Author Topic: UI for SynergiesMOD  (Read 13285 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: UI for SynergiesMOD
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 03:17:02 AM »
what about the words UNDER the name, will you put it and the monster affixes under the bar? that would be most reasonable place I guess eh?

looks great btw.. I wish i was more artistically inclined.

what can I do for you guys to help with this?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 04:09:42 AM »
Actually both versions will/should be included. Don't know if you ever noticed but the monsters have different health bars: normal mobs, champions and big bosses. I'll modify these two versions a bit and include a third one for the boss monsters. The bars should represent the difficulty of the monster, so the more elaborate the bar, the tougher the monster. They also come with red, orange and purple health meters.

You are catching my attention CrazyBadger, it looks awesome  :P

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 04:11:21 AM »
if you can make ones for elite, hero and rare/ancient  i am going to try to give them their own unittypes, i bet we can give them their own bars too..
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

CrazyBadger

• Pandas are black, white and asian. Just sayin'.
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »
if you can make ones for elite, hero and rare/ancient  i am going to try to give them their own unittypes, i bet we can give them their own bars too..

Just tell me how many versions or health bars you need, and what colors of health meters (the inner fill, if you will) you want to use (red, orange, purple, green, etc.). Hero monsters have green names correct? So i could make dark green meter for them to sorta keep the look, OR you can keep the text all white and differentiate monster types only by their health bars if you want to go that route and if its doable (read: not too much work).

You are catching my attention CrazyBadger, it looks awesome  :P

I'm glad you like my work, it really keeps me motivated making these.

These pictures are just a mashup/preview, you can put the names, modifiers, affixes etc. anywhere you like Salan (or anyone who'll use these to make the UI) since i believe text is handled differently from images, not sure, don't know. Putting them UNDER the bar could be a good idea.

Progress is semi-slow but its progress. Anyway, I'm off to make more  ;D

CrazyBadger

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »
Haven't done much work lately. Mostly 'cause I'm torn on the way I should take. Such an easy thing giving me headaches; don't want the UI to feel too realistic but still want it to have a gritty,dark feeling. I made several UI elements only to look at them the day after and feeling like i overdid it; so i start from scratch (and i did this 3 times  ::)). It's a bit frustrating but I'll get there.

This post is mainly so the people interested know that I'm still on it. I should really update more often...

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 03:47:21 PM »
The more time you take, the better will be the UI :) I would say just take your time, even if it comes out in 3 months it will be awesome

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 10:19:11 PM »
Hey badger, is this something you want to include in synergies itself or are you looking to keep it as a side project?

also, send me a message if you need help, might be able to bridge some gaps for you.

CrazyBadger

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 08:11:19 AM »
I was thinking of making it in a way: "You can use it but you don't have to. It's still recommended to use it if you use Synergies tho."

Sort of an semi-official Synergies UI that's standalone, a patch if you will.

A side note; so the tiers of monsters are: normal mob, hero, elite, ancient. That's all, right? 4 types?

ytdulu

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 09:38:31 AM »
I was thinking of making it in a way: "You can use it but you don't have to. It's still recommended to use it if you use Synergies tho."

Sort of an semi-official Synergies UI that's standalone, a patch if you will.

A side note; so the tiers of monsters are: normal mob, hero, elite, ancient. That's all, right? 4 types?

I think it should be ONLY in synergies mod with the ability to toggle on/off to use UI.

If you making UI with logic "You can use it but you don't have to. It's still recommended to use it if you use Synergies tho" it will not be synergies mod UI. Just another one UI mod out there with compatibility for synergy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:42:08 AM by ytdulu »
Synergies elite hardcore progress: defeated all bosses up to tier 0,5.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »
I agree ; and it would be nice to have a UI that doesn't compromise the Multiplayer gameplay with people using only Synergies

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »
its up to crazy, if he wants to include it in the mod i can do my best to give him as much credit for it and everything else like that.  If he wants it outside then it'll be likely seen by less and used in other projects is all.

Up to him thou.

CrazyBadger

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2013, 08:26:07 AM »
I'm not against this being used IN Synergies (being included in Synergies). I just didn't want to force people to use it if they use Synergies. Do you get my hesitation? Some folks will inevitably complain how they "don't like it", and "why did you include this in Synergies?" etc. But yeah, if Salan wants this in Synergies, I'm all for it. I'm just a bit careful, 'is all.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2013, 10:55:08 AM »
A switch to toggle on/off would be the best solution then

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2013, 11:28:29 AM »
I'm not against this being used IN Synergies (being included in Synergies). I just didn't want to force people to use it if they use Synergies. Do you get my hesitation? Some folks will inevitably complain how they "don't like it", and "why did you include this in Synergies?" etc. But yeah, if Salan wants this in Synergies, I'm all for it. I'm just a bit careful, 'is all.

yes there is a reason why I stayed away from UI enhancements, its exactly as you say.  If it is a togglable thing then it might work out, if not we'll see.

CrazyBadger

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2013, 01:17:51 PM »
I finally got the monster health bars the way i want them, or rather i see where i want to go with them.

Normal mob:
No glass

Glass

Hero mob:
No glass

No glass

Elite mob:
No glass

Glass

Still working on ancient one, but it wont take much. Need feedback on what looks better, with the glass looking empty part of the bar or just leave it flat looking. I can also change colours of the metal part. My progress trough Tiers of monsters was: Iron > Bronze > Silver > Gold. Might just remove the iron part.

After that I'll polish a li'l bit and move on globes and skill buttons. So, feedback welcome, ideas also, and hope you like.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:22:07 PM by CrazyBadger »