Author Topic: Syngergies Won't Launch  (Read 4823 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Syngergies Won't Launch
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
I knew that launcher was flaky... I wonder how many of our MP conflicts are similar to this.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

TheDivided

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 05:15:52 PM »
@Blue

When I hit "Launch TL2 with mods" nothing happens. The modlauncher just closes. Game doesn't launch AT ALL. No error message, no "TL2 has stopped working" just nothing launches. The game does NOT open when I hit "Launch TL2 with mods". Nothing opens.

AbbyFox

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 05:21:49 PM »
Well.. i did a full re-install of the game... started a few new chars n so far ok.... have Syn up again :D but i did have a strange thing happen... put LOA2 FEP FEP2 and Syn in and.. no mod showed in start screen... closed... put Syn only.. ahh have mod :D.. working ... i thinking yup.. its a launcher issue.. i have all my chars, saves and mods etc backed up so nothing lost so far ... i'll give this a few days of hell to see if mbe i can find a breaking point with the launcher.. ... Thanks Guys for the assist.. i'll keep u posted as to what goes (and does not) :D

Bue

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 06:39:28 PM »
TheDivided, at this point, you may want to look and see if you can find anything on the runic games forums or perhaps the steam forums in case someone else has this issue, but suggested solutions may not be available for you if you only have internet access through your phone.  There is simply not enough information to determine what is happening, and it's something I've not seen myself -- the only other thing I can suggest trying is to run modlauncher with no mods selected after deleting your Torchlight 2 directory under runic games in your My Games folder (if you're on Windows 7 or 8 -- I have no idea where it would be under Vista or XP), which will result (if it doesn't just close again) in vanilla Torchlight basically, except your saves will be stored in the modsave folder.  If that works, click Synergies to add to your mod list.  I can't see Synergies being the root of this problem -- I've run Synergies alone a number of times and never encountered this behaviour.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Regards,
Bue (not Blue  ;) )

AbbyFox

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 12:15:46 AM »
@Bue... I agree... its not a Synergies issue... it other for sure.. im playing with various mods atm to see what happens... So far.. on a clean install of TL2 i have Synergies working fine... LOA2... Touch of Experience both work fine... If i put Far East Preview in the mix it crashes... but.. i dont think its Far East causing the prob...
I'll keep testing... ... my shared stash works fine from back up..
GL TheDivided... a clean install is only part of the fix i think.

AbbyFox

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 02:27:42 PM »
@TheDivided..... do u have a lot of things in your shared stash that are from different mods... ie: Synergies HP and Mana pot.... weps n gears from Far East Preview, Syn, Loa, other mods???? I've been trying different backed up shared stash files and it looks like this could be our crash maker!!!! Can u crash your game when in choosing char screen, that is only in choosing... not going as far as trying to launch?? as in choose chars made with say Mamba then choose one made with another mod??
Im getting a feeling that too many common items with minor changes (name) in major mods and conflicting with each other (In shared stash) kinda making mod launcher have hissy fits trying to work out where everything comes from.... The testing goes on..

AbbyFox

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 03:13:55 PM »
Findings so far.... Far East Preview revisions up to end Oct are fine and working. After this crashes and not loading the mod occur. (Zyph, had some problems with Guts corruption around that time so strong possibility this is a major factor). Far East Pack 2 is fine to most recent version. Synergies to current version is fine. LOA2 is fine.
Items in Shared Stash seem to be another crash trigger (even selecting a char without loading will crash). I have many shared stash saves and... using ones made in November can be a lesson in frustration... ofc.. i have some nice items in there. Most are FEP, Syn and LOA and LOA2 items...
Loading Mamba mods will only work with earlier stashes.
Arcania is the same.
btw.... a lot of my crashes were related to "oakwood.jpg" but Zyph pulled that out in November i believe.
So.. atm.. all is working fine.. building up my collections again and even better... Able to play again  ;D

Is there a way of opening/viewing the contents of shared stash without loading in the game... will guts allow editing of contents??

Hope this has been some help guys.

donghai1264

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 05:35:49 AM »
I had met this error too, and found solution for my case.
* Right click on the Torchlight2.exe ---> Properties ---> In General Tab, in attributes part unstick "Read-only", in security part stick "Unclock"
Hope this is useful to you!!!
Sorry for my English  :-[