Author Topic: Future Patches  (Read 3011 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Future Patches
« on: December 18, 2012, 04:06:33 PM »
Once I learn how, All future patches will be hosted on this website as well as the other sources.  Here it will be a simple click and download link...

also I will ALWAYS be updating the NEWS on the top right for what version is the current, and a download link for it!
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Mikesla

• It's just another day at the office...
    • Just All in One resource
Re: Future Patches
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »
 Hi Salan.

I hope I am not over stepping my boundaries when I suggest this. The upload file limit should be in your forum settings, currently it is set to 128kb. Once you change it a value that would accept a larger file size, you should be okay. Also make sure in your settings that the type of archive you wish to use is supported as well.

If I have over stepped my boundaries, you can delete this post.

Cheers, and good luck with your forum! A mod this great should have it's own home.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 04:15:27 PM »
pfft overstepping boundries by offering helpful advice? I think not..

actually I am going to host the files directly on the website server, not the forum..  FTP_public whatever ...
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Mikesla

• It's just another day at the office...
    • Just All in One resource
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 04:29:01 PM »
pfft overstepping boundries by offering helpful advice? I think not..

actually I am going to host the files directly on the website server, not the forum..  FTP_public whatever ...

That sounds like a great idea Salan.  ;)

Bojanglez

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
I'm sorry if this is not the right area for this post, idk where to post it. But I was looking for some help with getting this mod to work. I extract it to my PAKS folder just like any other mod, but it just doesn't do anything. There are no changes ingame at all. Thanks for any help in advance

Fizzled

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 02:25:23 PM »
Hey bo, you can probably private message Salan himself about this, he knows all and is a master of .PAK extraction. I would suggest you re-download Synergies, and extract into your .PAK folder again and make sure only data.PAK and data.man.PAK are the only two installed before extracting the Synergies mod into your folder. [/b]  ;D

Bojanglez

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 02:27:25 PM »
I can't have any other mods with the synergies mod?  :'(

Fizzled

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 02:32:51 PM »
I wouldn't recommend it, I probably wouldn't need it either, Salan does great updates and if you send him a personal request, you just might be able to work something out with him if it's within reason. See the Synergies mod is something that will change some things in-game that you normally wouldn't get with standard TL2. It makes gameplay better, adds bosses levels items, you name it. It's awesome, but if there is some must have items, or something you need I would just either post it in the General Discussion area, or the Off Topic area for Salan, he checks all the boards eventually. So get rid of those old files and start playing some REAL TL2 w/ Synergies 8)

Catdog

• Retired Developer
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »
dear Bojanglez.

please have a look at the Synergies Mod Description

Synergies itself is meant to be a standalone. Yet there are many useful mods, that cant be all included into it.
You can use other Mods with Synergies, just set the correct date. Examples of other mods, and the tool to set the right filedate are found here: Part#5 Useful Information. (scroll down, it's atm. under the pictures..)

to get it to work in the first place some ideas..
- make sure to REROLL your world.
- make sure your Torchlight Game is patched up to date!
- make sure Synergies.pak has a newer date than data.pak (usually is, but who knows what happened..)
- no clue about steam related problems..
- if nothing works or you did all right, please return and ask the master! (salan) :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:56:04 PM by Catdog »
“He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
and it was often difficult to tell which was which.”
~So long, and thanks for all the fish!~