

Nice! Updated OP ;)

Actkqk

• Tenebris Developer
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 11:17:25 AM »
Hopefully not misinterpreted. The idea is good, but honestly I think it's too early. We are still under development... I saw a post of yours in steam workshop trying to join another class that does not even have finished all their skills. I do not like things halfway and I'd rather wait.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 12:31:19 PM »
I hate my classes not being finished and refined.. just so much work to do..
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Xercules

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 04:08:11 PM »

Daaammmm iittt!!!!

I just used up two more slots for the prince and tenebris!!!! Is there an EASY way to get them out of the mod manager and go with the mod pack for the classes? I can wait on the tenebris to be completed,....I already played it pre-guts and like it, but I'm just thinking about saving space. The dragon Prince I only have to level 3 or so, so I can restart that easy enough.

I havent really got any mods added. Just synergies and pretty damage.(plus the two classes I just got). I use it only for offline playing lol. So I can match up internet play. I figured at some point Salan would either put all the others back in soon, like the stash size,..and gem stuff, or let someone else combine it all. I just havent been quick to add a bunch of mods because of the limit......

Hellforger

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 04:57:41 PM »
Alright! BemusedBear gave me his permission and blessing to include his "Dread Pirate" into the modpack!

Haette

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 05:29:33 PM »
Hey all, just stopping in to say that I really like this idea, it's a nice way to ease up on the mod limit.

That said, I'm in a similar boat as Actkqk, the nethermancer's just too early in development for me to feel comfortable putting it in a pack that's probably going to be quite widely used. By all means, I'll approve it eventually, I'd just rather wait until it's in a state that at least offers some choices for multiple playthroughs. I want people to be able to want everything and experiment with builds. I mean ffs, I've only got 5 skills and no charge bar at the moment, it's barely even a class at this point :P

Hellforger

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 05:55:56 PM »
Hey all, just stopping in to say that I really like this idea, it's a nice way to ease up on the mod limit.

That said, I'm in a similar boat as Actkqk, the nethermancer's just too early in development for me to feel comfortable putting it in a pack that's probably going to be quite widely used. By all means, I'll approve it eventually, I'd just rather wait until it's in a state that at least offers some choices for multiple playthroughs. I want people to be able to want everything and experiment with builds. I mean ffs, I've only got 5 skills and no charge bar at the moment, it's barely even a class at this point :P

Thanks for dropping by and welcome to the forums! While I understand your and Actkqk's concerns about including your yet W.I.P. classes in the pack I'll assure you that the modpack is itself a full fledged mod, meaning I'll update it on a regular basis and include the most recent versions of all the contributing classes. I'll clearly indicate in the description that the classes are on a various stages of development and are not final and some of them are even at the very early W.I.P. state. So no need to fear about not telling people ahead that the classes are not finished yet.

That being said, I'll honor your decisions and if you still want to contribute only when your classes are finished, it's perfectly fine. Your classes - your rules, hehe.

Xercules

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 06:21:03 PM »

So, is it possible to just un-subscribe to a workshop mod? I'm kinda fearful to just go doing stuff. If anyone has any info on it.....please tell me.

Hellforger

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 06:41:25 PM »

So, is it possible to just un-subscribe to a workshop mod? I'm kinda fearful to just go doing stuff. If anyone has any info on it.....please tell me.

While I have no clue how your question is related to the modpack discussion, I may assure you that it's perfectly safe to subscribe and unsubscribe to any mod you'd like to add/remove. So don't worry ;)

But I'll strongly advice you and all others to stay on topic please.

Thanks in advance ^^

Haette

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 06:58:21 PM »
Thanks for dropping by and welcome to the forums! While I understand your and Actkqk's concerns about including your yet W.I.P. classes in the pack I'll assure you that the modpack is itself a full fledged mod, meaning I'll update it on a regular basis and include the most recent versions of all the contributing classes. I'll clearly indicate in the description that the classes are on a various stages of development and are not final and some of them are even at the very early W.I.P. state. So no need to fear about not telling people ahead that the classes are not finished yet.

That being said, I'll honor your decisions and if you still want to contribute only when your classes are finished, it's perfectly fine. Your classes - your rules, hehe.

Not even finished, really, god knows how long that would take. Just "done enough" so that it feels like an actual class instead of a test bed, you know? That's subjective and all, but I'm talking at least a charge mechanic and maybe half of the full skill set, enough that there's room for choices instead of just grabbing everything. It's partly a pride thing on my part, and partly because I think the extra feedback stream would be more useful when the class is actually in a state that I can worry about balance and skill synergy.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:00:30 PM by Haette »

Hellforger

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 01:28:34 AM »

Not even finished, really, god knows how long that would take. Just "done enough" so that it feels like an actual class instead of a test bed, you know? That's subjective and all, but I'm talking at least a charge mechanic and maybe half of the full skill set, enough that there's room for choices instead of just grabbing everything. It's partly a pride thing on my part, and partly because I think the extra feedback stream would be more useful when the class is actually in a state that I can worry about balance and skill synergy.

It's fine, take your time, finish some skills and add a charge mechanic. Just when you'll feel like you are ready to include, contact me, and  I'll add your class ;) Best of luck mate!