Author Topic: The one proc build!  (Read 54447 times)

Mutant_Kid

Re: The one proc build!
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2016, 07:12:37 PM »
Awesome just wanted to confirm what you had in page 1 for BiS was still what is recommended. I've read the entire post and am basing my warlock on your work. You've told us what you have as base stats so that's enough for stat distribution. So far I don't have all the items on the BIS but I've temporarily put something else in its place and doing pretty good in DF. Mana missles is pretty OP with FCR.
Anyone ever try any of the 3 summons? I've played with them while leveling and they were doing decent damage then with only 1 point in them vs Rod.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2016, 02:15:58 AM »
Awesome just wanted to confirm what you had in page 1 for BiS was still what is recommended. I've read the entire post and am basing my warlock on your work. You've told us what you have as base stats so that's enough for stat distribution. So far I don't have all the items on the BIS but I've temporarily put something else in its place and doing pretty good in DF. Mana missles is pretty OP with FCR.
Anyone ever try any of the 3 summons? I've played with them while leveling and they were doing decent damage then with only 1 point in them vs Rod.

Any summon is rather useless in DF due to the same problem Minions have always had: Bad AI, Slow attack speed, Low damage

Even if you use a Necromancer and minion build it won't do any good at all, sure, 1 point might seem like a good idea, but when they actually don't do anything, then 1% chance to cast any of the passives becomes more valuable, not to mention that if you do use summons you end up losing DPS due to bosses moving towards the minions instead so you end up missing with your Mana Missiles, and since minions can't even do enough damage to measure up to 1 cast of Mana Missiles, they become utterly useless.

After Salan did some changes to the Warlock minions i was hoping they would become useful, but for DF they are still useless even after he increased their stats.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Mutant_Kid

« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2016, 06:05:42 AM »
yeah while leveling up in RoD I had all 3 summoned just for fun and actually they did pretty good. Many times I just stood there and watched them take down the 3 sisters fairly fast. But I get that DF is a different ballgame. It's a shame that summons so far in synergies aren't good enough. I miss the old D2 days when a lagmancer joined and wrecked a good ol baal run lol.

Wig

« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2016, 06:01:11 AM »
Hi Miothan,

Firstly thanks for a great build. It really is amazing. I just have a couple of questions for you. Endgame full set, are u gemming with bouncy betties and do you still use the convey fire dmg on the wep.  Another question is do you think it is worth considering the glacial spike proc gems on the wep? Or is raks talon just too good.

Is there a chance you could give final stats as I know your game knowledge far outweighs most of ours xD

Wig

« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2016, 08:31:51 AM »
Nevermind I have read the rest of this post I was using the previous next buttons not looking at the numbered pages like a title

Miothan

« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2016, 07:05:25 PM »
do you think it is worth considering the glacial spike proc gems on the wep? Or is raks talon just too good.

No, the only time in the game where Glacial Spike proc is to be considered using, is when you do T0/T0.5 content, and can be used if you really want to when you are progressing in Darkness Falls, but for DF progress i recommend Skull of Nalas as that stacks up about ~1mil damage over 5 seconds (i think its 5 seconds, forgot since i haven't played in a while :P), while i do think it is reduced by enemy DR and armor it should still out damage glacial Spike (that is not a certainty tho, i have not tested it: Nalas vs. Glacial Spike).

Glacial Spike was used WAY WAY back when the SynergiesMOD was rather new, and back then it was doing excellent damage, due to that it was changed by Salan and ever since, it has been rather "meh" and even bad, it's decent for T0/T0.5 but for DF it really does too low dmg.

I did try to see what kind of damage Skull of Nalas does, but TL2's combatlog doesn't actually show anything related to DoT damage in it, which means we can't know the numbers dot's actually do on enemies unless we use the GUTS tool which enables you to build mods on your own and mess around with coding etc, but as i have no experience and no desire to do that, i haven't :P
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

taxyo

The one proc build!
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2017, 02:14:09 PM »
not sure if anyone is still playing this build or not, but I've been trying to piece information together here and there, and cant for the love of someone keep my mana active when playing through DK?

I had better dmg output with random leveling uniques with the ice dmg% enchant than I do with any gear Im rocking with now in DK, wether it be the adamant gear or frozen north.

Is there any enchant I'm missing, or is there any change that has been done?

Miothan

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2017, 04:51:31 PM »
not sure if anyone is still playing this build or not, but I've been trying to piece information together here and there, and cant for the love of someone keep my mana active when playing through DK?

I had better dmg output with random leveling uniques with the ice dmg% enchant than I do with any gear Im rocking with now in DK, wether it be the adamant gear or frozen north.

Is there any enchant I'm missing, or is there any change that has been done?

To see if Salan changed anything else than what was stated in the patch notes i went on to my "Starter Gear Suggestion" geared Warlock character which has exactly the items i suggest ppl start out DK with, and i did not have any problem killing bosses, it is slower than before due to the HUGE nerf in the recent patch, but no-matter which build you use, you will deal less damage as a Warlock since he nerfed the times procs can proc per second, and it also seems as if the missiles from Mana Missiles which split have been affected as well (not sure how, just seems to have been nerfed).

What i always do is to use the biggest mana potion and Mana Field, you should have no big issues with mana if you keep up potion and also use Mana Field on cooldown, If you use Dervish then i can see how you end up with mana problems since you can't sustain the mana expenditure, but that is one of the causes from the recent nerf: Fights lasts longer for the Warlock.

Overall the nerf means about a 50-60% damage nerf to the damage we deal as Warlocks, in DF killing bosses as a Warlock now takes about 3 times as long as it did before the nerf. If you want to really feel like you are progressing towards a good character i would just go with a Berserker, it is the most awesome Synergies class atm, and it's abilities just works so well together, and imo it's fun just for the fact you don't have to constantly worry about healing, which is a fuckin stupid thing in synergies where only the Berserker and Warlock has a good heal.

If you like the caster arch-type Warlock is still the best one for Synergies, it's annoying, but the class balance in Synergies is non-existent, but as it is a 1man project, it's something to be expected since class balance takes up a TON of time and Salan hasn't even added in all the content that he wants to add yet from my understanding, so meanwhile, just play the way that makes you happy, if the Warlock nerf makes you unhappy, i would just play another class, or perhaps add another mod to make the game more fun :)

P.S: Even with the recent dmg nerf which was quite a big nerf, Warlock is still the 2nd best class for DF and holds the 2nd place for damage in DF (should tell you a little about class balance :P).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:56:38 PM by Miothan »