Author Topic: DF CRAWL.. the results!  (Read 6302 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
DF CRAWL.. the results!
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:42:17 AM »
Two teams.

Salan  <Necromancer>
Surrealsage <Necromancer>
Taran <outlander>
CupQuake <Engineer>
Celindari  <Outlander>

FluffyDough <Necromancer>
Arixal <Necromancer>
DeathGuard <Necromancer>
Grinder <Embermage>
Bananagrams <Berserker>

both teams entered the Fairyqueens lair at the same time.

team 2 hit disaster fast FluffyDough Died almost instantly, thinking he could tank the flames... and bananagrams followed almost a second later!
Team 1 lost Taran about half way through the fight

Team 2 then suddenly Grinder dies on the first fight
Team 1 at the very very last second as the boss was dieing, celindari was bone caged, trapped... and killed.  There is no proof I did it.

So ...Arixal joins the survivors of team 1
all the defeated rez their characters.

Salan
Surrealsage
Arixal
CupQuake

and those whove died in a second group go on to fight the werewolfs.

Survivors kill the werewolves without losing anyone.
Grinder dies on the defeated teams attempt.

Cupquake has an emergency and had to leave,sadly removing him from the race to be the true survivor!
Grinder resurrects himself again

both teams enter the devils dungeon.
The defeated team was wiped out by the devil almost instantly, all of them, celindari surviving the longest.

the surviving team fought long, surrealsage died first...  then in a total cluster of craziness salan teleported AND THEN bone caged... on himself!!   While being chased by 6 devil minions.... being unable to run, unabe to teleport and not using a shield... he died, hillariously.

Arixal survived for a few more minutes but teleported himself on top of the devil minions instead of his own.  He gains the title of LAST 'SURVIVOR'..!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:46:03 AM by Salan »
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

MFS88

• Edge Master
  • Art Developer
Re: DF CRAWL.. the results!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 12:47:18 AM »
any videos?.. :D

Arixal

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:51:57 AM »
The one thing I noticed when deciding on which character to use is that the necromancer is by far the tankiest character. Innate 25% DR + 10% from 15/15 bone armor, stacked with the rest of bone armor's benefits. As well as tons of distractions in the form of pets and a teleport. Engineer has a stronger shield, but it's not nearly as useful with zero charge.

Also, I can't see much of a reason to level skull barrage past level 1. Its damage goes down from 60% at level 1 to 46% at level 15 while it's mana goes up, making it hard to convince myself the utility of the tier bonuses are really worth it, especially when they get overshadowed by other skills.

DeathGuard

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 12:54:03 AM »
lol we the defeated group didnt exactly stick together and fight the devil boss. Fluffy attacked first and died right before i could get there, when i was jumped by him and a dozen minions where i died in two hits. Then celindari tried and died all while grinder didnt even go through the portal yet haha

Edit: even though skull barrage's dmg goes down you get more missiles. I had mine maxed and i never ran out of mana unlike bone needles.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:55:54 AM by DeathGuard »

Grinder

• Yes, I die a lot
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 12:55:18 AM »
lol we the defeated group didnt exactly stick together and fight the devil boss. Fluffy attacked first and died right before i could get there, when i was jumped by him and a dozen minions where i died in two hits. Then celindari tried and died all while grinder didnt even go through the portal yet haha

On the last one?  I think she was still standing there when I went in the portal.  SOMEBODY was still there when I went through.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”– Benjamin Franklin

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 12:57:23 AM »
haha, funny..  (celindari was the last one in the portal, and she lived the longest as well)

Arixal, the skull barrage adds more skulls almost per pnt.  the thing is at 15 pnts you have 12 skulls, each of which can hit the same target multiple times.  its pretty balanced in its damage output, try it on a test character if your not sure thou

I really enjoyed the event.

I want to do more of these, it raises raid awareness and helps me plan ideas and tweaks.

WHAT I GOT FROM THIS RUN:

-next time we'll use non hardcore characters, and just have a rule, no spawning in the dungeon.  Saves some time, if we want to maintain a fun run and not boot people out because they died.
-I am going to move the devil to the last boss in DF and swap it with the father/son in place 3.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

DeathGuard

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 12:58:00 AM »
It was Celindari then. Was alot of fun and i wouldnt mine doing it again.

bananagrams

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 12:58:43 AM »
thanks for setting that up salan that was a lot of fun.

I'm pretty sure fluffy and I died to the exact same spell, both of us were trying to tank the fairy queen.  His name just popped up first in the chat!  Nothing in there was hurting me so I got a little too confident in my tankiness, lol 

Grinder

• Yes, I die a lot
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 12:59:53 AM »
I think next time I will take out a life insurance policy.
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”– Benjamin Franklin

Crowely

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 01:05:52 AM »
shame, if it wasn't with my dad celebrating his 50th i would've joined yall. sounds like it was a blast.

Arixal

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 01:06:39 AM »
Ah. I wasn't aware. That will certainly tip the scales, adding more skulls.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 01:07:02 AM »
no one will cover you grinder.

I work the next two evenings, and saturdays are probably never a good time for gamers ... but we'll see about doing one sunday or monday or something.  Id love to have events weekly for community and entertainment..

i'll even make surprise dungeons for them if we get in the routine ( i work shift work, so its iffy on timing at times, but we'll see.. it was a hell of a lot of fun)

Grinder

• Yes, I die a lot
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 01:13:03 AM »
Well, I'm up for another try, time permitting.  It takes a little getting used to with all the pets and spell effects going off at the same time.

Practice makes perfect.  I should be great at dying now, so surviving is the next item on the agenda.

DeathGuard

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 01:18:08 AM »
lol im surprised i lasted as long as i did without a single point into bone armor

Taran

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 01:55:04 AM »
HAHa...i woke up cause i had to pee and saw this post lmao. Good job guys. And Salan..i see your evil plan..trapping people with bone cage lmao.
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera