Author Topic: Bosses Difficulty - Important  (Read 3948 times)

wolfs

Bosses Difficulty - Important
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »
Ive noticed something so far, Bosses are quite too easy, Im playing thru the game Legit/Untwinked-Elite but this is really bothering me and my friends a lot, because we go thru all the game and enjoy everything, reach the midboss or final boss and its so easy compared to the leveling/questing experience.

Did the following testings with new chars, so tested in Act 1 elite:

- rushing thru, not questing, not taking time to gear up and getting to grell underleveled, takes like 15 mins to kill him using a reasonable amount of potions and not dying. Char under test: Embermage solo 

- not rushing thru, questing, not taking time to gear up and getting to grell at the appropiate level or maybe 1-2 levels over, takes like 6 minutes to kill him, rarely using potions (like1 or 2) not dying. Char under test: Berserker solo

_not rushing thru, questing, taking time to gear up and enjoying the game a lot, getting to grell at the appropiate level or maybe 1-2 levels over, takes 1-2 mins and no pots no fun no deaths just a simple monster. Char under test: Berserker solo

**Now feel our point, when we play duo or trio, too easy, even for solo shouldnt be like this**

I keep finding elites, that die slower than him or just are more difficult to kill due the enviroments/mobs or area you fight with them. The game difficulty is good and enjoyable until bosses, they are easy. Elites are harder while leveling/questing most of the time.

SUGGESTION:
-Raise their HP 75%-100% (i wouldnt mind if they have their HP duplicated)
-Increase their overall dmg 15%-25% (hits and skills)

I feel like we should enjoy the gearing and farming effort even in a minor scale to be able to go thru a boss, after all, it doesnt make sense that you went thru a hard adventure to find yourself at the final challenge and its not significantly harder or its even easier than the adventure.

I just dont imagine how easy is in lower difficulties.

Ill be waiting for a reply, good day, to all the community.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Bosses Difficulty - Important
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:35:14 PM »
ahh you mean the general playthrough bosses.. I have updated them a few times in the past but maybe your right its time for them to get a bit of a facelift.. I am concentrating on boss encounters right now so maybe I can do something with this to make playthrough a lot more enjoyable.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »
You have only beaten Grell ! Wait until you see the final act 3 boss on synergies elite : a real pain ! Act1 is easy, Act2 starts to be hard, Act3 is very hard, and the final boss is really damn hard to kill.

But yeah, especially in multiplayer (I have no idea how the multiplier apply to monsters when there are several players), bosses are easy in act 1

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 06:27:19 PM »
Potter does have a point, most people who cry OP and out of balance are judging the first 20 levels of play.. where things are intentionally easier, until you hit frosted hills ;)
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

wolfs

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 07:02:24 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Actually, the test was done in a1, if you read carefully... never said I only played act1.
Im talking overall, the game, If you solo, and gear yourself average its "Hard" to progress as you guys stated, but still, the bosses are not any harder than what you went thru to get there, but when multiplayer. Bosses are easier than they should, you guys didnt read carefully what I said... The difficulty of the mod is fine, its just the bosses in comparison of the whole act that are not. They are way too easy and fast to kill.  (And by bosses I mean all the Orange named monsters, not sure how are qualifyed the monster)

Thanks Salan for the reply also, really appreciate.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 07:04:06 PM »
I understood your meaning don't worry.  But you have to understand that people do come to complain about challenge then we find out they are level 10 on normal difficulty and complaining about necromancer pets not dieing...

it happens a lot :)

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 03:09:21 AM »
Well i guess it really depends on your char. I've died like 7 times with my emberquake engineer to defeat the Netherking on Elite (i had not enough survivability, i should have weared some reflect items). What build are you using after the act 1 ?

Hphaistos

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 01:28:52 PM »
i agree with Salan and potterman.

But you can try those 2 goodys..

Epic Mod Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202515774&searchtext=epic

Torch-Online Mod Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225827239

Epic mod is for Solo or relax multiplayer and fun
Torch-Online is only for multiplayer.
Have fun....

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 04:04:08 PM »
i will likely look at the mp graphs to make sure the mod is still competitive in the MP, i remember changing how it all worked originally.

I'll check it to make sure its not "too" easy for MP games compared to solo.

wolfs

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 03:08:37 PM »
UPDATE

Wait until you see the final act 3 boss on synergies elite : a real pain ! Act1 is easy, Act2 starts to be hard, Act3 is very hard, and the final boss is really damn hard to kill.

Act1 Boss Regent = around 1 min - no pots sometimes But do useda few pots in other attempts.
Act2 boss Siege= around 1 min (he moves a lot and had to chase him) - no pots zerker/1 pot engineer
Act3 boss Titan = around 15 seconds - no pots - Duo engineer/berzerker  (I have to say here, we went thru this act really fast, could have gotten easily 5 more lvls and better gear)
Act4 boss Alchemist= around 15 seconds each phase -  no pots - Duo engineer/berzerker

Bosses get more dissapointing everytime, easier and last less each fight, its not about how much dmg they deal (because they do hurt no vita builds I've seen), they just have such lame HP; the zerker dont even deal good dmg, its a tank.

So again I suggest, 15% dmg buff and 300%hp buff on elite atleast.

Today we are going after netherking, we'll see how it goes.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 03:44:02 PM »
Potterman is working through the bosses, i'll be helping him and we're going to rejig the fights completely and put them in the mod.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »

So again I suggest, 15% dmg buff and 300%hp buff on elite atleast.

Bosses don't need a buff on dmg nor on HP ; they need a buff on the way they behave. They have to force you to not DPS them at times. They really have to threaten you and make you incomfortable so you have to avoid their attacks from time to time ; that's what i'm looking for by changing bosses fights. I've just posted a video of an idea of what the Grell's new fight will look like, just visit it and feel free to tell any ideas that come to your mind to improve it : http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=4374.0

wolfs

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 03:01:31 PM »
Sounds good to me, but on the video i saw nothing interesting to be honest(sorry) just a preboss that doesnt make much difference within the "multiply" mod in other bosses, but anyways, ill be waiting for something.

Another question.... Why... Why on earth did you guys nerfed war titan!?

Just yesterday we found a fun boss to fight, the only that didnt lasted a few seconds and actually did competitive damage....  : /   

Im hoping with the nerf he got a new mod or something? he teles around or something to compensate? '-'  Sorry if im starting to be annoying lol but my friends and I like the mod so much and looking forward for competetitive fun stuff.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
On the video there are also the fire mages, you can't neglect them. Usually I don't die a single time fighting Grell ; there I died once and was about to be killed two other times.

Delta

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 03:27:44 PM »
I really can't echo this enough. I mean players want challenge. Without that, they wont stay. I mean you can already use Selrock and travel to wherever to get stronger gear so you own whatever act your in. The only time you actually have to face the challenge of dying is in Realm of Dischord, and the probability of that when your in a group is small. Wolf and I did the Wartitan together, I wasn't even wearing a shield on Outlander most of the time. I did die once but also my level was showing up as level 1. Wolfs didn't die, but had some challenge tanking him. If there was a 3rd person it probably would have been too easy.

Part of what makes games interesting and slightly addictive is that to progress you need to find better gear. This really doesn't exist when leveling the different Acts. I mean you find stuff and buy gear from town but with crappy stuff you can take out Grell and most mini bosses. Especially with Rejuvination pots. IMO the ACT bosses should be much harder. Have Unique items above your level drop on mini bosses and make rejuvination pots more integral to the game, especially if you are trying to solo.