Author Topic: FOCUS 1C: Frenzy Mastery  (Read 10616 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
FOCUS 1C: Frenzy Mastery
« on: September 29, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »
Frenzy Mastery (this skill is almost is useless, since you are allways full charge then fighting)

I completely agree from when I played my berserker.  I think this is a skill we could basically scrap and remake to something more benificial.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

RaymondLi

• Synergies Focus Group
Re: FOCUS 1C: Frenzy Mastery
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 02:36:34 PM »
Agree.

Do you have any plan, Salan?
Anu belore dela'na

ytdulu

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »
Since Frenzy Mastery is in Shadow skill tree, it should give some kind of bonus to those skills located here that can synergies well.
Synergies elite hardcore progress: defeated all bosses up to tier 0,5.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 05:39:45 PM »
Lets brain storm something cool. Throw out ideas, and we can decide, im just passing through on this one atm.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »
I have to disagree here.

I started a berserker recently, and right away I noticed you build charge way, way too quickly. I think that needs to be addressed first.

As it is, the berserker charge bar feels too stressful - I build it up quickly, get a few crits out, then it's gone again. It's that insidious little pause between rampages, rampages which don't last nearly long enough.

And the decay delay is insane, too. It takes about ten seconds to start decaying, which is a ridiculously long time.

What I suggest is hitting all Berserkers with a -50% Charge Generation bonus, or worse, and a 50% Charge Decay Rate to make it drain faster. And hit the charge bar stats in the player window to make the decay delay nearly instantaneous.

This means that Frenzy is now a hell of a lot more precious and awesome, and so is Frenzy Mastery.

Except I do agree Frenzy Mastery isn't as great as it could be. So:
- 0.6 Seconds to Frenzy duration, instead of 0.5. This brings us to 15 seconds total at rank 15.
- also grants 2% Charge Generation bonus and 3% Reduced Charge Decay Rate per rank. Slightly easier to build, and easier again to hang onto.

What do you guys think?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 09:46:47 PM »
that's not a dissagreance, its taking a different look at the problem. ACTUALLY I was thinking of this at work, forgot about it .. too many things in my brain.

I think if we slowed the bar down it definitely would address frenzy mastery, I need to do this with the necromancer too actually

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 09:49:43 PM »
that's not a dissagreance, its taking a different look at the problem. ACTUALLY I was thinking of this at work, forgot about it .. too many things in my brain.

I think if we slowed the bar down it definitely would address frenzy mastery, I need to do this with the necromancer too actually

That's what I'm here for :D

Yep, even if we change nothing else, that charge bar builds stupidly fast. I notice the Paladin charge bar builds quickly too, need to bring that down.

roks

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 10:05:41 PM »
I have to disagree here.

I started a berserker recently, and right away I noticed you build charge way, way too quickly. I think that needs to be addressed first.

As it is, the berserker charge bar feels too stressful - I build it up quickly, get a few crits out, then it's gone again. It's that insidious little pause between rampages, rampages which don't last nearly long enough.

And the decay delay is insane, too. It takes about ten seconds to start decaying, which is a ridiculously long time.

What I suggest is hitting all Berserkers with a -50% Charge Generation bonus, or worse, and a 50% Charge Decay Rate to make it drain faster. And hit the charge bar stats in the player window to make the decay delay nearly instantaneous.

This means that Frenzy is now a hell of a lot more precious and awesome, and so is Frenzy Mastery.

Except I do agree Frenzy Mastery isn't as great as it could be. So:
- 0.6 Seconds to Frenzy duration, instead of 0.5. This brings us to 15 seconds total at rank 15.
- also grants 2% Charge Generation bonus and 3% Reduced Charge Decay Rate per rank. Slightly easier to build, and easier again to hang onto.

What do you guys think?

Execution already gives you 40 charge and throw in your banner and you're plenty full of +charge...
How about something based upon the length of the frenzy -- the longer you frenzy ... the higher % bonus to crit you get... because i mean... you're a berserker so right you start getting into a frenzy and then the frenzy heightens... making you much more powerful than before...  so % bonus to crit or something related to the height of frenzy ... % chance to fully heal... % chance to gain a burst of attack speed... % chance to hit harder with melee attacks ...etc etc.
I suppose they could be tier like bonuses if needed.

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »
Executioner is dual-wield only, not so great for my two-hander berserker.

The rising power idea is interesting, but I don't think I'd like it for the berserker. That's basically the Outlander charge bar, but only after you've charged it up with the Berserker charge bar, and it only lasts for a short time. I'd much prefer to get the whole deal straight away.

I really like Fully Heal on Kill as a mechanic, especially after playing Krieg in Borderlands 2. Building a class around that reckless, go-like-hell gameplay would be a LOT of fun in Synergies.

Not quite sure it'd be balanced for the berserker though, especially not if you had several points in Blood Hunger. Or even just one - 5% of your health on a crit is pretty significant, throwing in Heal on Kill would be too much, unless you made that the core survivability mechanic for the berserker. And changing that would suck for all existing berserkers.

ytdulu

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 01:24:33 AM »
You got plenty of other skills that generate charge very fast.

I really like Fully Heal on Kill as a mechanic, especially after playing Krieg in Borderlands 2. Building a class around that reckless, go-like-hell gameplay would be a LOT of fun in Synergies.
This can refer to Blood Hunger then we get here not in Frenzy Mastery. By its name it should give offensive boost.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 01:27:56 AM »
ya a heal isn't truly optional, its OP as hell for balance issues. 

hmmm sorry im kinda dragon rescue brained atm.

dreams

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 08:13:56 AM »
Right now it is only useful for lower levels. At the higher levels there is no need to go into frenzy cause everyone has a decent crit chance anyway. So any charge related changes isnt going to bother anyone.

Maybe give it +att speed + cast speed that procs more when frenzy as the level goes up? But that would make it clash with rampage......

Or maybe give a + dmg and + auto att hits that procs more when frenzy as the level goes up? Not sure whether the + hits thing can be done.

ytdulu

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 08:21:27 AM »
Right now it is only useful for lower levels. At the higher levels there is no need to go into frenzy cause everyone has a decent crit chance anyway. So any charge related changes isnt going to bother anyone.

Maybe give it +att speed + cast speed that procs more when frenzy as the level goes up? But that would make it clash with rampage......

Or maybe give a + dmg and + auto att hits that procs more when frenzy as the level goes up? Not sure whether the + hits thing can be done.

It doesn`t give any bonus at lower levels, you still generate charge very well and there are other skills worth more investing then this on low levels.

It can`t go with attack/cast speed or + dmg, since we got allready Rampage skill and Cold Steel Mastery.

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 07:26:48 PM »
Probably a bit radical, but how about fusing Blood Hunger and Frenzy Mastery?

I've read numerous times that people complain about how miniscule 0.5% health steal per skill point is.

Initial #'s nerf to both of course perhaps, but since you get 2 bonuses, players might be more inclined to skill it then?
Say @ lvl15 10s and 10%?

Of course you'll need a replacement passive, but that in turn opens up new possibilities.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 07:37:47 PM »
thats not a horrible idea, If we are planning on redoing frenzy mastery in the first place, why not explore the potential of keeping it, but tying it into another passive that is already there.

is Blood hunger the one it should be thou hm