Author Topic: 732+ DEV NOTES  (Read 3798 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: 732+ DEV NOTES
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »
embermage is the class, and has 3 spammable skills at tier1. 

Ice page has a 2.4 second cool down on their tier2 AOE hailstorm
Lightning page has a 3 second cool down on their tier2 PBAOE thunderstorm
Fire has no cooldown on their MELEE mace.

I can't say I agree with the analogy that I need to move the skill simply because of its cooldown.   The debuff to the skill page is 10x better used in the lower tiers then in the higher teirs as well. 

Also to note is that while Thunderstorm currently maintains 3 second cooldown from start to finish, its not changing, hailstorm does not start with a debuff attached to it, but its debuff doubles that of thunderstorms once it maxes out.

The real issue is that you do not like Pbolt, and want something to use with the skill due to your subjective dislike for the first spammable skill, correct?
And you feel that the next spammable is way down the line, also correct?

Again looking at ice tree, ICE WAVE is tier5, while ARC BEAM is only tier4...  why overlook ARC BEAM as a spammable lightning skill, at a lower tier then the next ice one available?

And then obviously we have shock bolts in tier6 yet no more spammable attacks in ice at all. 

tier1, 4, 6 spammable Lightning attacks
tier2 3second recast debuff/attack
tier3 static ground clutter (locus)
tier5 survival skill.
tier7 static defense orb

Ice has

tier1, 5 spammable ice attacks
tier2 2.4 to 1second recast debuff/attack
tier3 teleport with damage
tier4 damage buff skill
tier6 survival wall skill that can do damage
tier7 pet summon

When considering the difference on the tree's Lightning is still heavier on spammable attacks then ice, and they don't all need to be in the start of the skill tree just because we dislike the one that is there.

People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 08:22:51 PM »
another very valid point about thunderstorm is that the tendrils on the ground can hit multiple targets, and a single target can be hit by multiple tendrils.  On top of this you regularly will still have tendrils roaming around very close to the cooldown timer being reactivated.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 09:06:26 PM »
Yeah, I get wanting to stick with one tree, but I don't think the Embermage was really designed that way. For example, Frost Phase is pretty much their only mobility skill, so it's essential.

Taran

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 11:45:14 PM »
Frost phase is the only skill i use in all my mage classes. And sticking with 1 tree with mage is awesome. A pure frost mage for example is probably one of the most OP builds in the game lol. Nothing even gets close to me before i destroy it with frost wave. It is one of the few classes i can own just about any world boss with. Fire mage is pretty fun and does the most damage versus 1 monster...handling groups is a bit more challenging. Lit mage is fun too but can also be challenging if done wrong. I like the new skills put in as i said...but i think it kind of forces a pbolt build until a bit higher lvls. I do love the last skill now...i think it works great as a shield and it seems you also adjusted shocking bolts to actually hit an area then spread out..this makes it easier to hit groups of enemies further away..this was definitely a good change. I guess my only complaint is forcing a person to use pbolt until they can access a spammable  skill.
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera

Jandles

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »
Would have much preferred Prismatic Bolt be removed over Shocking Burst (seems like the latter is a much more interesting skill, while the former is just...kind of bland and too powerful). Though that being said, PB still has great synergy with the Brand passives, so I guess it would have been a mistake to remove that.

BlooDLotuS

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 06:08:50 PM »
Just recently played TL2 again with a friend, been a while.
See this thread is old, can't help but posting, if it's still ongoing, I guess every bit helps?

By the sounds of it, Thunderstorm sounds cool, can't watch the vid, so would love a screenshot.
I wouldn't remove Shocking Burst, it's tooo a fun skill, underpowered, but awesome.

Would be nice if Death's Bounty could be tier 1 earlier...

Finally, I think Frost Phase should be turned into a 'Prismatic' Skill I.e instead of Ice visual, you get a more neutral white-ish/rainbowish flash or at least purplish, and let it deal 'prismatic damage' (fire+ice-lightning).
WAY better theme fitting as it's a skill no EM should be without, yet, if you want to make a pure fire/lightning build, frost on one skill seems SO out of place.
Ditto for Immolation Aura...