Author Topic: Warlock: Spelling & other little errors  (Read 2144 times)

jordan0422

Warlock: Spelling & other little errors
« on: November 12, 2013, 01:30:48 PM »
I was taking a look at the Warlock class and notice some spelling & random errors.

Hell Fire skills:

- Fire shield, Tier 3 bonus: "generates" is spelled as "geerates"
- Conflagration, Tier 3 bonus: "conflagration" is spelled as "conflaguration"
- Eruption, Tier 2 bonus: "concussion" is spelled as "concusion"
- Polymorph Dragon, Tier 3 bonus: "devastating" is spelled as "devestating" .... "firebreath attacks" should be singular?

Mana Burned skills:

- Soulseeker, description: "You conjure a Estherian..." should be "You conjure an Estherian..."?
- Drain Life, Tier 2&3 bonus: "NetherEssence" is spelled as "NetheEssence"
- Polymorph WereWolf: Each Tier bonus description should be capitalized? ... "your werewolf..." should be "Your werewolf..."

Nether Void skills:

- Nether Slash, Tier 1 bonus: "over power" should be "overpower"?
- Shoult from Below, Tier 2 bonus" "netherling" should be "netherlord"?

- MISC: Not sure if it's "Nether Essence" or "NetherEssence" because both were used. Same with "HellFire", "Hell Fire", "HellFire", or "Hell fire". Or "Mana Storm" or "ManaStorm", "Mana Burned" or "Manaburned". Some sentences were missing punctuation marks.

Bue

Re: Warlock: Spelling & other little errors
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »
Adding on a couple more things to jordan's list:

Hell Fire skills:
Skill name 'Fire shield' should be 'Fire Shield'.

Mana Burned skills:
Skill name 'Mana field' should be 'Mana Field'.
'Summon WereWolf' should be 'Summon Werewolf'. 
Manaburned: 'Everytime a monster strikes you your mana has a chance to strike back!' should be 'Every time a monster strikes you, your mana has a chance to strike back!'

Regards,
Bue

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 05:29:31 AM »
Yes, thank you both! 

I am going to get our awesome new quest/grammar dev to rewrite all the skills soon.. but that doesn't mean I can't fix them first :)
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Thief_Of_Souls

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 01:47:13 PM »
I just wanted to let you know that there are still a number of grammar issues with the the warlock skills.

The only one that has been fixed from the ones mentioned above "Fire shield, Tier 3 bonus: "generates" is spelled as "geerates""

Besides the ones mentioned already it would be nice if there was consistency in the skill text.  First there seems to be an overabundance of exclamation marks ending many of the skill descriptions, tier bonuses, and resource details which seem out of place. Also as jordan0422 mentioned the capitalization and spacing of some of the words change within even the skill description such as the skill Nether Spikes where the tier bonuses are spelled as netherspikes. I personally believe it would be best to have it be consistent in the form "Nether'word'" where the second word is uncapitalized and there is no space but that is just my opinion.

I am really enjoying this mod so far and while grammar errors are less important overall than content and balance they are small blemishes on an otherwise great mod.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
mm odd on the spelling error, this is from the files with no change:

<TRANSLATE>BASE_DESCRIPTION:A vortex of flame surrounds you reflecting damage back upon your enemies
   <TRANSLATE>TIER1_DESCRIPTION:You harness the Inferno, using it to boost your fire damage!
   <TRANSLATE>TIER2_DESCRIPTION:The fire Ignites your attacks causing you to attack quicker!
   <TRANSLATE>TIER3_DESCRIPTION:Your shield now generates HellFire while it is active, and double when cast!
   <TRANSLATE>REQUIREMENT_DESCRIPTION:Generates HellFire each cast

I'll do a pass on the spelling and consistency of the words after I am done tier1, that's a good point, thanks!

I have the grammar police forum for a reason, It is easy to miss grammar mistakes, and I don't have the absolute best engrish out there.  While I try and strive to be better, it was never a strong point.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:30:43 PM by Salan »
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Thief_Of_Souls

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 03:34:57 PM »
Sorry if I was unclear. The fire shield "generate" spelling error was the only one that has been corrected of the stuff that Bue and jordan0422 originally posted.

And yes, grammar are hard for me too sometimes  ;D

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 04:34:41 PM »
Oh, i'll check the rest after work !

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 09:52:57 PM »
Mana Field: Tier 3 description currently says "You generate HellFire and NetherEssence when you are stanidng on the vents!" <--- should be "standing"
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!