Author Topic: New forum for RoD  (Read 1677 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
New forum for RoD
« on: November 03, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »
This forum will be used for discussions on the RoD.

I think the RoD will be expanded enough that at some point you will be able to play the whole play through through alternative leveling in this manner.

My next chunks to add:

Zones:
Pirate cave
Dwarven halls (the ng+ one you never see)
Nether zones
Dragon tower
Net hack (I love me some nethack)

Bosses:
-The Aura's Rex (belasauras? whatever the spelling)  rare boss that is the end of a quest chain
-The three sisters (also part of a long quest chain)
-The Witch fight from act3

Of course all boss fights will be altered and different then their original play throughs and have different monster files and a quest assigned to them from the embersteps.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: New forum for RoD
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »
This forum will be used for discussions on the RoD.

I think the RoD will be expanded enough that at some point you will be able to play the whole play through through alternative leveling in this manner.

My next chunks to add:

Zones:
Pirate cave
Dwarven halls (the ng+ one you never see)
Nether zones
Dragon tower
Net hack (I love me some nethack)

Bosses:
-The Aura's Rex (belasauras? whatever the spelling)  rare boss that is the end of a quest chain
-The three sisters (also part of a long quest chain)
-The Witch fight from act3

Of course all boss fights will be altered and different then their original play throughs and have different monster files and a quest assigned to them from the embersteps.

Out of all of this, i am most excited for the Three Sisters, that fight is epic, can almost immagine how epic it will be in synergies :)
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

dreams

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 01:44:44 AM »
Speaking of that act 3 witch, maybe we can do something with that sugary treat of death she gave us. Defeating her alter ego in RoD will give us an thing to transmute the drink into a candy cane wand of death.  ;D

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 02:12:53 AM »
Dragon Tower! Yes! ;D

Bue

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 04:12:50 AM »
I still have that drink from Cacklespit -- I thought there was an Easter Egg somewhere associated with it, but if so, I've not heard of anyone finding it.

The cellar under the flaming huts would be a nice little realm to add someday, it's already small too.

Regards,
Bue