Author Topic: What mods do you use when you play Synergies ?  (Read 30662 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: What mods do you use when you play Synergies ?
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2014, 01:29:11 PM »
I did actually say what it did ;(

it changes the global settings to change the ratio of loot dropped, the old synergies loot settings before I changed them to the lower amounts we have now. 
And it makes heroes and elites and such drop BOTH options instead of just the ONE (potion OR loot) in synergies. amongst other things.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Larecjv

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2014, 01:44:12 PM »
OT: Is there any challenging stuff to do in the game when you use those mods?

I honestly cannot tell you as i dont play the game like you and most other people do.  I have never leveled a character beyond level 30 because i tend to create a new character each time i load the game.  I just want a few hours of fun gameplay rather than keep leveling up the same character.

I can say that even with my setup of mods, i have plenty challenges at the levels i play, i always play elite.  Also i do not utilize each and every possibility from my mods, if i did it would certainly be insanely overpowering.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2014, 02:00:59 PM »
It's been awhile since i last posted in this thread so here is what i currently run with in the order i got them set.

1. SynergiesHIGHLOOT ( who doesnt love loot ? :p )
2. Human Enemies ( adds tough human enemies that can use skills, drops nice loot too)
3. More Skill and Stat Points!  ( gives 15 statpoints per level and 5 skillpoints per level, also 2 skillpoints per fame level, i use it to test new classes to make sure i got enough points for the skills)
4. THE ADVENTURE MART ( changes the shopkeepers and adds one that sell jewelry, gems, pet items, spells and belts.  Also gives the shopkeeper more storage, upto 10 tabs of items)
5. Potions Addons  ( adds a bunch of extra potions, some with permanent stat increases, in case you find this overpowering, you can always sell them for extra gold)
6. Thrasher's Armory ( item affixes, slots etc.  what's not to love)
7. daylight robbery ( changes drops from breakable and adds various items for creating items, too much to mention really, look it up if curious)
8. SynergiesMOD ( i think we all know what this one does :p )
9. Torchfun - The Overhaul ( has too many changes to mention here, look it up if curious, i mainly use it to level up faster, from what i know it has been set to a level up pace that you only need to run through the game once to get to level 100)

I leave one open slot for a class or class collection mod.

PS.  If anyone notices something wrong with the load order, please let me know.   :)

• Human Enemies make the game tougher, since some of them are a bit challenging and hard to kill.
  • More skills and stat points, I honestly don't know why you added that. If you want to test, you could console your character to lvl 100 or use rapidrespec ; actually this one makes the game significantly easier, because even though you can't efficiently manage more than let's say 4 actives at a time, you've got enough points to put into passives or pseudo passives (i call pseudo passives skills that are "fire & forget" and last 30 seconds or more). Also, the extra on stats means that you have no difficulty at all at wearing higher lvl stuff, as well as some nice bonus.
  • Potion addons. Could be called "the rain of permanent stat potions" as well. As if "more stat points" from above wasn't enough  ;D
  • Thrasher's Armory & Daylight Robbery : approved, even though Daylight Robbery introduces more items that you can sell, and so it's easier to earn gold
  • Torchfun at last : I've got many things to say about this mod

Well, I have actually played an engineer from lvl 1 to lvl 100 by using the same combo Torchfun + Synergies (Synergies at 1st, Torchfun at 2nd) ; and actually when you use Torchfun, there's some areas that have a lvl hole ; because actually, even though the lvl scaling in zones is increased so the last map (the boss) is lvl 100, and even though the XP is increased, I have found myself being under leveled several times even if I was doing every damn side quests, which forced me to go to Derinkuyu leveling (the dungeon that was before Realms of Discord) to be able to beat the next map. It can be seen as a pro or as a con..

But at least, once you've completed the main quest, you don't have any additional leveling to do, at the cost/with the bonus of less time spent on your character. Also, because you have higher tiers when fighting bosses, the game is actually easier (imagine fighting Grell with all your available skills vs fighting Grell with just the 4 first skills ; even though Grell is a higher lvl, the fight is considerably easier because you have more possibility).

