Author Topic: LAO 2.0 conflict?  (Read 1946 times)

madbad4eyedchad

LAO 2.0 conflict?
« on: April 06, 2014, 10:11:55 PM »
LAO 2.0 doesn't work with my Synergies 2.0
This is why I use 1.2 but I prefer to use the later version.

It seems like it prevents synergies from loading.

My mod order is

2h to 1h
LAO 2.0
Arkham
Syn High Loot
Synergies

Any help? Is there something I should do?
Is there something wrong with what I am doing?

Thank you.

Cpt Koons

Re: LAO 2.0 conflict?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:29:57 AM »
I think you're right in thinking that the issue is between LAO and Synergies. LAO completely redoes the loot table throughout the whole game. Unfortunately so does synergies.

I don't think you are going to be able to get them to run together without causing some really weird interactions in the game.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:45:33 AM »
I was playing Synergies with LAO 2.0 Chaos edition some time ago. I think the conflict is between High Loot and LAO actually.

Basically, the general method to debug it, is to desactivate one by one every mods until it works ; and then, you reactivate every mods but the least you have desactivated. If it works, then you have solved the conflict, and you know what mod is conflicting.

Larecjv

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 06:03:16 AM »
My mod order is

2h to 1h
LAO 2.0
Arkham
Syn High Loot
Synergies
Thank you.

I would personally change the mod order to
1. 2h to 1h
2. Syn High Loot
3. Arkham
4. Synergies
5. LAO x.x

The order has to do with priorities, the top mod will override the settings of the following mods provided one of those mods has a change to the same subject.  So setting Synergies higher than LAO with make sure the game will use the changes from Synergies rather than LAO when it deals with changes that overlap in the 2 mods.  Hope it helps and please ask further if you got questions.

EDIT:  And please make sure you use the latest version of the mods, a good tip is checking RGF and the Steam sites regularly for updates.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:10:12 AM by Larecjv »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 12:56:09 PM »
I don't know if putting LAO below synergies will do much, they change a lot of the same files, and that would basically overwrite the LAO usefulness.  Of course at the same time with LAO above your running into an issue with the files somewhere.

I dunno likely both mods use the same file, in different ways, and it causes the issue.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**