Author Topic: Focus 3: Embermage  (Read 5127 times)

dreams

• Synergies Focus Group
Re: Focus 3: Embermage
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 08:24:51 PM »
The high attack speed sounds very good on paper but the thing with shocking burst is that it is an extremely short range channeling skill. So to be able to stand still in the middle of mobs using this skill, you need a shield which in turn limits the dps. Add to the fact that it does not proc anything (only the brands and - armour) nor charge, there is simply no really use for it. Maybe at least let it proc DOTs, that would open up a DOT build for embermages.

RaymondLi

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »
The high attack speed sounds very good on paper but the thing with shocking burst is that it is an extremely short range channeling skill. So to be able to stand still in the middle of mobs using this skill, you need a shield which in turn limits the dps. Add to the fact that it does not proc anything (only the brands and - armour) nor charge, there is simply no really use for it. Maybe at least let it proc DOTs, that would open up a DOT build for embermages.

The range is like 7. FYI The default pistol range is 7.2 without any range buff.
But it seems to have a bug that when you lock the target it would force you to step to 5 and then start to fire. But if you already is at 7, press shift you would see you can draw damage from there.
I feel the shockburst is for some kinda melee mage build. And it can attack wider than the description. (I feel it's like ~270 degree at lv 15)

If let it proc DoT, it would also probably proc other spells. (Is this correct Salan? )
Do you remember Necro's Bone Needle proc issue? This one cannot proc for balance. So I don't think we will put proc to shockburst either.

However, I hope to make the DoT part of this skill more reasonable. It is exclusive now (cannot stack), and sometimes the lower DoT would cover the old higher one. I hope that part could be a fixed value instead of a float one.

If we want to buff the weapon DPS part, we may also need to do the similar for arc beam.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:08:21 PM by RaymondLi »
Anu belore dela'na

dreams

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 10:31:17 PM »
Oh ya forgot that DOTs and proc are in the same category, you get one you get the other. So that wouldnt work, too OP. If we can make the DOT part of the skill stackable that could work as well.

Arc beam is weird. it seems like it was designed as a support skill to mop up stray enemies rather than as the main dps skill.