Synergies is full conversion and balance mod for Torchlight 2. It is currently the top rated mod in the Steam Workshop, and it has had over 100 content updates!!
This MOD, being a full conversion mod, adds a lot of new content to the game. More specifically it adds :Towns in Synergies
- Synergies adds 2 Custom made towns ( Table Mountain and Selrock) each one of them has it's own specific vendors.Changes to the Balance of the Game
- Reworked difficulty settings. Synergies is built around Veteran and Elite, but the MOD itself is much harder than the Vanilla version of the game
- Random affixes on each monster that you encounter, making them unique.
- Reworked Skill unlock Rate, they unlock at a earlier rate, but take longer to progress between points, ending at or above vanilla standards.
- Reworked Fame Levels, a total of 50 to unlock!
- Reworked Enchantment Stats, lower stat enchants allow for end game progression and better balance.
- Vanilla Characters Skills have begun to be reworked to address the balance changes. We plan to continue tweaking them.
- The ability to store gold and to transfer it between your characters through the money changer!
- The ability to summon your Stashes everywhere
- Respec and Stat potions
- Gear is better, monsters are harder, all bosses are harder.
- Green and Blue magical items have better affix rates, Uniques have better base DPS and Armor.
- Two handed and dual wielding have better bonus's to bring them closer to the benefit of wearing a shield.
- Monsters spawn more numerous throughout the gameCrafting in Synergies
- A whole new crafting system (Soulcrafting), only found in Synergies for end game armor!
- Chaos Ember Crafting
- Craftable Damage absorption gems (up to 7% in DR)Synergies Legendary Items
- Over 300 new Legendary equipment, 30 in general play through, 90 in tier0 content and 240+ in tier1 content!Endgame Dungeons in Synergies
1) Derinkuyu Raid (Tier0)
Derinkuyu is a custom dungeon only found in Synergies. In here you will find 18 Synergies exclusive Bosses that each drop a Synergies Legendary equipment.
Getting to the bosses is really hard because you have to fight your way through hundreds of unique monsters. Each and every one of the portals is guarded by a Guardian Spirit, can you defeat him ?
2) Or'ak Basin Zone (Tier 0.5)
This is the Troll homeland. This place is filled with Ancient Trolls that try to kill you. In here you will find Synergies Legendary equipment and Legendary Skulls in order to make your character stronger, this zone is also subjected to a minor debuff making it harder to progress through without a end game loadout.
3) Darknessfalls Raid (Tier1)
Darknessfalls is an outdoor raid dungeon that will sport all the newest and hardest boss encounters in the dungeon, and be the place where you collect all the highest end game items within synergies. The zone has a 30% debuff to the player allowing for more growth and longevity in the loot searching.Alternative leveling dungeons
4) Realms of Discord Leveling dungeon
The Realms of Discord are a series of small dungeons all chained to each other. It is currently the best place to level up your characters because every monster scales to your level. In here you will find the following levels.
Catacombs, Generic Cave, Desert Cave, Bandit Camp, Gorge, Ice Pass, Sewers, Dwarven Armory, The Nether, Pirate Cove, Crab Trap, levels and 6 Boss fights that have been reworked and added to for Synergies.
5) The Unstable Embers (alternative leveling)
The Unstable Embers are a portal scroll bought in Selrock. Going into the zone and destroying the Crystals you will get to fight a series of Monsters and Bosses. Can you Survive all the waves and make it through this dungeon alive ?
6) Clockwork series of swarm maps
Can be bought from the Selrock vendors as well. Opening a portal to the Clockwork zone. You fight swarms of Champions, or boss monsters or community mercenaries depending on which one you enter. These scale to your level and can be a very interesting and fun alternative means to level.Custom Classes in Synergies
- Synergies offers currently 3 custom Classes, these are :
1) The Necromancer - the spell casting, melee capable minion master is back at it in SynergiesMOD!
2) The Paladin - The close in your face fighting style, being developed by Ghostblade!
3) The Warlock - A duo chargebar using Melee capable spellcaster that is extremely unique in its design. Take on the Nether or Hell itself, play a warlock!
We are currently making plans in order to add more classes to the game. Other Changes
- The ability to find and Summon Mercenaries in order to help you with your fights, found in end game dungeons.
- New HP / Mana and Fame UI
- New pets associated with the Necromancer, Paladin and Warlock
- New Hero monsters
- New Elite monsters
- New Rare Dragons
- New Ancient Trolls
- New Roaming world bosses in the regular play through!
- New avenging AngelsFuture of Synergies
Our goal is to completely convert Torchlight 2's balance into a more unforgiving and exciting experience. Ultimately we want to make an act 5 and likely act 6 for this game. Our Dev team is working on new Textures for models, maps, new classes, new sounds for the characters, and icons for the characters. Expect to be surprised by the quality of our releases and a dev team which is dedicated to being active both in development but community building. On top of that we the creator of this mod, Salan, has worked for over 13 months on this project, sometimes with excessively large updates on a weekly to daily basis.Synergies Useful Links
Synergies Social Media sites http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=3206.msg24205#msg24205
Synergies Rapid Respechttp://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=3440.msg26410#msg26410
A Guide to Synergies http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=3340.0
Synergies Latest Patch Noteshttp://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?board=2.0The current Dev team of Synergies:
Salan - All encompassing mod creator and developer, does everything.
Ghostblade - Class developer, Paladin, then something new.
Strukto - Item developer, currently adding low to mid level legendaries to the general playthrough
Kelintor - Selrock zone developer, reworking his quest hubs and zones
Greatname - Sound Developer, working on spell effects and quest voice overs
MFS88 - Model and texture artist responsible for almost all of the unique models and textures
Hermundure - Artist working on Icons throughout the game
Hampton - Artist that did the portraits for the classes within synergies
Joe Chip - Forum moderator and documentor of all things synergies (like this post)
Rimbaldi - Quest Developer, working on quests, Skill descriptions and over all grammar.
FluffyDough - Website design and programmer Currently awol Dev members of Synergies
Soryuu - Item developer currently away for life needs, but developer of Handcrossbows, throwing daggers, throwing weapons which will be reintroduced to the mod with the Ranger.
Cy - awol texture artist responsible for making the .5 tier texture rework
Nursury - awol texture artist responsible for making most of the necromancer artwork
SupercolidingButton - awol texture artist responsible for making the synergies logo, troll and warbeast retextures in the Troll homelands
Stormchaser - awol texture artist responsible for making the Phoenix tier1 rework
Catdog - awol forum and community moderator
unknown - Awol texture artist responsible for the warlock and necromancer charge bars ( i can't find the original message with whom gave this to me... sigh)
also art work allowed to be used by Attackgorrilla from team torcher includes the 5 rare dragon skins and Drek's skin: https://sites.google.com/site/tl2moddingteamtorcher/WARNING ON MOD CONFLICTS and PERMISSION OF USE OF SYNERGIES IN ANY COMPILATION.
SynergiesMOD adds or changes 18000+ files and is updated in an aggressively active manner. This mod is known to conflict with other large conversions, or compilation mods. Combining use of two large mods seems to work generally in Singleplayer but can cause SYNC issues with Multiplayer where the host of the game crashes to desktop. This is purely a mod conflict. Mods known to conflict with synergies and NOT work in the Multiplayer enviroment: TL2 Essentials (which shares close to 1200+ files with synergies).
Be aware that Synergies BINDS your saves, back up your save before playing synergies if you intend to remove it.