Author Topic: Berserker static damage spells, and autoattack  (Read 3614 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Berserker static damage spells, and autoattack
« on: April 24, 2013, 10:24:50 PM »
OBVIOUSLY like the other classes the berserker needs a tweak on its static damage spells (are there any), and a consideration on how its autoattack works in this enviroment...

or even its melee skills, should they be able to steal life for instance, is the shadowrush (health rush whatever its called) to OP could it be lessoned and another form of life gain be looked at?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

jhale230

• Berlynn - Lvl 100 Berserker / Selena - Necromancer
Re: Berserker static damage spells, and autoattack
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 11:37:15 PM »
please don't change shadowrush, it is honestly the one move i am happy with as a berserker lol
Runic/steam: jhale230
Add me so we can play :D

Dongaldo

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 02:14:44 AM »
Maybe the Rage Retaliation skill. Its the you hit me i return X damage to you passive. Its flat damage worked great thru leveling and is now worthless. I think that was the only flat damage ability I used. Everything else is/was % weapon damage. LOVE the storm hatchet.

I don't think spirit rush is OP. I like it, but actually find it risky to use in some DK boss fights. I don't know how many times I've used it while fighting a dragon only to get stuck against a wall with a dragon blocking all escape and breathing fire upon me.

Dongaldo

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »
I just noticed that rage retaliation scales on weapon DPS!! Awesome! Thanks!!

Seikusa

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »
I would like a skill to avoid damage, i get so much damage that its impossible to survive as dual wield berserk on any difficulty above normal, if its not a normal mob.
2% of damage dealt given as a shield with maybe 0,25% per level?

Bue

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 05:05:01 PM »
What gear are you using for your berserker?  I leveled mine in elite, and while she struggled sometimes in the process, I was always able to address it by adjusting her gear.   I have to admit that she is the most challenging for me to play in the endgame, and I have to pay very close attention when fighting tougher mobs to avoid getting her killed.  She's still my favourite, though, and the character I use when farming for Tier 0 sets and other items in the endgame, and to try out the boss fights when Salan introduces or adjusts them (probably cackling in glee while he creates them -- some of those fights are brutal!).

Regards,
Bue

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 07:23:54 PM »
My two-handed zerker survives by pure health regen - Blood Hunger and Shadow Burst. A point in the armoursteal passive and points in Frenzy Mastery means I can usually tank the damage fairly effectively with smart SB usage and laying on the crits when I can.

Bue

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 08:32:28 PM »
I use Shadow Burst and Blood Hunger as well, but I simply don't have the reflexes to survive on those alone in the endgame at least, so I do adjust my gear to compensate for my lack of dexterity.  While leveling, I upped the defense on my gear when I found myself having to burst too much because Blood Hunger wasn't enough to keep me alive while I got a few hits in -- dash in, splat, repeat, repeat ... ok, fix the gear, lol.

Regards,
Bue

Seikusa

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 02:52:41 PM »
I am not having problems getting my life back but getting to much damage in a short amount of time (mostly autoattacks) to regen it back up with pots and skills.
my berserker:
http://torchlight2armory.com/skill-calc?i=1#mgSjElD1Nc_FcOmiTZfjGh_O

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »
obviously the items are from Synergies right?  few things you COULD do if you want more survivability would be to socket some DR gems or enchant some stats.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**