Author Topic: Nethermancer mod  (Read 4301 times)

Mari-Kari

Nethermancer mod
« on: August 04, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
Heyo,
Was just wondering if anyone else has messed around with playing the Nethermancer with Synergies. It seems doable, but I am only level 5, so I'm not sure if end game it just gets ridiculous and unplayable or not.

ytdulu

• Synergies Focus Group
Re: Nethermancer mod
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »
If mod author doesn`t clarify that its compatible/balanced with synergy mod, its probably not balanced and should be avoided.
Synergies elite hardcore progress: defeated all bosses up to tier 0,5.

Eno37

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 04:44:19 PM »
hmm wow thats a negative overreaction. The nethermancer is a great mod, and still be working on by its maker. I'd call it a more visually interesting version of the necromancer. The spell graphics are great, especially the giant impaling tenticle! There are  def some overpowered passive spells and the charge bar gives a -33% to all damage which I dont like...but I hope it get finished because there are some really fun and interesting skills.

dont avoid it..be a contribute to the testing..
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:46:16 PM by Eno37 »

Mari-Kari

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 05:02:37 PM »
Thanks Eno, I have every intention of continuing to play around with it and was curious if anyone else had with Synergies. I'll be sure to let you all know my over all feelings on it though as I progress through the levels with her.

Haette

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 10:00:19 PM »
dont avoid it..be a contribute to the testing..

This guy's got the right idea, let me know what you think :D

I tend to keep to myself too much, so it's easy to lose track of balance. Outside input is always nice.

Eno37

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 12:47:41 PM »
As I said I love the class..lots of interesting creative skills..however many of the passives are too strong and stacked together the combo of an always on -33% to all incoming damage from change, a self regen 20% of HP damage absorb shield, and the - all damage from festering aura make the invurnerable to regular monsters. Then youve got he +dodge in there too..this class gets really hard to kill with only a few points invested. I'd just get rid of -all damage in the charge bar and maybe the festering aura all damage reduction as that skill already has quite a bit going for it.  Black Icor is also too strong defensively..100% chance of blindness on hit and the powerful poison..all for 1 point?

Damage output wise I feel the tenticle attacks, which are awesome! need a bit of a nerf..either up the mana cost quite a bit or cut the %dps to 50-60 at the start. Also can you slow down the animations a bit?  Tentacle lash is so fast I cant tell what it is. I'd suggest a rework for animus Blast...its like a weak miasma and looks really similar too. Yuo seem to animus before you get any long term pets heh. I'd use maybe one of the Outlander debuff spells as a grpahic like blade or stone aura.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:53:08 PM by Eno37 »

Haette

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 01:45:31 PM »
I'm still fiddling with the charge damage reduction, it may go back down to 25% but it's not going away. Nethermancers don't have any built-in damage reduction like Berserkers and Engineers do, so that charge bonus is there to let them survive as a melee fighter if they want to. Also don't forget that the damage reduction comes at the price of your mana costs. The dodge bonus on top of that may be too much, I'm still trying to find a good job for that passive.

Tentacle Lash and Impale have already gone up in cost since that last update. They're supposed to be cheaper than most spells, but that last change was definitely overkill. I'm liking their power level right now, so I'll do the cost change now before messing with their damage.

Festering Aura only works on enemies that are already poisoned, burning, etc. The reduced armor and damage only works on enemies that are already poisoned. I think I need to rewrite that tooltip. But even so, believe me I'm still keeping an eye on it because it's by far the strongest part of that skill, that stupid damage reduction has been directing where that whole skill goes.

The spell graphics... I'm not going to promise anything, but seeing as I'm kind of a perfectionist with my particle effects, it'll probably happen at some point  ::)

Mari-Kari

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »
I am loving it so far. I have to say early on, it's one hell of a learning curve, I have died a good bit in the first 10 levels, but now that I figured out how to use the flesh skills I am doing much better, although still in the situation of having to run away in there are a lot of mobs. If I can get them to line up in a nice fashion though, impale is just godly!

I can't say that I think the health shield is op, I can only imagine how playing on anything higher than normal would be without it. I agree with the tone down of the damage reduction on the charge bar just a tad though, at level 18 it doesn't make me invincible but I could see how it could.

I was also wondering, are the 4th skills in the first and last tree not actually there or is my stuff fudged?

Haette

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 01:18:33 PM »
I am loving it so far. I have to say early on, it's one hell of a learning curve, I have died a good bit in the first 10 levels, but now that I figured out how to use the flesh skills I am doing much better, although still in the situation of having to run away in there are a lot of mobs. If I can get them to line up in a nice fashion though, impale is just godly!

I can't say that I think the health shield is op, I can only imagine how playing on anything higher than normal would be without it. I agree with the tone down of the damage reduction on the charge bar just a tad though, at level 18 it doesn't make me invincible but I could see how it could.

I was also wondering, are the 4th skills in the first and last tree not actually there or is my stuff fudged?

Those are just empty skill slots. It's not a bug, but it's not going to stay that way.

And yeah, I understand the learning curve thing. This is basically Double-Edged Mechanics: The Class, so it's never going to be quite as simple as the vanilla classes. Still, always nice to hear someone enjoys it!

Eno37

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 09:28:51 PM »
Still playing this mod..its really a fun character. I roleplay a female char and the tentacles come from..well guess :). I've found the pustule to be really OP so I avoid that spell..lots of the eldrich skill are neat looking but not really effective.  Void Barage is too slow..I love helix but there are better things to cast. I love miasa, the corpse bomb and animaus is really fun as a pet heal...the flesh heal seems OP..one point is a full heal plus HP buff I really never lose. I dont think the negatives of high insanity are strong enough..i sorta just ignore the charge unless I need stronger spells. Jagged bones is too strong...and I like to see more of a buildup in Jagged, impale and festering aura power per point..tey start out so strong. i'm not using warp shield or black icor for fear of being OP...at the moment I only feel threated by multiple hero monsters.

I'd love to see this mod intergrated with Synergies..it has a lot in common with the necro but is much more active and has better gfx. Would it be possible to open up more charecter hair/color options for the Nethermancer?