So.. Even though I know the author has tried to put much effort into his mod, I tend to play just Synergies instead of Synergies + Torchfun. Also, I think there must be some incompatibilities between the 2 of them : they are both indeed big overhaul mod.

But, the most important is to have fun with your mod settings. I know that I personally couldn't with yours, because I'm more of a challenge guy. And in my opinion, too few mods bring more challenge :( 99% of them just provide an easier gameplay

Uranus

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2014, 09:08:47 AM »
Currently playing with Essentials (Synergies compatible version) and Synergies latest version.

durrrr86

« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2014, 11:49:41 PM »
SynergiesMOD Compatible TL2 Essential
Syn
Lao 2.0 CE
FEP
FEP Pack 2
Lost Spririt MErchant

Mursk

« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2014, 08:37:53 PM »
-takes deep breathe- ok here we go lol

More stat/skill points -10 stat per lvl and 2 skill point per level
Enhanced retex part 1 and 2
SweetFx
NUGT(my own personal modpack not yet published still working on it causing me to have 1 page of inventory instead of synergies 3). This pack includes:
Achievments
Ubuntu font
Better loot colors
Better blood effects
Minimalistic loot borders
Clear mini map
Hide menu buttons
Unusable items are red
Unidebtified items are yellow
Lore loading screens
Default logo mod
Fast resume and quit
Fish details
Unique beams
Bugfix
Item affix expansion
Alternative outfits
Daylight robbery
Reiners
Thrashers
Arkhams
Extra chunky
Blank landmarks

Lurkerhud
Techmage
Synergieshighloot
Synergiesmod
Fareast 1 and 2
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:40:39 PM by Mursk »

Uranus

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2014, 07:14:13 AM »
Mursk: Actually 70% of your mods are integrated in ONE file called Torchlight 2 Essentials. Just saying :)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2014, 09:47:55 PM »
I do recommend the Synergies compatible version of Essentials over the original that can break MP synch when used with Synergies.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Mursk

« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2014, 08:45:32 PM »
Yes I realize that but I hated the extra pets and some other things so my modpack caters to my own personal taste

EdinMG

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2014, 12:05:34 AM »
Hello everybody, this is my 1st post here and I come ask for help, I don't play TL2 in a long time, over a year, I think, and this is the 1st time that I'm going to play TL2 with mods, and I wanna ask if this load order is good to go or if I should change/remove something of it...

evil ui grittier edition
enhanced retex 1
enhanced retex 2
torchlight 2 essentials
general passives
synergies high loot
lao chaos
trasher's armory
arkham's armory
synergies

Seikusa

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2014, 06:51:09 PM »
"More Hotkeys", since for synergies one bar is not enough and 7890 are far to reach. This mod gives you f1-f12 as keys.
"Free Dungeon Resurrection", since i dont want to chance all my gold into goldscroll als the time.

landsteiner

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2016, 04:08:44 AM »
sorry for my bad english, just play Single player with load order :

- just my simple modpack include:
   - More Hotkey,
   - Simple HUd,
   - Die Hard from RGF pre-guts mod ( Enemy life 300 % life & 60 % damage bonus )
   - smarter gambler
   - pet and fish overhaul ( pets can equiped a ring )
   - vendor boon sell more items
- synergies all addons ( highloot, lowpop, socket, etc )
- better vanilla game alpha mod pack ( just include something expansion feature like extra chunky, blank landmarks, etc )
- LAO 2 chaos edition
- Reiners Gears
- Synergies
- my simple class pack just merge something unique class, include:
  - Dread Pirates ( sword and gun )
  - Double Agent ( unique skill and gameplay )
  - Dragoon ( unique gameplay combo )
  - Dragon Prince ( well this remind me of breath of fire IV )
  - Emberblade
  - Elemental blade dancer ( well balance so far )
  - Preacher ( just alternative melee class with claw )
  - Darkthan class
"If there are things you learn with friends, there must also be things you learn without friends. They must be of equal worth, two sides of the same coin."