Author Topic: Mythos  (Read 3320 times)

NotEpoch

• King of Trolls
Mythos
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:07:35 AM »
After much reconsidering, we've decided to change the name of the mod and several aspects.
Here's the general idea:

4 new classes:
All classes will utilize synergies between skills where either skills become more powerful as points are invested into other skills or skills trigger unique effects when combined with other skills.

Pharaoh utilizing Egyptian mythology
Focus on staves, wands, and gods.

Charge system: Maat
Still working on a suitable system to coincide with this concept. Expect some sort of 'balancing act' revolving around mana.

Myrmidon utilizing Greek mythology
Focus on offensive (1hand weapons), defensive (shields), and gods.

Charge system: Hubris
Whenever a God skill is used, hubris is generated. As hubris increases, your hero gains additional benefits offensively and defensively. If hubris reaches max, your character is penalized and weakened drastically for one minute. Hubris does not decay over time but there is an innate % chance on killing enemies to reduce your hubris.

Einherjar utilizing Norse mythology
Focus on 2 hand weapons, bows, and gods.

Charge System: Blood Frenzy
Whenever you take damage, blood frenzy builds. God skills cost blood frenzy to use instead of mana. As your blood frenzy bar increases, you receive offensive benefits but your defense is weakened.

Medeoulin utilizing Native American mythology.
Focus will be on dances/trances, nature, and gods (summons).

Charge system: Dream State
Whenever you use a non-god skill you generate dream state. Upon reaching max, you can use a God skill to summon an ally for a duration. God skills cannot be used without being in dream state. Multiple gods can be summoned at a time but only 1 skill can be used per dream state.

We do intend to integrate more mythology based classes from other cultures later

Other generic information
Massive amounts of new weapon/armor models.
New encounters (with new models).
New animations.
3 new acts with a complete story line and "Open-world" concept. Our objective is not to push the player down a linear path, but instead open areas and story arcs that are optional towards the campaign.
New "skill" tree associated with the story arc. All characters will be given a new tree that will populate with skills as the player makes decisions throughout the new acts. Once you make one decision, it will lock you from other options that were available. There is a very specific theme we are working on here and will reveal more information later.
UI overhaul.
Mercenaries.
And a plethora of other stuff I'll reveal later.
Complete Synergies compatibility

I'll update this post as more information becomes available and we complete aspects of the mod.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:14:06 AM by NotEpoch »

NotEpoch

• King of Trolls
Re: Mythos
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »
Couple models being added. No, I did not make these models nor did I texture them. I just spent an extensive amount of time converting them to a format that could be utilized for TL2. All credit for these models belongs to Hi-Rez studios and their amazing team of 3d modelers and artists. Pretty dang fantastic work they do.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:49:33 PM by NotEpoch »

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 06:12:10 AM »
It looks cool :)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 03:29:23 AM »
that's awesome, where can I find more info on the mod?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

GulyFMG

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 05:44:05 AM »
That skeleton shield for my necro would be awesomeeeeeeee

NotEpoch

• King of Trolls
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 01:28:44 PM »
I'm pretty much isolating all information to here for now.

On another note, I've been in the hospital for 2 days. Little Achilles is finally out and pooping like a champ.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:06:10 PM by NotEpoch »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 02:39:09 PM »
Will Make you a sub forum whenever you want
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

NotEpoch

• King of Trolls
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 08:53:50 PM »
Thanks buddy. Greatly appreciate it.

NotEpoch

• King of Trolls
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 12:52:58 AM »
Just a small update on progress.

I added a plethora of weapons to the mod today and began adding armor. Armor is much more time consuming to add, so this step will take a while.
Classes are in but the skills are still being finished. Lots more work to do here, but hopefully I can get them mostly finished within a month or so.

Here are some photos of some of the work I added. Some items still need a little resizing and adjustments. Enjoy.

Here are a couple pieces of armor I'm working on getting added:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:03:52 AM by NotEpoch »

BlackKisses720

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »
I hope this gets finished, the character classes sound awesome. :o

NotEpoch

• King of Trolls
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 01:28:52 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. I've been chipping away at several skills recently for the myrmidon and einherjar. I'll update the original post soon with further information.

Salan, could I get a subforum so I can distribute information a little cleaner moving forward?

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 08:44:28 AM »
Really looking forward to seeing what you do with this :D

Shadowzyn

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »
This sounds awesome.  I'm very excited to see where this goes...now if only they would raise the 10 MOD limit...
Groovy...

Shadowe

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 11:04:42 PM »
Will this be intended for after you beat the game, but before you get to endgame? Usually when you beat the game you have to do runs, even with synergies....

Or will it be open from the start and intended to be an alternitave to the main campaign from the beginning?

Or will this be end game (lvl 100)?

Will monsters scale with level or have level specific areas?

Personally, I think it should be ment to be like a act 6 or 7 after Salan finishes his act 6 or whatever. After you beat the game you are usually level 50 or so and have to do runs. This would eliminate that need and give you a whole new quest line/story for the level 50 - 100 part....

NotEpoch

• King of Trolls
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 05:42:17 PM »
I intend for it to be post-act 4. The campaign will scale with player level, providing options from 50 to 100 and replayability.