Author Topic: Focus #1 -- The Berserker  (Read 13354 times)

RaymondLi

• Synergies Focus Group
Re: Focus #1 -- The Berserker
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 08:49:09 AM »
Another thing is Ice Shield.
Yes it looks very strong and most case you only need to put 10 pts in.
According to my own test, 100% is not 100% to every monster. It may refer to those below player's level.
i.e. I go to DK hub and use lv 10 Ice shield, and I still get ranged kill sometime. (although very few)
Suggestion on this is not actually nerf this skill too much. Maybe Salan can consider to make a new affixes can somehow ignore reflect like those which can ignore the block.
Ice shield reflection damage can trigger blood hunger, which is not bad but need to be taken into discussion.

Some skills bypass iceshield and its not like 100%, it is 100%. You are permanent immune to ranger attacks and its not enough, they die (pretty fast) by attacking you!

I of course mean the should-be-immune skills.
In vanilla TL2, there is some very weak level difference punishment. Weak but does actually exist.
Like slow and immo resistance, even I get them 100% I was still be immo or slow sometimes.
Anu belore dela'na

RaymondLi

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »
There is a build based on savage rush (SR) and shadow burst (SB) in China. We call it Parkour build.   8)
Although the DPS is low comparing to a lot of other build, this build provides a much safer way to kill boss.
And I think it's not hard to put some other main-stream skill in, since it just need this 2 skill as its core.

SR is high mobility and almost immune to melee and all the ground damage, i.e. a lot of dragon skill, fire ground, traps etc.
In fact if you are operating smooth enough, you can just turn the boss around, make boss do no offense.
Credit here on Chinese player Wingsofslavery. Video link: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTgxMjM3ODMy.html?f=18396154
:)

SB is extremely powerful as a heal skill when it's lv 15 (max 5 target each up to 12% health = 60% hp). 
Anu belore dela'na

RaymondLi

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 10:16:29 AM »
I have no idea why people think wolfpack do low damage.
Maybe due to the old version?
It is low at lv1 0% wdps+ some flat damage, but each lv it gains 5% wdps growing. At lv 15, you do 7 wolves per cast, each 70% wdps, and it can be spammed, with homing and spell/DOT/shred armor/blood hunger triggering. The only weakness is early game way too low and no charge being built.

Anu belore dela'na

dreams

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 12:21:10 PM »
The mechanics of reflect in itself is very limited. Not all range attacks can be reflected and there is no clear rule in what can and what cant. Below is take from runic's forum:

What qualifies as a “missile” for purposes of missile reflect? There are no fixed rules; every projectile needs to be considered sui generis. Some of the most surprising test results are that Deathflingers’ (Sturmbeorn) spears are not “missiles,” but the possessed Guardian who sometimes charges you during the Act I boss fight is a “missile.” Here is a far-from-complete list of projectiles that I happen to consider important:

Can be reflected:
Ratlin Archer’s AoE fire arrow
Ratlin Lobber’s molotov cocktail
All kinds of tornadoes (Mirka Frostbinder, Tuttara Sandweaver, etc.)
Mirka Frostbinder's sigil
All kinds of waves (Frost Elemental, Sand Spectre, Spectral Dragonkin)
All of the Wraith Lord’s projectiles
Venomous Hail/Acid Rain can be reflected... AT YOU. (Think twice before using it on those Ezrohir guys with the reflective shield. You’ll get hit 12 times!)

Can NOT be reflected
Deathcap’s “purple piss of doom”
Varkolyn Hurler’s poison molotov cocktail (rather unexpected since you can reflect the Ratlin Lobber’s molotov cocktail)
Vyrax’s flame breath
Goblin Foreman’s bombs
Everything the Artifacer does
Everything the War Titan does

So the 100% is not as 100% as you think.

dreams

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 12:40:06 PM »
There is a build based on savage rush (SR) and shadow burst (SB) in China. We call it Parkour build.   8)
Although the DPS is low comparing to a lot of other build, this build provides a much safer way to kill boss.
And I think it's not hard to put some other main-stream skill in, since it just need this 2 skill as its core.

