Author Topic: New boss rooms  (Read 1631 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
New boss rooms
« on: November 08, 2013, 04:51:57 AM »
there are a lot of new boss rooms in the RoD and everyone of them is ALTERED from their original setup.

I need to know if they are too challenging or not.

I fear the Vyrax and Rylss fight will be more on par with end game dungeons then leveling dungeons, as the amount of things going on is very typical of a end game fight.  Alas think of it as training..   Get some survivability for this fight!

Any RoD room that has a descriptive name attached to it is considered a boss level. (the bog, Warforge, Three sisters... etc)
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

GreatName

• Sound Developer
Re: New boss rooms
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:03:25 AM »
So what you are saying is I am going to get my ass handed to me, again, when I make this content update video  ;)

Watch Torchlight 2 Videos on GreatName's YouTube Channel

GulyFMG

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:53:56 AM »
Well i wrote about this in the patch notes but i will just copy to this thread.

So i got the pleasure to end on Vyrax and Rylss im level 70 with my necro right now and with some DR about 30 %.
Those guys rip me to shreds there is so much going on in there... i almost got Vyrax but then he fled (must thought ahh im tired of killing this guy  >:( )and only Rylss stayed and that blue dragon #$%$#% i curse you  ;D once i get to go on the offensive he would rain the pain in my necro.

it was a fun fight but waaaayyyy to hard for me (maybe with some more DR and better gear) i could not finish the fight  :'( me and my pets could not dish out enough damage to control the fight and those varkoyle bombers, they really put you on your toes.

Maybe with some Tier 3 skills and some better armor i would have better success. Right now all i could do was run like a little girl and shout minions ATTACK lol.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 02:00:08 PM »
ya, I am more convinced I will move it to Darknessfalls Its just that epic.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

cosius

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
I don't know if Vyrax and Rylss are to powerful, IMO The War Titan is harder (not to hard). That said it is on of the best boss battles, only wished the blue one would land also.
(lvl 100 on elite)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »
ya the fight makes you work hard eh, something constantly happening.

I am torn if I should move the dungeon to Darknessfalls as part of the dragon rescue chain or leave it in embersteps...   it has enough going on that DF would work for it.