Author Topic: How to include any mods you want INTO synergies (so you can play multi)  (Read 5594 times)

potterman28wxcv

EDIT : check my list below of mods that I know it works, and those I know or am almost sure it doesn't.

I've finally found it ! It should work with any mod, as long as it's only changing things on your own (just like the good old times !).

What it does : it creates a false synergies.mod file, who contains of course Synergies, but also anything you want into it. The idea is to change the ID and the version of your mod, to have the same as synergies, so the game thinks your mod is Synergies, and you're able to play with the other guys who have only synergies mod.

Now, the step by step.

What do you need :
  • You need GUTS. You can install it via steam, on library->tools. You don't especially need to have bought TL2 via steam, to download GUTS.
  • The mods you want, have to be downloaded (done automatically by steam, as long as you don't have more than 50 mods subscribed)
  • Write down somewhere the current version of Synergies. You can know it by launching Torchlight II, and selecting SynergiesMOD
I will call $dmf$ the "downloaded mod folder" : so where your mods are downloaded. Mine are downloaded in C:\Users\your_username\Documents\My Games\Runic Games\Torchlight 2\mods .

I also call $cmf$ the "created mod folder". So it's where GUTS will store your mods. For me, it's in D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Torchlight II\mods (i've set the steam library to be on an external drive. But basically, it's where every steam games are downloaded).

Now, the step by step :
  • Make a backup of $dmf$/synergies/synergies.mod . This method seems to ununderstandably corrupt it. So it's just to make sure that you don't have to download again synergies if you want to use retail synergies again. Move your backup in another folder than $dmf$
  • Open GUTS, and name your project the name you want, it doesn't matter. I will assume you have named it "mod_synergies"
  • Compile your project one time, then leave GUTS
  • open $cmf$/mod_synergies/mod.dat with notepad ; modify <INTEGER64>MOD_ID:whateverishere with <INTEGER64>MOD_ID:136232408
  • modify <INTEGER>VERSION:whateverishere with <INTEGER>VERSION:current version of synergies minus 2 . So if the current version of synergies is 836, put VERSION:834
  • on GUTS, select Pak/mod unpacker ; unpack $dmf$/synergies/synergies.mod into $cmf$/mod_synergies
  • do the same for every mods you want to add : reduced_particles, a personnalized HUD, etc..
  • on the building menu, change the mod name to "SynergiesMOD", and build it. Do not even tick " Publish on steam" ; it will likely make your guts crash because a mod with the same ID is already on steam
Then, if everything went ok (that is a strong hypothesis), you are done with it ! Just select again SynergiesMOD (be sure the author isn't Salan ; if it's Salan, then you have selected the "non modified" synergies mod), and you are now able to play with other players with any personnalization you want !

If it's not ok because you had the "out of memory" error or other strange guts things, you have to change again the mod.dat file, and try building again.

Just, remember one thing : every odd compatibility bugs we had in the preguts versions will come back. So you have to be extremely careful when choosing mods you want to integrate. The basic rule is that if the mods change game data, then you will likely crash when trying to join other games, and others will crash when trying to join your game. Let's avoid that.

Use only mods that change the texture, or mods that add that one HUD you prefer. Mods that add gameplay stuff won't work (logical).

Let's make our Torchlight II the prettier possible and be able to play multiplayer !

(if anyone experiences crashes when logging in other games, let me know, by posting what mods you have integrated into synergies)

Of course, whenever Salan posts a new version of Synergies, you will have to build again your mod, to make sure the game thinks you're in the same version[/size]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:24:09 PM by potterman28wxcv »

potterman28wxcv

I'm sure these mods work :
I'm almost sure the followings don't work :
  • Unique beams (i think it's actually adding properties to unique items, and thus, there's a conflict when you synchronize the items)
If you're too lazy to do it, here is my version with the mods listed above (without Unique Beams of course) : https://www.mediafire.com/?2wdd2oup4n2suin (version 1322, compiled the 27/03/2016)

And here is what it looks like :

(current version (forum) : v. 923)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:57:02 AM by potterman28wxcv »

potterman28wxcv

Added LurkerHUD and More Hotkeys to the list of mods that doesn't make multiplayer disconnections

Avored

Thanks!
It helped me alot  :D

potterman28wxcv

I'm glad it helped you  :) if you have tried any mods, please post it here so i can update the list of working mods  ;)

potterman28wxcv

Added Fish Details, Restat potions (be careful not to trade them though), and Free Entrance Resurection to the list

2L8

• King of Fools
What would/will happen, if I put "Xev's Pet Mod" to the Synergiesmod file (for example)?
Would I run around with an invisible Pet, just like it happened a long time ago, when I used a pet mod and played with a friend, who did not use the same pet mod?
Or could something terribe happen?
Running around with "just" an ivisible pet is one thing, but it would be no fun, if the game would crash because of this.
At the moment I can't play online anyways, but I am really curious about it D:

potterman28wxcv

If the mod changes just the pet skin, it will be an invisible pet  :P

If the mod changes also pet stats, it will be disconnection between players.

Omsj

Hi guys! I'm new here, I just want to request if anyone can compile/merge 2 or 3 mods? I wanted to do this but I don't own a steam version of tl2 and I can't find GUTS in steam->tools. Its not merging mods into synergies but rather merging mods to free up space.

potterman28wxcv

Now I have uploaded on mediafire the version i'm currently using. You can use it to play with others who have "vanilla" synergies.

Every time synergies will get updated, i'll update this version as well. Now, it's compatible with v. 888.

Nocturnalx36

Nice, looks very helpful for those of us that like using UI mods and such.

potterman28wxcv

Will update it soon to match the new synergies version

Gorrioncillo

Re: How to include any mods you want INTO synergies (so you can play multi)
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 07:30:21 AM »
i will stay tune for the update!!

potterman28wxcv

Re: How to include any mods you want INTO synergies (so you can play multi)
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 08:55:50 AM »
Updated for version 1322 :)
(should be working)

https://www.mediafire.com/?2wdd2oup4n2suin