0) Keyword System:[000KeyWd]
By using CTRL + F you can search for these keywords and jump to the appropriate section of this guide.1) Introduction, what is Synergies ? [001Intro]
Synergies is full conversion and balance mod for Torchlight 2. The current version of the mod is 2.64. For older versions, please check out This guide
Please keep in mind that some of this information is outdated.
2) Synergies Team [002STeam]The current Dev team of Synergies:
Salan - All encompassing mod creator and developer, does everything not listed below.
Ghostblade - Class developer, Paladin, then something new.
Strukto - low level Item developer, adding low to mid level legendaries to the general playthrough
Kelintor - Selrock zone developer, reworking his quest hubs and zones
Greatname - Sound Developer, working on spell effects and quest voice overs
MFS88 - Model and texture artist responsible for almost all of the unique models and textures
Hermundure - Artist working on Icons throughout the game
Hampton - Artist that did the portraits for the classes within synergies
Joe Chip - Forum moderator and documentor of all things synergies
Rimbaldi - Quest Developer, working on quests, Skill descriptions and over all grammar.
FluffyDough - Website design and programmerCurrently awol Dev members of Synergies
Soryuu - Item developer currently away for life needs, but developer of Handcrossbows, throwing daggers, throwing weapons which will be reintroduced to the mod with the Ranger.
Cy - awol texture artist responsible for making the .5 tier texture rework
Nursury - awol texture artist responsible for making most of the necromancer artwork
SupercolidingButton - awol texture artist responsible for making the synergies logo, troll and warbeast retextures in the Troll homelands
Stormchaser - awol texture artist responsible for making the Phoenix tier1 rework
Catdog - awol forum and community moderator
unknown - Awol texture artist responsible for the warlock and necromancer charge bars
also art work allowed to be used by Attackgorrilla from team torcher includes the 5 rare dragon skins and Drek's skin: https://sites.google.com/site/tl2moddingteamtorcher/3) Installing Synergies [003insta]1)Installing Synergies through Steam
2)Buy Torchlight 2
3)Download Torchlight 2
4)Subscribe to synergies in the Workshop
5)Add Synergies to your selected mods2) Installing Synergies on a Mac
Installing Torchlight 2
1) Install the Mac Steam version and buy the Torchlight 2 game.
2) Install the program PlayonMac.
3) Install the Windows version of Steam through PlayonMac.
4) Let Steam update the version.
5) Through the Windows version of Steam install Torchlight 2.
Now you hopefully have the latest version of Torchlight 2 on your computer. In order for it to work properly you have to disable all the shadows.
1) Download the latest version of SynergiesMod
2) Unzip the .pak files
3) Now this step is the hard part, you have to locate your Torchlight 2 folder. In order to do that go to your "finder" and click on the right top of your screen to the "Go" option. Once you see all the available options press the "alt" key and the option "Library" will pop up.
Now once you are on the Library folder you simply have to navigate through various folders in order to reach the Torchlight 2 files. The folder that we want should be Library/PlayonMac/wineprefix/Steam/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Torchlight II/PAKS .
4) Relocate the SynergiesMod .pak files to the PAKS folder and you are good to go.3) Installing Synergies without Steam
You are among the users who have bought the Torchlight II directly from the Runic website, and thus aren't able to download mods via steam ? No worry, you can play Synergies even if you don't have the steam version, here is a small step by step on how to do that.How to manually install Synergies :
- Ensure you have the latest version of the game. If you are constantly connected in Internet, there shouldn't be any problem because the game auto-patches. If you don't, connect to the Internet and run the game so the game can be updated. (there is no manual patch installer)
- Download the latest Synergies mod from here : http://www.synergiesmod.com/patchNotes.php (the download may take quite a long time, even if you have a good connexion)
- Extract the SYNERGIES.MOD file from the archive ; this file isn't a video file, Windows recognizes it as a video file because the .mod extension already exists and is bound to a video file type.. (I think Runic should have chosen another extension for mods), still this file contains everything you need about Synergies
- Place it under your mods folder which is in the Torchlight II main folder (if you don't know where is it, right click on the Torchlight II shortcut -> properties -> target)
- Now if you run Torchlight II with mods (selecting "Manage mods and play Torchlight II with mods"), and then if you tick "Synergies", you should be able to play Synergies !
Thanks to potterman28wxcv for writing this section. 4) General Gameplay Changes [005VSkill]
You can read about the Gameplay Changes Here 5) Vanilla Skills Changes [005VSkill]
You can read about the Gameplay Changes Here 6) Tiers in Synergies [006Tiers]
Tiers are used to describe end game raids.Tier0
is the Derinkuyu dungeon. The monsters are harder then anything in the base game. The gear there is 10-15% higher then the end game uniques in Tl2. Also there is tier0 trash legendaries which are slightly lower and kind of half tiered items.Tier0.5
is found in the troll area, its not 'better' then 0 but more specialized and a bit harder to get, and the monsters that drop it are more varied and numerous.Tier1
is Darknessfalls raid, 105. It's currently work in progress. Its gear is not available yet. The gear here will be 10-25% higher then tier0. and the fights will be mostly impossible without gear from tier0.
You can find Tier 0 Legendary Items in the Tier 0 Dungeon and Tier 1 legendary items in the Tier 1 dungeon.
7) Crafting in Synergies [007SCraf]
You can read about Synergies Crafting Here8 ) Towns in Synergies [008Towns]Table Mountain
In table mountain you will find the following merchants.Salan Witherwind
offers you a great selection of unique armor and weapons. you can also buy the Jewelled sword, the PVP waypoint portal and the Znojmo Vault maps.Aberdokki Witherwind
offers you some rare and unique weapons and armor.Celindari Witherwind
offers you a great selection of rare items.7 enchanters
that are named after users of this forum. Please note that the enchantments in Synergies are nerfed.Kelintor merchant
Through this merchant you can travel to Selrock2 Jewelier merchantsOne crafting merchantSelrock
In Selrock you can find the following merchantsK'zor the trainer
from this merchant you can buy the dummy scrolls (they summon a dummy) and the mimic stash scrolls (through this scrolls you can summon your stashes wherever you are)Keira the traveler
Through the merchant you can buy various dungeon stashes. These are :
-The desolate lands
-The clockwork citadel waypoint portal
-The clockwork crucible waypoint portal
-The clockwork castle waypoint portal
Through this merchant you can also buy the Unstable embers.
In Selrock you can also find the Kel Vault. In here you can deposit your gold in order to save it, or to change it between characters.