Author Topic: Crash when entering Derinkuyu, etc...  (Read 2303 times)

Arpacon

Crash when entering Derinkuyu, etc...
« on: November 02, 2013, 12:45:25 AM »
When I try to enter Derinkuyu, Darkness Falls, Tartarus Lite or Ember Realm  9 out of 10 times I crash to desktop. I saved both modsave and save folder and did fresh install of TL2 and downloaded latest version of all mods used from RGF site. Synergies mod I downloaded straight from Synergies site. I use Mamba Mod (MCMM-DEU, MEMM2-SC, MCMM-SC, MEMM2, MCMM, MPC) and made sure of proper load order per RGF site. Other mods used are Blast Cannon Charge Blast, TL2 Game Tweaks, Far East, Healbot Improved 3, and Bigger Inventory. I have tried different loads checking up to all and unchecking down to none of these mods, but MCMM-SC and MEMM2 I have to have loaded due to character save file. Installed latest Synergies mod, 385. Can enter Mapworks, Gold Mine, Or'Ak Pass, and Tabletop Mtn. An example of problem is I've gotten in to Derinkuyu, died, res'd in town and crashed when tried to re-enter. Reloaded game and crashed when first tried to enter Derinkuyu. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and I can give more details if needed. Playing lvl 68 Engineer with stock bulldog pet. This is my first character I have had since TL2 was released and have used thru various mods with no issues until yesterday (Nov 1).

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Crash when entering Derinkuyu, etc...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:12:02 AM »
moving this to mod conflicts...

People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Arpacon

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:33:09 PM »
Update for any assistance. Have to load minimum Mambo MCMM-SC and MEMM(2) with Synergies (385). I tried an earlier version of Synergies (362) but TL2 said had to have newer version of Synergies for save to load. Using 68 Engi got into Ember Steps from Enclave, got quests, entered first portal  and killed first beast for random Portal and crashed to desktop. Loaded 14 lvl Pally entered Ember Steps and spoke to quest givers, then entered portal to to start fighting and crashed to desktop. Could there be a conflict with Mambo and Synergies?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 08:15:19 PM »
Mm i don't know, thats odd.  I think they took good steps for no crash.

try loading JUST synergies and see if that works for you, just as a test.. if you can
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Arpacon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 11:13:41 PM »
Running only Syn 385. Loaded 14 lvl pally, no crash in Ember Steps. Created an Embermage toon, no crashes in Ember Steps, died a lot, but no crashes.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 12:41:41 AM »
so something isn't working with the mods together, embersteps is brand new.  I have no clue what those mods change with synergies, but it looks like you'll have to play them separately.

Arpacon

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 04:24:35 PM »
KK, thanks for assistance. I will check on RFG forums and/or see if Mamba might be able to give me any insight. I don't mind starting a new character, just hate to also lose my Engineer in the process.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 07:43:21 PM »
Well with them being new it might be he has to update his mod to compensate for the changes.