Author Topic: Focus #1 -- The Berserker  (Read 13353 times)

Craftea

• Synergies Focus Group
Re: Focus #1 -- The Berserker
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 05:44:40 AM »
My personal issue with Rampage is that the boost doesn't scale. The only chance to proc (and duration, I think) does. Additionally, I believe it is quite useless in certain boss fights (like.... the ones that don't spawn minions, or rarely spawn them).

On kill procs are always a bit iffy to me. (because of the boss fight issue)

Rage Retaliation has 0 CD (i.e. always counters) at Level 15.

I think Rage Retaliation is weak because +HP/lifesteal/heal aren't as strong, so Rage Retaliation becomes weaker due to characters being unable to tank heavy damage due to those affixes not being up to mark.

That being said, I feel Rage Retaliation shouldn't be restricted to being a melee range counter, and that most builds either get ignore it, or get Lv1, or Lv15. I think it should be tweaked in a way to give people the flexibility to invest some points in it. At the moment I don't think the in between levels are justified enough to invest points into them.

The other classes will have their time, I think the current pace of discussion is good.

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2013, 06:08:50 AM »
Rampage fix: make it proc on hit instead of on kill.

The reason it doesn't have scaling speeds is because, I believe, you would need to give it a new triggerable for each rank. That's a fair amount of work. Perfectly doable, but pretty tedious.

The other classes will have their time, I think the current pace of discussion is good.

Agreed. As tempting as it is to open up discussions for everything at once, focusing on a few key skills of one class is, I think, a good way to go about this.

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 10:43:20 AM »
My personal issue with Rampage is that the boost doesn't scale. The only chance to proc (and duration, I think) does. Additionally, I believe it is quite useless in certain boss fights (like.... the ones that don't spawn minions, or rarely spawn them).
Yeah, kill skills are lame.  And Rampage only gains proc chance per rank, no duration increase.

I think Rage Retaliation is weak because +HP/lifesteal/heal aren't as strong, so Rage Retaliation becomes weaker due to characters being unable to tank heavy damage due to those affixes not being up to mark.

That being said, I feel Rage Retaliation shouldn't be restricted to being a melee range counterIce Shield is for ranged attacks?, and that most builds either get ignore it, or get Lv1, or Lv15. I think it should be tweaked in a way to give people the flexibility to invest some points in it. At the moment I don't think the in between levels are justified enough to invest points into them.
yeah, takes too damn long to reach that 0s cooldown, and even then it's cool, but not practical since you don't want to get hit in the first place.

Has anyone of you guys found a use for Chain Snare and Shadow Bind?

In theory, I was thinking, Savage Rush in, Snare, Ravage/Northen Rage.

RaymondLi

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2013, 11:27:33 AM »

Rupture,chain snare, bind then ravage w/ spell trigger
Anu belore dela'na

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »

Snare only works with normal attacks, doesn't it?

RaymondLi

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »

No I already said for a high Focus build using Rupture. Stand in the center of the mobs, howl and snare them close, then use rupture and shadow burst. You don't know about how rupture works? The damage of the snare is not that important. Since you pull mobs closer to you, it's better to have a weapon with poison damage or acid rain to decrease their damage. Nothing else.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:36:14 PM by RaymondLi »
Anu belore dela'na

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 10:34:40 PM »

not every skill needs to be good at everything thou.  Its not important to make it 'usable in all boss fights' or make another skill 'not usable in all boss fights'.  The skill has a design focus we'll focus on that first. 

I have always had more resistance to this issue then most.  Boss fights only take up a portion of the game and in MOST boss fights, they have things dieing.  But yes, it does devalue the skill when there isn't much else going on beyond you and a big boss that doesn't die often.

That being said, I feel Rage Retaliation shouldn't be restricted to being a melee range counter, and that most builds either get ignore it, or get Lv1, or Lv15. I think it should be tweaked in a way to give people the flexibility to invest some points in it. At the moment I don't think the in between levels are justified enough to invest points into them.

We'll talk about rage retaliation next and get the low down on it.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2013, 10:42:32 PM »
is there really any reason to start a topic on stormclaw?  I loved stormclaw on my autoattacker... whats wrong with it?

--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2013, 10:44:55 PM »
I don't think there are any other berserker skills we need to look at, at the moment is there?

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2013, 04:05:23 AM »

No I already said for a high Focus build using Rupture. Stand in the center of the mobs, howl and snare them close, then use rupture and shadow burst. You don't know about how rupture works? The damage of the snare is not that important. Since you pull mobs closer to you, it's better to have a weapon with poison damage or acid rain to decrease their damage. Nothing else.

I know how Snare works, I mistakenly put Snare, meant Bind
Shadow Bind doesn't work with anything except normal attacks?

dreams

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2013, 04:18:11 AM »
Shadowbind will only proc on melee attacks (either base melee or %WDPS with a melee weapon equipped).

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2013, 04:42:30 AM »
I don't think there are any other berserker skills we need to look at, at the moment is there?

No, I don't think so.

Tier Movement Speed on Savage Rush would be nice, but that's more of a QoL change, and ultimately not important.

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2013, 07:00:19 AM »

No, I don't think so.

Tier Movement Speed on Savage Rush would be nice, but that's more of a QoL change, and ultimately not important.

So Bind is fine?
And Stormclaw worth maxing, more than just a 1ptWonder?

I'm just asking.

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2013, 07:14:18 AM »
Adding points to Stormclaw increases damage, and tiers add chains. Works perfectly fine.

The proc chance? 50% chance is more than adequate. It shouldn't scale.

Not everything has to scale, guys.

And what's the problem with Shadowbind? It adds utility, and more importantly, AOE auto-attack damage to a claw-wielding Zerker.

It could last for a fixed time, I suppose.

dreams

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2013, 08:14:22 PM »
Are we going to do anything about the flat value skills so that they progress with the player through tierX?