Author Topic: Shadowling Brute doesn't scale up well?  (Read 4575 times)

Hoborific

• Synergies Focus Group
Shadowling Brute doesn't scale up well?
« on: September 09, 2013, 12:30:17 PM »
So I've been playing my Outlander more, and I've noticed the Shadowling brute isn't scaling very well damage wise compared to previous levels though the asterisk indicates that it scales with my level, it does, but the mobs seem to be gaining exceedingly larger health pools in comparison to the damage, I haven't gotten close to "cap" or endgame so I don't know if it has been corrected down the line but here is my feedback anyway.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:53:27 PM by Hoborific »
Hello.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Netherling Brute doesn't scale up well?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
ya its one of those skills that is based on a static number and then altered.. will have to look at all those skills.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Craftea

• Synergies Focus Group
Re: Shadowling Brute doesn't scale up well?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:49:44 AM »
There are some Outlander skills that support a summoner build, although you can't really play a strict Outlander summoner because the Outlander summons are mostly summon on kill (Bane Breath, and Shadowling Ammo), and the summons themselves aren't all that spectacular.

It could be a viable summoner class, if various skills were brought back from obscurity (like Shadowling Ammo, Bane Breath, Death Pact for starters).

Shadowling Brute is one of the more decent summon skills, even if it falls off rapidly in Synergies.

The only problem I see with it, is that it lacks utility. That is, it is completely worthless outside of a summoner build, atm.

Hoborific

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 09:20:27 AM »
I just use the shadowling passive to buff my brute, I don't even bother with ammo, I've never noticed a difference. yet~

I do however believe the brute is quite viable on his own, before level 50 he was doing maybe 10% of my DPS and occasionally would clean up trash while I managed to DoT everything that was moving, with the passive I can spawn him as he dies so I've worked it into a lot of my builds where I've had the spare skill points, if the brute hit harder or worked off a %, I could justify the 20 or so skillpoints I had to spend to get the brute to be always summoned, and now the DPS is dropping quite drastically and the brute doesn't take agro over my DoTs I will have to take it out of my build for a while as I get higher and higher, sad because to be frank, It looks fucking amazing to have him running around punching things while I kite.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:23:04 AM by Hoborific »
Hello.

ytdulu

• Synergies Focus Group
Re: Netherling Brute doesn't scale up well?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 12:11:34 PM »
ya its one of those skills that is based on a static number and then altered.. will have to look at all those skills.

Indeed. Some skills need buffs other nerfs for vanilla classes in synergy mod, especially then we got 150 skill points.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:13:57 PM by ytdulu »
Synergies elite hardcore progress: defeated all bosses up to tier 0,5.

Craftea

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »
IIRC, the only skill that has been nerfed (for vanilla classes) to date has only been Shotgun Mastery, but only because Blind stacking reduces the game to holding down buttons. (I don't think anything else is near that level of brokenness besides Chaos Burst + Spell Procs, which has already been nerfed as well)

Most of the vanilla skills are underpowered, and are pretty much irrelevant in Synergies. Brute and Pact included, in my opinion.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 12:39:52 PM »
huh ... maybe I should play the base classes again, and test them from my own perspective and light a fire under my but to update them if they are..
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

ytdulu

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 03:13:51 PM »
huh ... maybe I should play the base classes again, and test them from my own perspective and light a fire under my but to update them if they are..
If you gona test, pay more attention to these skills:

Berserker - Ravage*, Iceshield*
Embermage - Firebombs, Elemental Boom, Astral Ally, Frost Wave*, Arc Beam, Death's Bounty, Shocking Burst
Engineer - Emberquake*, Ember Hammer, Ember Reach, Fussilade, Bulwark, Forcefield*
Outlander - Vortex Hex, Venomous Hail*, Chaos Burst*, Glaive Throw*,  Sandstorm, Shadowling Brute, Shadowling Ammo, Death Ritual, Bane Breath

*Should be nerfer/fixed.
Other skills need 'buff'.
Synergies elite hardcore progress: defeated all bosses up to tier 0,5.

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 05:43:08 PM »
If you gona test, pay more attention to these skills:

Berserker - Ravage*, Iceshield*, Banner (Mana Bug if it hasn't been fixed)*, Stormclaw
Embermage - Firebombs, Elemental Boom, Astral Ally, Frost Wave*, Arc Beam, Death's Bounty, Shocking Burst
Engineer - Emberquake*, Ember Hammer, Ember Reach, Fussilade, Bulwark, Forcefield*, AoFate, Overload, Shock Grenades
Outlander - Vortex Hex, Venomous Hail*, Chaos Burst*, Glaive Throw* (there was a -20% DMG reduction nerf somewhere along the line),  Sandstorm, Shadowling Brute, Shadowling Ammo, Death Ritual, Bane Breath

*Should be nerfer/fixed.
Other skills need 'buff'.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:55:31 PM by BlooDLotuS »