Author Topic: Focus 1f: flat damage skills, potential scaling  (Read 4670 times)

dreams

• Synergies Focus Group
Re: Focus 1f: flat damage skills, potential scaling
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 07:38:31 PM »
Nobody is saying runic is right. We are just saying we dont know why it is designed that way and other than that there is not a whole lot "wrong" with the skill. The world is not black and white, not everything can be defined simply as right or wrong.

Since you are so insistent that the design is "wrong" and should be corrected. Why not present your case on what is so "wrong" about the skill other then not making you understand its purpose.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 01:23:46 PM »
the thing is.. Synergies CHANGES the game.  and the skills so far haven't changed with it.  We're fixing that.

nothing to do with runics design. They designed for a less cluttered,less harsh environment which unlocks happened later in life. 

we aren't.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

RaymondLi

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 08:34:28 PM »
It has been a while since the last post in focus group.
We should keep the discussions again.
Anu belore dela'na

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 01:04:34 AM »
Raymond i am going to give you moderator status here.

what I want you to do with it is open and close discussions that the group can comment on.  then make a post to me about what you think is hte most OBJECTIVE means of dealing with something that the group has assigned a priority from the base classes.  I will read teh discussions, and comment when I need to, and I will read the proposals with an open mind.

This is NOT meant to rewrite a skill.  It is not meant to nerf everything.  It is to bring things from the base game into synergies enviroment, FIRST, and FOREMOST.

High health monsters, stronger skills dealing WeaponDPS, more dense situations... I will NOT change something that does not logically have a reason to be changed, there are drastic consequences to simply fiddle for fiddling sake in these games.

sound good?
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 01:05:20 AM »
I REALLY need to focus on warlock and t1 inclusion, and so many other areas... this focus group is important to me and the mod as a whole.. I just can't shift my brain back and forth constantly.