Author Topic: What costs what, What Generates what Warlock discussion  (Read 8061 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
What costs what, What Generates what Warlock discussion
« on: October 19, 2013, 02:07:35 PM »
this thread will be used to finetune the HELLFIRE and NETHERESSENCE portion of the class

Hellfire

Tier1- Burning Blade
-adds 2 Hellfire per cast.
-15 skill points adds 4 hellfire per cast.
-Needs target

Tier2- Fireshield
-adds 2 Hellfire per cast
-15 skill points adds 4 hellfire per cast, and generates 1 hellfire every 1.5 seconds when taking damage
-20 second refresh

Tier3- Conflagration
-Requires 2 hellfire to cast
-costs 1 hellfire to cast

Tier4- Eruption
-Requires and Costs 3 Hellfire to cast

Tier5- Meteor Strike
-Requires and Costs 5 Hellfire to cast
-15 skill points Meteor Generates 2 hellfire for each monster hit up to a maximum of 5 monsters.  10 potential Hellfire gain on hit.

Tier6- Blade Barrier
-Requires and Costs 5 Hellfire to cast

Tier7- Polymorph Dragon
-Requires and costs 5 Hellfire to cast

NetherVoid

Tier1- Netherbolts
-Generates 1 NetherEssence (NE) on cast
-15 skill points generates 2 NE on cast
-Does not require a target

Tier2- NetherShield
-Generates 2 NE on cast
-15 skill points generates 4 NE on cast, and 1 NE every 1.5 seconds while taking damage

Tier3- Stone Leap
-Requires and Costs 2 NE to cast
-15 skill points generates 4 NE at point of contact with ground

Tier4- Shout From Below
-Requires and Costs 5 NE to cast

Tier5- Netherspikes
-Requires and Costs 3 NE to cast

Tier6- Polymorph NetherWarrior
-Requires and costs 5 NE to cast

Tier7- TBA

ManaBurned

Tier1- ManaMissiles
-Has a % chance to generate 1 HellFire and 1 NE every 4.5 seconds

Tier2- SoulSeeker
-10 Skill points Adds 1 NE and 1 Hellfire per cast
-15 Skill points adds 5 NE and 5 Hellfire per cast

Tier3- Drain Life
-10 Skill points adds 1 NE and 1 Hellfire per cast
-15 Skill points adds 3 NE and 3 Hellfire per cast  <in next version, wrongfully giving 1 now>

Tier4- Polymorph Werewolf
-no generation of NE or Hellfire

Tier5- ManaShield
-15 skill points adds 3 Ne and 3 Hellfire per cast

Tier6- ManaStorm
-no generation of NE or Hellfire

Tier7- ManaField
-15 Skill points adds 2 NE and 2 Hellfire per cast
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:33:35 PM by Salan »
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: What costs what, What Generates what Warlock discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
my notes at just looking at this list.

-Mana shield, should it generate earlier, my answer is yes, but within reason.  I do not want to overshadow the other two shields so this shield will NOT gain a battery effect, specifically because it is a survival shield and not a damage output shield as well.

Tier5- ManaShield
-10 skill points adds 1 NE and 1 Hellfire per cast
-15 skill points adds 3 Ne and 3 Hellfire per cast

-Mana Missiles needs to generate faster.  I had it set to the timer it is as a means to test.  I don't want it to be the go to spell, but it needs to be a bit quicker on the uptake.  The % chance to cast is almost irrelevent in most cases with how fast the spell fires.  I will test a 3 second timer for 1 to 14 skill points and a 1.5 second timer for 15 skill points so..:

Tier1- ManaMissiles
-Has a % chance to generate 1 HellFire and 1 NE every 3 seconds
-15 skill points has a % chance to generate 1 HF and 1 NE every 1.5 seconds

-I personally feel the difference between Netherbolts and Burningblade is justified with one being melee and needing a target and the other being a mana hog distance spell that does not require a target, no change on these at this point.

Stone Leap needs to become an attack spell rather then just a teleport spell for 0 to 5 skill points.  Its NOT a get away teleport skill.  The wind up is too long on it, its made to be an engagement spell.  Get in close and attack, so I will make its ground damage effective from the start, this is irrelevant in this post but it is important to the skill so I thought to include it here.

Shout From Below should have a generation portion much like Meteor strike.  Hit 5 enemies and generate 10 NE at 15 skill poinst, so:

Tier4- Shout From Below
-Requires and Costs 5 NE to cast
-15 skill points generates 2 NE on each enemy hit with the skill for up to 5 enemies.

I will see if it is possible to make Conflagration generate Hellfire when it spreads to enemies, due to the fact it it is the enemy themselves casting the spread it might not work very easily.  (ie 2 warlocks in the game both get HF from the cast?... mmm)

Soulseeker, Drainlife, Mana Storm, Mana Field Should these skills generate both resources on a chance per cast much like the Mana Missiles..  I think Mana field is strong enough as it is for what it does, but it and Drainlife and Soulseeker are perfect sub-batteries for generation of either other types of resources.  These are skills you generally will use PRE-combat for that initial push.   And Mana storm itself, is likely not going to change, it is a very strong output damage.

Polymorph Werewolf This skill could generate some resources for the others as well,  I feel the werewolf will likely be the least favorite of the Polymorphs, if it does generate resource on cast it might be more of a hit, its long cooldown would need to be lowered so  the ability could be precast it before a fight ...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:48:51 PM by Salan »
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 02:53:34 PM »
Also, the three passive skills that proc effects Hellfire, Frozen Vengence and Nether Mastery.

On proc these will start to generate resources. 

each proc of hellfire and Nether mastery will generate 1 of their respected resources
each proc of Frozen Vengence will have a chance to proc both other resources with a cooldown of 3 seconds.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 04:37:22 PM »
will update this with the new setups in the next few days to better plan stuff