Author Topic: The WolfMan  (Read 6976 times)

Actkqk

• Tenebris Developer
The WolfMan
« on: April 21, 2013, 12:18:57 PM »
I'm not good at creating concepts. I'm good at making things, imagining skills. I decided to post this in case anyone has intentions to do something similar. I already thought before the emergence of Guts, and I have on hold, until complete the balance of the Tenebris.
All I can say is that it is a class with favoritism to melee attacks, and will be accompanied by a couple of pets. The Tenebris has werewolves as pets, so it seems a good idea for the Wolfman may request assistance from the Tenebris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RS2HoK0odE (video taken before Guts release)

I be able to start at the latest in two weeks.  ;)

Xercules

Re: The WolfMan
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 01:36:00 PM »

Yes, as I said before, This seems like a cool idea! It reminds me of the old D2 Druid. Like a updated version! I always liked the turn to a werewolf skill.

Hellforger

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:02:36 AM »
wow! Another class! You are awesome Actkqk!

Best of luck to you mate! I totally love your Tebebris, so I'm kind of assured your Wolfman would be also very fun to play!

Niraht2

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:07:50 AM »
I shall look forward to the Wolfman / Wolflady (hopefully you will have a female form too.)

I miss my Worgen on World of Warcraft.

Actkqk

• Tenebris Developer
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:00:45 PM »
Ok, let's begin. I try a different beginning from the one I had with the Tenebris. This time I will let most skills at level 1 instead of make them to the maximum level from the beginning. The Tenebris continue with some update but not as often (I need new icons  :'().

::)

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 03:32:38 AM »
Holy balls.

I'd love to tear through those class files and find out how you did that, 'that' being making the player a freaking werewolf.

Although, does it have basic attacks? Or is that just ability casts? I couldn't tell from the video.

Actkqk

• Tenebris Developer
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 04:42:44 PM »
Not have auto-attack. I mean it does have, but being unarmed. By equipping any weapon, the auto-attack no longer work, so you must defend yourself only with skills. The solution is to have skills with little mana cost...
And wearing a werewolf or any other monster instead of normal characters is not difficult. The tricky thing is to do something interesting with few animations and limitations of "Lobito".

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 04:37:15 AM »
Huh. So does that include Claw weapons? Do they work?

Actkqk

• Tenebris Developer
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »
Huh. So does that include Claw weapons? Do they work?

That includes them... But there is no problem. In fact I'm seriously considering to invent some method to prevent display weapons equipped. Maybe reduce the scale to 0 suffice. Even I do not try and I'm not entirely sure if do this or not. The point is that I made ​​two skills and I have come to think that the wolf looks much better attacking unarmed  :P

Actkqk

• Tenebris Developer
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 10:57:24 PM »
Ok.
First video with current real progress. Showing the first 3 skills completed. Obviously, later, must be adjusted damage and times.
I have a weapon equipped, but not shown because I've finally decided to leave shields and weapons scale to zero. So it looks better, believe me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMrw8lYQmzc

Comments, ideas?

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »
The rocksmash-cone ability looks a little overpowered, but I love the AOE claw attack.

And did that leap just travel two screen-widths?

Actkqk

• Tenebris Developer
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 11:56:10 PM »
The rocksmash-cone ability looks a little overpowered...

...must be adjusted damage and times.

:P

You're looking at what probably I'll leave it as level 15 of the skill. Do not start so powerful. Maybe two cracks, and with each TIER will be added more.

As the creator of another class you should know that the first thing you do is not the definitive xD

Do not be confused, you guys are seeing only the base (pre alpha) and not the definitive.

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 01:12:29 AM »
Right. Missed that 'must adjust damage and times' comment.

Actkqk

• Tenebris Developer
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 03:32:05 AM »
The Wolfman Pre Alpha 1.2

Now the damage is correct. Fixed the leap. Created 2 new skills, another melee and one magical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRDK-D7yDQI

What can I say?... It's very good. I delayed a huge amount to create the last 2 skills because I was entertained with the wolf, playing. In the future I should remedy that or I'm going to take months to complete the skills  :-[

Hellforger

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 03:45:24 AM »
hah! That was actually quite a fun video! I'm sooo looking forward to the release version :3