Author Topic: What mods do you use when you play Synergies ?  (Read 30669 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: What mods do you use when you play Synergies ?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 03:27:51 PM »
Tl2 MP seems to have been hacked in as a secondary priority.   the peer to peer is flaky at times, and likely the cause of the limit.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Xercules

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 01:35:31 PM »

Anyone using bottomless dungeon with synergies?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 02:29:24 PM »
teh bottomless dungeon was the cause of the issue between tl2 essentials and synergies a month ago.. i wonder if it works on its own.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Xercules

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
Great, I'm using it. What was the problem? I'm getting tired of starting over and the main story line is getting so boring to play through. Is there a mod that is comparable with synergies I could use that gives me something to do? DL leveling is so laggy I hate going in there.

Xercules

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 04:06:42 PM »
Never mind, I dropped it and started over again.

This time I consoled his level up to 100 or whatever.

Now I can go straight to endgame!

Larecjv

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 04:41:06 AM »
Here are the mods i use.

1972-mobswarm
2012-improved_sword_and_board1
2013-improved_sword_and_board3
2045-imobilizingcopter_improved2
2051-sledgebot_improved2
2062-improved_stormclaw4
2077-improved_forcefield
2138-physical_staffmastery4
2206-improved_shred_armor3
2207-improved_shred_armor4
2226-improved_rapidshot
2242-improved_chaos_wand9
2257-improved_shotgun_mastery
2270-improved_shields3
2278-improved_shadow_armor4
2285-pet_equipable7
2342-improvd_cold_steel_mastery5
2343-improvd_cold_steel_mastery4
2362-improved_machinegun_bot1
2367-improved_machinegun_bot3
2369-improved_mortar_bot3
2374-improved_blood_hunger0
2379-improved_blood_hunger4
2382-improved_stone_pact3
2386-improved_stone_pact6
2457-heavyl
3248-general_passives
3253-rnfs_skill_spells_v1_3a_high
3550-pinata_v1_1
3803-lao_2_0
3804-thrasher's_armory
3814-achievements

These are all the mods in my mod folder, i pick and choose among them depending on the character and style i want to play.  As you can see i like my loot and a somewhat OP character.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 09:46:22 AM »
Personally, I like OP characters only if monsters are also OP, to still have some challenge ; I don't really like when every monsters fall like flees..

jordan0422

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 02:49:40 PM »
Playing with:

<STRING>MOD:Brother-in-Arms (Humans as Pets MOD)
<STRING>MOD:RnFs Skill Spells v1.3a Normal
<STRING>MOD:tl2 essential utilities
<STRING>MOD:SynergiesMOD
<STRING>MOD:Theolentist Class
<STRING>MOD:Far East Pack 1
<STRING>MOD:Far East Preview Pack 2

"tl2 essential utilities" is a personal merge of some utilities mods that I find to enhance gameplay (Extra chunky, Blanks landmarks, class quest fix, unusable items are red, slimmer loot borders, small combat text, respec/restat potion, zoomy, bagmod, spellvendor, unlock & buy spells).

"Humans as Pets" is like playing with another player, but in single player. Takes a bit of micromanaging but really fun. The human pets could be used for healing/support, tank, or caster, or some combination.

Zyph

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 07:37:52 PM »
I have started using Humans as Pets because I like dressing them in FE armor. :D

jordan0422

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 10:54:56 PM »
I have started using Humans as Pets because I like dressing them in FE armor. :D

I like to pretend the Musha pet as a Kensei  :D

Yeah, that mod is one of my 3 essentials (the other being Synergies and Far East packs). That mod have some more potential that could be exploited (dynamic stat distribution of pets). Hopefully that's possible and the author would continue work on it.

