Author Topic: RoD not random  (Read 2561 times)

morutgut

RoD not random
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:36:18 AM »
So i am not sure if this is something only i am encountering as i can not find any posts regarding it but when your character goes into the RoD for the first  time you get a random level but no matter how many times you enter afterwards it will be the same dungeon.
I have tried it with 5 different characters with the same issue. (They have all gotten different levels when they enter RoD for the first time). No way to go to a different level. Not exactly sure if the phase portal takes you to a different level as the only guy (lvl 38 Warrior Monk)I have above level 5 has pirate cove and there are no phase portals there :(.
The only other mods i am using are Far East Pack 1 and Nosfs Respec Only Potion.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: RoD not random
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 12:00:55 PM »
Making it purely randomise breaks mp.   The strps down take you to one randomly selected dungeon.  The problem is for thst dungeon to change you must enter 3 other dungeons and none of rod counts as they don't save.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »
I might change the design a bit
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »
now that i can type from a keyboard and not my phone.

Previously the RoDs were really random, and randomized everytime a player entered teh zone.  The problem was that MP sync was destroyed and anyone joining the zone from a 'teleport to player' would inherently be bugged and unable to play.  So I had to put it back to not remembering the levels.  the issue with this is 2 fold.  1 it doesn't reroll the randomizer without the level decaying, i might be able to make it decay faster.  and 2   the level does not count towards the decay rate unless its saved. ( as far as my testing goes )..  The ember Step hub generally won't reroll its stairs .

what I intend to do is make a stairwell.

This stairwell will either have doors to different RoD zones that are static, or it will contain phasebeasts so its always different.  Etiherway the Embersteps itself will NEVER be random again, it will always bring here you. 

Its the system we have to work within, I can't change the backend on how things work.

morutgut

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »
Well i am happy that i still have a way of making it change the instance by going to 3 other dungeons. I was mortified that i was stuck with just pirate cove and wont be able to play the other levels.

Adding a phase beast would definitely help. I think having the option to jump to different levels where ever you start off is going to be really nice. I was getting pretty sick of pirate cove, running through it for the zillionth time.  :P

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Thatmg7

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 08:06:35 PM »
One thing I would like to see is to be able to warp back to ember steps using town portals, cause it warps to Act 1 town, and the map resets (Currently using this to my advantage by going back to the same floor, the glitch one cause its small to level, really dislike the bosses spawning portals though, I can click by mistake / loot can be near it frustrating, I prefer if it was like kill all enemies red portal spawns in a specific place away from mobs and sends you to next level).

Or your idea of having ROD eventually work as a hub, meaning you enter ROD from ember steps and there are many warps to different areas, (the different maps). Then when you completed x number of maps (of your preference, you can pick the map) the boss portal opens (in the main ROD area) that takes you to a random boss for the kill quests.  (then repeat)

However don't know how much coding that would take to change it

I very big on using town portals and never using the send pet to town. (I dislike it, it takes way 2 long for the pet (10 seconds minimum is all I could wait for not minutes and had a mod in TL1 to make it such)/also I can't store stuff, I know summon chest is a scrolls but I think that's a bit much/cheating)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:08:32 PM by Thatmg7 »