Author Topic: Synergies MERCENARIES returning..  (Read 13355 times)

MFS88

• Edge Master
  • Art Developer
Re: Synergies MERCENARIES returning..
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2013, 12:30:19 PM »
Oh ho.. Dev team is now in the Mercenaries list ;D

Synaphix

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2013, 07:30:15 PM »
the rest of Tier0 armor

Players represented:

Synaphix
Ytdulu
DeathGuard
Senteliks
Arixal
Babbegibs
Supaty
Tsuelue
ReliableAcorn
RaymondLi
Potterman
Freykin

Woot :D

Lordofgore

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2013, 11:59:35 PM »
its not capitalized in the files... but its ok I can do it if you want ;)

Raymondli i will make a full documentation of who they are before I release it kk
All right. Now i speak the language of the Lolcats "NOES CAPSITALEZ PLESE." k thanks .

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 03:59:13 AM »
I am going to have some awesome details for what I am planning on how you will obtain mercenaries, very very soon
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 04:16:36 AM »
I will be making more mercenaries.. so far I pick people who have been active on the forums mostly.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

roks

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 06:13:15 AM »
In 1972 , a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem...if no one else can help...and if you can find them...maybe you can hire...The A- Team.

(Team Madness...Roks Madness)

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 04:50:48 PM »
Nice to se the return of Mercenaries. The dev ones have some crazy awesome looks to them ^^
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Skeever

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »
These are pictures of the old mercenaries that will be returning, these are tier1 armor / weapon sets (some lower tier weapons) and named after people who were active in the community back during version 1 of the mod..

^^
Short300
Yieryal
Skitl
Psypher
StrUkt0
Sparrownutz
Quake
Killerrob
Monstermash
scubbaSteve
mindwork
Bananagrams
dreams
Taran

^^^
Roks - 2 reversed Wak's
JoeChip - 2 forward facing wak's
WhiteSparrow - 1 reversed wak, 1 katana
HughManatee - 2 kunai
Grinder - 2 forward Ninjato's
Xercules -Nodachi
Miothan - Reversed Tanto and Wak
LordofGORE - 1 forward facing wak, 1 katana

^^^
Synaphix
Ytdulu
DeathGuard
Senteliks
Arixal
Babbegibs
Supaty
Tsuelue
ReliableAcorn
RaymondLi
Potterman
Freykin

^^^
The Devs Mercs... Oo

Salan
Ghostblade
MFS88
Stormchaser
(will make more of dev mercs when I get appropriate armor)

^^^^
Celindari
Bloodlotus
Valdir
Atcqk

I will be expanding this to a full list of tier0 and tier0.5 mercenaries now that I got it all working again!   a list of names will come soon.

Can't wait for this to come back out, I never got to experience it the first time around but I tend to play by myself a lot so a mercenary system would be quite nice for more challenging content. Also I don't know if it would interest you but I'm looking into making a few mods myself that might be beneficial for a lot of custom maps and dungeons, it's more of a resource than an actual mod. I am looking into editing weather effects and environmental effects to add atmosphere for themed maps and dungeons, I know torchlight will never be completely immersive but my own tastes in games, even modern action rpgs makes me want to see more depth in atmosphere for the sake of eye candy. I am also researching what I'd need to do to make a script extender or asi loader function with the game engine and not get people in trouble online to make it possible to add custome story lines with voice acting and integrate community classes more into the core game without them having to be modeled over vanilla classes to utilize certain features but it's ambitious and probably not going to happen any time soon. But custom scripts would really change things for the mod community since the engine makes it nearly impossible to add certain types of tables and limits more ambitious mod projects. The games community is dying out and runic hasn't been listening to what modders and players want to see happen so I am trying to help out but having to learn a lot in what i intend to do, having no real programming experience makes it take much more time than it should. Once I see if it would even be worth it to attempt this i will probably be posting around the web to see if people want to put in a community effort to expand the capabilities of the engine for mod makers and breath new life into an otherwise great game.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 04:52:38 PM »
keep me updated skeever!

fotosintesis

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2013, 01:22:43 AM »
Salan, u've really bring a new life unto the game.. :'(

Can't wait for this to come back out, I never got to experience it the first time around but I tend to play by myself a lot so a mercenary system would be quite nice for more challenging content. Also I don't know if it would interest you but I'm looking into making a few mods myself that might be beneficial for a lot of custom maps and dungeons, it's more of a resource than an actual mod. I am looking into editing weather effects and environmental effects to add atmosphere for themed maps and dungeons, I know torchlight will never be completely immersive but my own tastes in games, even modern action rpgs makes me want to see more depth in atmosphere for the sake of eye candy. I am also researching what I'd need to do to make a script extender or asi loader function with the game engine and not get people in trouble online to make it possible to add custome story lines with voice acting and integrate community classes more into the core game without them having to be modeled over vanilla classes to utilize certain features but it's ambitious and probably not going to happen any time soon. But custom scripts would really change things for the mod community since the engine makes it nearly impossible to add certain types of tables and limits more ambitious mod projects. The games community is dying out and runic hasn't been listening to what modders and players want to see happen so I am trying to help out but having to learn a lot in what i intend to do, having no real programming experience makes it take much more time than it should. Once I see if it would even be worth it to attempt this i will probably be posting around the web to see if people want to put in a community effort to expand the capabilities of the engine for mod makers and breath new life into an otherwise great game.

what an ambituous person u are..make it possible!! ;D
 a person like urs has proved to brought a HUGE LEAP within hisstory

why not, look for several example/partner within nexusmod site...FYI, they live in same shoes as urs in past

Woogush

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2013, 08:30:27 AM »
Gonna be jelly of my mercs armor for a while  ;)

AbbyFox

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2013, 07:16:13 PM »
These are awsome :D i have a scroll but waiting for the right time (have to feel it :) )

MixedVariety

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2013, 11:25:15 AM »
Have no idea what these mercenaries even are, but I'm down widdit.

Xercules

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2013, 02:37:24 PM »

I love the idea of mercs! I did enjoy kiltners pre-guts merc scrolls that dropped from boss works. I would use them for new chars and such. Maybe trash merc scrolls for us who liked that idea could be done for us. Like weaker mercs we could use through the regular game? I enjoyed this a lot:)

Skeever

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2013, 10:06:46 AM »
Salan, u've really bring a new life unto the game.. :'(

what an ambituous person u are..make it possible!! ;D
 a person like urs has proved to brought a HUGE LEAP within hisstory

why not, look for several example/partner within nexusmod site...FYI, they live in same shoes as urs in past

Thanks for the vote of confidence friend. I'm still looking into stuff but I don't want to get too many people on board until I am ready to actually start working on it. I am still exploring what I can do to make it a bit easier to expand on the engine its self a great deal since I am not a programmer, yet at least. I am pretty sure the game engine will need to be modded so this will be a project I work on while I am taking programming classes in college so it's best that I don't get a lot of people interested in it till I actually have something I can present to them besides ambition and a couple ideas. I definitely plan to put a lot of effort into modding torchlight though, the last game I enjoyed this much was Diablo and Diablo 2 when I was going through junior high and highschool so it'll at least be worth it to me to add some sort of contribution for the modding community to benefit from.