Larecjv

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »
I have recently added Unearthed Arcana to my list of mods so now my current load order is as follows

1. Pinata v1.1 (adds extra goodies, mostly gold)
2. Mobswarm (beefs up swarms from 2.5 to 5 times the amount of enemies)
3. Achievements (adds a bunch of achievements, like how many monsters you have killed based on a scale)
4. General Passives (adds a 4th tab under skills with 12 passive skills, extra stat, damage and the like. Does not work with custom classes)
5. RnFs Skill Spells v1.31a High (adds spells based on all character skills, High just means i got a high loot version)
6. Unearthed Arcana (Adds too many things for me to write down, a mod about the size of Synergies)
7. LAO 2.0 (adds loot and loads of new stuff)
8. Thasher's Armory (adds more goodies)
9. Synergies (do i really have to describe it...) ;)
I keep 1 room ready for a character specific mod.

When i first tried out Unearthed Arcana i ran into a bunch of issues but that turned out to be me having a "silly" loadorder, in my current setup i havent had a single crash so it should be good, im still in Act 1 though.

Personally, I like OP characters only if monsters are also OP, to still have some challenge ; I don't really like when every monsters fall like flees..

Yup, i play in hardcore mode in elite so i dont really have it easy so my OP stuff is really there to keep me from dying really fast, im "merely" a casual gamer so im probably alot slower to react to changes than most of you guys, well, so i guess anyway.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 06:30:47 PM »
Mobswarm looks to be a nice mod, I should try it ^^ (however, I hope that the XP is readjusted)
I'm currently using many mods, I will only list the mod that changes gameplay :
-> Arkham & Thrasher's armory : new non-OP items are always welcome
-> No Class Requirement : I just hate when an item drops and.. you can't wear it because of your birth
-> LAO, version with no item affix expansion. That makes non end-game legendary items to be worth wearing it. Still, they drop too often, so I have to try to search some mod that brings the drop value back to vanilla. Also, as items are more powerful, I have to find a mod that increases the difficulty.. But I just can't find any.
-> Far East 1 & 2
-> RnF Skill Spell normal drop rate : combined with the human pet mod, this mod is just aaaawesooome :P
-> Human pet mod : having some virtual guy helping you is worth it :)
-> Boss Spell : adds spells that drop only from bosses. These spells allows you to use Boss's skill
-> Golden Chest : one reason to search for the Golden Chest. Still, it's just for the golden chest in large areas.
-> Trap Hurts : Make traps really hurt
-> Unearthed Arcana
-> Synergies

jordan0422

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 06:51:13 PM »
Mobswarm looks to be a nice mod, I should try it ^^ (however, I hope that the XP is readjusted)
I'm currently using many mods, I will only list the mod that changes gameplay :
-> Arkham & Thrasher's armory : new non-OP items are always welcome
-> No Class Requirement : I just hate when an item drops and.. you can't wear it because of your birth
-> LAO, version with no item affix expansion. That makes non end-game legendary items to be worth wearing it. Still, they drop too often, so I have to try to search some mod that brings the drop value back to vanilla. Also, as items are more powerful, I have to find a mod that increases the difficulty.. But I just can't find any.
-> Far East 1 & 2
-> RnF Skill Spell normal drop rate : combined with the human pet mod, this mod is just aaaawesooome :P
-> Human pet mod : having some virtual guy helping you is worth it :)
-> Boss Spell : adds spells that drop only from bosses. These spells allows you to use Boss's skill
-> Golden Chest : one reason to search for the Golden Chest. Still, it's just for the golden chest in large areas.
-> Trap Hurts : Make traps really hurt
-> Unearthed Arcana
-> Synergies

Unearthed Arcana and Synergies, in the same order as you (UA before Synergies).... I used to have these two together, but ran into a little problem (can't complete "Cacklespit's Brew" sidequest in Act 3). Did you have any serious issues running the two mods together?

Also agree with you on the "Human as pets" and "Skill Spell" combination: it's awesome!

Joe Chip

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 11:57:55 PM »
Pretty Damage
Raffo Buffo's UI
Better blood effects
Enhanced Retex part 1 + 2
No Side Buttons

Marskij25

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2013, 08:22:39 AM »
Helo Guys,, I am new here and started using synergies, so far the mod is awesome,,
However, guys can I request a nonsteam link for these mods?
PrettyDamage (v.4)
betterbloodeffects (v.8)