SR is high mobility and almost immune to melee and all the ground damage, i.e. a lot of dragon skill, fire ground, traps etc.
In fact if you are operating smooth enough, you can just turn the boss around, make boss do no offense.
Credit here on Chinese player Wingsofslavery. Video link: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTgxMjM3ODMy.html?f=18396154
:)

SB is extremely powerful as a heal skill when it's lv 15 (max 5 target each up to 12% health = 60% hp).

We need more of such crazy builds ;D. This is what makes such games fun. Finding that weird ass build that no one thought possible.

ytdulu

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »
Salan, maby can you replay on wich skills you gonna try to balance and make individual messages for them. So that we can focus more on those skills. I think, we pretty much explored all skills and builds here.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:13:55 PM by ytdulu »
Synergies elite hardcore progress: defeated all bosses up to tier 0,5.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 02:15:39 PM »
yes, I was busy yesterday with the dragon logic, sorry.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »
posted 3, out of time, will post more later
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 07:41:27 PM »
I think the first few have gone well, I will start looking at the next set for berserker

Ice shield and shatter will both be updated in the next patch, still considering frenzy.

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 04:33:28 PM »
Rampage (should really work with ranged weapons too and some skills to a lesser extent)
+X duration per level
X% chance of proccing on crits

Rage Retaliation
*small* aoe damage

Red Wolf
35-50% of the times it procs, ACTUAL red wolves (red versions of the summon) are manifested to attack enemies. (We don't want wolves flying all over the place though)
Duration = Y or until they hit an enemy
Limit of 2 at a time obviously
(Was SO dissapointed when I first grabbed this skill thinking actual Wolves were going to appear)

Stormclaw
35% chance when using ranged weapons

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 04:41:50 PM »
procs are all or nothing

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »
Daymn, even the Stormclaw one? (This one surely must be able))

Ok, how about actual Red Wolves every X seconds as a sepperate mechanic to the skill?

Maybe as a Tier bonus?

Also, that's something I've been wondering, shouldn't all passives get Tier bonuses too?

That would also be a great way to buff weaker skills and rewards you for investing 5/10/15 pnts.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 11:33:46 PM »
stormclaw isn't really a proc thou

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 11:54:35 PM »
what other skills can we 'improve' that has fallen behind.  done a few nerfs, time to throw a bone for something thats not working up to par.

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 05:34:52 AM »
what other skills can we 'improve' that has fallen behind.  done a few nerfs, time to throw a bone for something thats not working up to par.

Just meant Stormclaw has a 50% chance to cast, proccing in the broader sense.

Since the Berserker is only one currently in Focus:
(I'd open a few more topics here, for other characters too even you'll be getting to them later, but don't want to cause annoyance)

• Rage Retaliation, Stormclaw, Rampage as mentioned by many.

• Shadowbind (unless it was fixed/updated/I'm missing something), its tooltip is all wrong, it only tranfers %WDPS, not damage your target suffers

Can't help myself:

Embermage:
Prismatic Rift
Elemental Attunement
Charge Mastery
Magma Mace

Outlander:
Shadowling Ammo
Bane Breath (I love, but iz weak)
Long Range Mastery
Akimbo
Vortex Hex, perhaps even Repulsion Hex
Blade Pact (compared to Howl is ridiculously weak)

Engineer:
Shock Grenades
Charge Domination
Sword n Board
Ember Hammer
Ember Reach
Bulwark
Stormburst
CdG

Then there's thematic and creativity changes also...
Like poison that should be removed from Embermage completely
My personal aspiration would be to have 2 'prismatic' skills per Embermage tree.
And the Outlander has potential of being split into 3, even 4 classes; Gunslinger, Hunter (Poison, Bows/Crossbows), Ninja/Assassin/Melee/Glaive user, Witchdoctor (Shadow/purple skills)
The latter about the Outlander might get heavy resistance however.