Author Topic: FOUCS 1E: RAMPAGE  (Read 5175 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: FOUCS 1E: RAMPAGE
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 03:26:24 AM »
that would allow for more caster /ranged builds.. and wouldn't exactly impact the mainstreamers too much with 2.5 extra time
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Craftea

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 03:28:12 AM »
The idea is to let the ramage stacks upon itself. Example 6s frenzy and 1s cd ramage means you could stack it 3 times. Linking it to frenzy is so that frenzy would be good even for people with high crit chance. And to let the ramage stack more you would want frenzy to be as long as possible because even if it only goes down for 0.5s the buff stack is broken.

The original Rampage doesn't stack. I'm ok with having Rampage stack, but not as an on kill proc, since that would be too useful against mobs and too useless against bosses.

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 03:31:25 AM »
A simple passive that adds Crit Damage and AS to 2-handers might work.

Don't think that's a good idea for a replacement.
See, the zerker through his Frenzy charge can already ignore Dex, and with a passive like this, he'd be able to skip Str as well.

Best/Easiest replacement skill would be a Bleed of some sort, unless a future class has something like it already of course.

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 05:02:17 AM »

See, the zerker through his Frenzy charge can already ignore Dex, and with a passive like this, he'd be able to skip Str as well.

Best/Easiest replacement skill would be a Bleed of some sort, unless a future class has something like it already of course.

"Skip" Strength is a bit extreme, but you're probably right.

Eviscerate already has a Bleed built into it. I guess it wouldn't be too bad as a passive, but it might make Eviscerate redundant when that passive is paired with, say, Ravage.

One of my early Death Knight specs had a whole tree based around a Bleed mechanic, but I scrapped that idea after a while.

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 06:52:41 AM »

"Skip" Strength is a bit extreme, but you're probably right.

Eviscerate already has a Bleed built into it. I guess it wouldn't be too bad as a passive, but it might make Eviscerate redundant when that passive is paired with, say, Ravage.

One of my early Death Knight specs had a whole tree based around a Bleed mechanic, but I scrapped that idea after a while.

Yeah coupled with Ravage would render Evis obsolete.

I was thinking for along the lines of a Bleed Mastery, passively improving Eviscerate, Savage Rush and Chain's Snares (Snare really should have a Bleed IMO) Bleed damage.
Bleed would only be added to normal attacks, not skills.
Provided that's even possible...

As far replacement skill, I'm having a dry spell ATM.

Yet I can't see that a simple buff towards BH in any way could fix it;  it'll probably stay a 1ptWonder unless combined with something, and if buffed too high could be OP.

BH also doesn't trigger with ranged attacks, even half or 1/3 the % would cool.

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2013, 07:21:29 AM »
Considering all those skills deal WDPS, if you HAVE damage over time on your weapon, they're conveyed with the skill damage. I think, but I'm almost certain.

And I'm not sure if it's possible to have something proc only on auto-attacks. Well, Stormclaw only procs on melee weapon auto-attacks only (again, I think, it's been a while) but that uses a specific affix thing. It's a round-about way to do it, making a skill similar to Stormclaw that procs 100% of the time to apply the DoT, but it's probably doable.

RaymondLi

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »

BH just cannot trigger with ranged auto attack.
You can still trigger them from stormhatchet and wolfpack if you wear a melee weapon.

You really like a gun-serker?
Anu belore dela'na

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2013, 07:27:20 PM »

BH just cannot trigger with ranged auto attack.
You can still trigger them from stormhatchet and wolfpack if you wear a melee weapon.

You really like a gun-serker?

Lol, naw, more like a wandzerker.
Was my initial backup weapons if coupled with Executioner.
If only BH and Stormclaw could proc with them.

QQ:
Will Shred Armour be applied to %WDPS skills as long as I'm wielding a melee weapons, or stricktly on auto-attacks?

RaymondLi

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »

QQ:
Will Shred Armour be applied to %WDPS skills as long as I'm wielding a melee weapons, or stricktly on auto-attacks?

Almost all %wDPS skills,
EXCEPT Frost Breath, Northern Rage and eh..Savage rush (%weapon damage).
Anu belore dela'na

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 03:33:44 AM »

QQ:

Almost all %wDPS skills,
EXCEPT Frost Breath, Northern Rage and eh..Savage rush (%weapon damage).

Thanks man.
Details like that really should be added somewhere in game, even if it is on panel of its own.