Author Topic: prismatic bolts +barbed mobs  (Read 1469 times)

mayainverse

prismatic bolts +barbed mobs
« on: December 08, 2013, 12:08:36 AM »
this is kind of op right now. 1 cast of prismatic bolts on a mob with the barbed affix does nearly 70% of my hp in 1 hit. i pretty much have to wait for any mob in area to lose the buff before i can cast at all. is this intented just curious.

Taran

Re: prismatic bolts +barbed mobs
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:03:30 AM »
Ya i brought this up with Salan about a week back. PB build in HCE is out of the question because of this. The only thing you can do right now is  use a different skill when you see a monster with this buff on.
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 01:15:49 PM »
I made those damage amounts so miniscule because of this.   Its more of a build problem because the build relies on only 1 spell for damage with generally no real fall back.  I've nerfed those affixes into the ground already, I can't go any further and have them still in the game.

The affixes have the graphics on the monster for visual warning right?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Taran

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:23:51 PM »
Ya you can easily tell what has barbed on it. On my PB mage i just use another skill when i see them. What ends up killing the mage Salan is the PB build uses Ice Fire and Lit proc when it hits...so you end up being damaged for each of those and not only that but PB hits 6 times at higher lvls....and if ice fire or lit procs on all 6 of them that means you are being hit back 12 times lol. So the only solution is to make sure you are using a different skill on monsters with Barbed on it. On HCE this just means you have to watch out what is coming at you and just not spam. Its kind of funny to to see barbed own a PB mage though. I had a lvl 18 HCE PB mage and it died firing at 4 monters with Barbed...on one skill. I actually did laugh. Next time through i came across that i just used my Icy Blast and killed them instead. Not a huge deal..just means you have to pay attention.
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera