Author Topic: Minion tracker  (Read 4786 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Minion tracker
« on: February 21, 2014, 05:08:07 AM »
ok.. so its in!

What do you think?

ISSUES I KNOW OF:

a monster can spawn and die before it adds, but will still subtract.. no way around it really...       
once in a while the count will go up 1 extra, rarely, very rarely, spores did it in my training, it threw off the count a lot worse then being 1 under as it didn't reset at 0.

MULTIPLAYER with 2 necromancers won't work with the counts, right now they target the base class and everyone .. not OWNERS, will work on that for the next update.

Right now it tracks

skeletons
zombies
spores
deathdolls
infernals

what should it track?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

SamNash

Re: Minion tracker
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:52:41 AM »
Can it also track the big 3 summons that the necro gets as well? when things get crazy which is often I lose sight of my fury and lich since they arent that big and sometimes I'll go for a bit without knowing they have died or their timer ran out

pywack

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 08:21:32 AM »
My feedback about minion tracker. I was playing Necro yesterday and after 3 entries to Clockwerk Castle those are the numers my tracker was showing.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLn-sTYfyKBBjjfZvTYOYYA

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 01:13:40 PM »
thanks pyw.   Its still a very alpha skill in working the kinks out.

I think the biggest issue si that the monsters have to cast a skill for the plus 1 to work on summon.  I tried adding the +1 in the skill itself but it didn't work because the +1 from skill would take effect before the -1 from the unit dieing that it was replacing.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Scrotie79

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 01:33:06 PM »
So I rolled up a new necro yesterday and tested out the minion tracker. The first thing I noticed was that it was often miss counting the number of current summons I had. Frequently it would not track when a minion had died so I would be thinking that my summons where still alive when in fact they were not. I realize that the tracker is still in it's alpha stage so it may take some time working all the kinks out of it, but the fact that there is a minion tracker is still something. :)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 01:52:32 PM »
when your tracker wasn't tracking kills was the monster really far from you?

it uses a damage shape, im not sure if the shape will track around objects or over gaps and such..
its tricky to get it to work at all :(

pywack

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »
Ranks of my skills.

Spores: 6
Dolls: 5
Zombies: 10
Skeletons: 10

I've noticed that number of minions was correct at my first entry to Clockwerk. At second time the numer of spores and dolls get double and at 3rd time tripled. Maybe not exact but next time I've entered it was existing number + new ones. So it was acting like those from round before never died or they were hiding somewhere.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 05:03:35 PM »
OOOH i know what that is, its because they die when you zone and probably never cast their spell... hmmm how to fix that.. will have to make them live through the zone in i guess.

Scrotie79

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 09:44:19 PM »
when your tracker wasn't tracking kills was the monster really far from you?

it uses a damage shape, im not sure if the shape will track around objects or over gaps and such..
its tricky to get it to work at all :(

Not always. On a few occasions the summon would be right in my face (as it were) I just could not see much of what was going on due to my graphics card being bent out of shape from too many spell effects going on at once.

Ranks of my skills.

Spores: 6
Dolls: 5
Zombies: 10
Skeletons: 10

I've noticed that number of minions was correct at my first entry to Clockwerk. At second time the numer of spores and dolls get double and at 3rd time tripled. Maybe not exact but next time I've entered it was existing number + new ones. So it was acting like those from round before never died or they were hiding somewhere.

While I was not in the same area I had also encountered this also. 

You'll figure it all out Salan, I am rooting for you. :D

SamNash

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 08:29:08 AM »
We are all rooting for you! This will be really helpful once its figured out. I'm sure we all understand how much work goes into everything you guys do

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 12:47:36 PM »
The minion tracker is a biatch to say the least, lots of things have to be altered to make it work right, i'll get to it shortly once im done these embermage tweaks.

I suspect zoning borks it, as well as monsters dieing before they register a +.. monsters moving too far away when dieing likely don't subtract...

will figure it out.

Astasia

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 09:40:43 PM »
I made a new necromancer and every time I leveled up or put points in a minion skill it would mess up the counter. Like the tracker wasn't registering the "old" weaker pet as being replaced by a new stronger one, and since it no longer existed it would never get subtracted from the counter when the stronger pets died. Very quickly I was having the tracker tell me I had 4-5 skeletons when I could still only cast one.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 11:15:55 PM »
Interesting.. I'll see what I can do about that.. hmm

Shadowe

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
Could you add Master Summons to the minion tracker?

I know it only spawns 1 in cases such as the Lich, but even playing on Low Pop alot of the time there is so much going on on-screen that we cannot distinguish which summons are alive and which arent, even the bigger summons such as the Lich is hard to keep track of in battle.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 11:24:53 PM »
ya I can't see why not... I'll try to put that in