Author Topic: SYNERGIES V1.37A HARDCORE DARKNESS FALLS CRAWL!!!!!  (Read 7942 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: SYNERGIES V1.37A HARDCORE DARKNESS FALLS CRAWL!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 02:43:46 PM »
my wife doesn't mind me modding, but she HATES ventrillo (VOIP) with a passion.. I had to warn her I was doing this event because of that fact alone..  I am ... restricted from being on it a lot :(
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »
WE ARE GOING TO USE MUMBLE,

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE:   

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

windows 1.2.3a is what i downloaded

when installing it said it needed to close some of my AVG files, i just chose to reboot later, and let it install without closing them. (couldn't close them for some reason lol)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:56:34 PM by Salan »
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Grinder

• Yes, I die a lot
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »
I plan on utility classes like a priest for sure.

BUT the problem with ARPGs over MMOs is it needs to be built around Solo play.  Every class needs to be self contained as multiplayer isn't the main feature, sadly.

I still need to find out how to force 'taunt' monsters .. thats a big one

Well, I would think that most of the skills could work for either or.  Buffs and debuffs stuff like that.  Skills that work well solo, can also work well in groups.

Auras could work maybe too.  Take for instance immolation.  I don't know if it's hard coded or not, but maybe you could expand it's sphere of influence to cover a group.

Just an idea.  I'm just tossing stuff out in case something sparks an idea on your part.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”– Benjamin Franklin

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »
lets keep THIS topic on topic, glad to talk about this, but maybe start a new thread in general?

Grinder

• Yes, I die a lot
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »
No problem.

I do have to work, but unless they keep us late, I should be home in plenty of time to make the run.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”– Benjamin Franklin

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 04:18:48 PM »
your more then welcome to join later (without teh chance of being last man standing of course )

Grinder

• Yes, I die a lot
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 04:22:49 PM »
Or the first to die either.

Lordofgore

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »
Well Salan i cant make it tonight i don't think either that or ill be joining horrendously late, have Family stuff and Calculus Home Work on my list of priorities before this.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 08:07:04 PM »
feel free to pop in mumble when you can then :P

bananagrams

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
Count me in!  I might be a 5-10 minutes late, but in time to start gearing my character.

I made my char, leveled to 50, put stats and skills in as well as 1 mil gold.  Just need to DL mumble (i won't be able to talk, GF will be sleeping) and then buy gear once I'm in the game.

Curious though, if someone buys gear in multiplayer does that remove that item for everyone else?  If so, not everyone will be able to buy shields, rings, and ammys most likeley.  Hopefully that isn't the case...

MFS88

• Edge Master
  • Art Developer
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 08:41:47 PM »
Was hoping to join you guys.. :D but duty calls haha, I'll be waiting for the video ,D

Quake

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 09:01:14 PM »
Count me in!  I might be a 5-10 minutes late, but in time to start gearing my character.

I made my char, leveled to 50, put stats and skills in as well as 1 mil gold.  Just need to DL mumble (i won't be able to talk, GF will be sleeping) and then buy gear once I'm in the game.

Curious though, if someone buys gear in multiplayer does that remove that item for everyone else?  If so, not everyone will be able to buy shields, rings, and ammys most likeley.  Hopefully that isn't the case...

I asked a couple people in mumble and they confirmed that like drops from mobs are individual specific, so are items from vendors.

Taran

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 11:46:31 PM »
Well i died pretty quick once we hit Fairy Queen. The fire Storm caught me. Funny thing is i have a lvl 42 Glaivelander i would have loved to take there...75% chance to dodge 54% chance to block...and hits harder then my hacked character did lmao. Oh well.
Do not bother naming anything after me...its all good.
Well i got bed....we need to do this again on a weekend when i got more time!!!
Post up how it went.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:15:04 AM by Taran »
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera