Author Topic: [Class] The Emberblade  (Read 2639 times)

gytfunke

[Class] The Emberblade
« on: May 03, 2014, 05:56:48 PM »
My second class, The Emberblade is a complete, Synergies-compatible class that mixes melee with magic. The class offers 30 unique, hand-crafted skills and a custom charge bar mechanic.  It can be found on Steam or RGF.

Charge Bar

The Emberblade can gain up to 4 charges by dealing damage or by being hit in combat. These charges can be spent to cast charge skills.

Charge Skills

Charge skills cost charges, but no mana, to cast. They are typically more powerful than mana-based skills. Some can be found in each skill tree, however the Arcane Skills are all charge-based.

Mana Skills

Direct damage skills which cost mana build charge, but usually at a reduced rate because of their higher damage potential.

Skill Trees

The Emberblade boasts 3 skill trees: Paragon; Bastion; and Arcane. The loose theme of the trees is that Paragon skills are for melee DPS, Bastion skills are defensive and Arcane skills are potent, charge-based spells that pack a lot of damage and functionality.

Equipment and Stats

The Emberblade is a master of melee but excels equally with great weapons, dual wielding, or sword and board.

The Emberblade has a lot of flexibility with their stats and can do well with sufficient Strength or Focus since the Emberblade's Mental Prowess skill allows them to use Focus for weapon damage. However, those who wish to build a very tanky tank can feasibly do so with only Dexterity and Vitality.

The class is currently being tested for balance and the rare bug. No changes are planned for skills unless they are necessary to balance the class. Some details, such as class-specific unique items, are planned for the near future.

I would love to get balance feedback from players using the class with Synergies mod on Elite difficulty (or Veteran).

Thanks to Niflhel for the Skill Reset tab. The original can be found in his mod, The Elemental Blade Dancer.

Larecjv

Re: [Class] The Emberblade
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:24:39 PM »
Hey gytfunke, i tried out the class earlier and i must say i like it so far, im only level 10 so havent tried all skills yet.  Im playing on Elite with Synergies and so far so good.  I especially enjoyed the dance at the character selection hehe.

I have noticed a few minor issues, ill list them in the next lines.

The text in the Reset Skill bar when viewing details goes outside the box.

2.  When walking i only hear the footsteps when i start walking, if i hold my mousebutton down i only hear like 1 footstep every 3 seconds.

3. This is not a bug really but some time ago Salan added 25 % damage reduction to the classes in the synergies mod, this means that with your class's 25% innate reduction, that after visiting the first town in the game, i have a 50% damage reduction for everything.  So to make it Synergies compatible you may wanna add a mod version with 0% damage reduction or have a talk with Salan about it, here's a picture of my character's damage reduction at level 10,

That is all i have for now, ill make a new post if i discover anything else.

gytfunke

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 11:33:09 PM »
Oh snap! Thanks for the heads up on the damage reduction.  That's fairly game-breaking.  Explains why I felt like my character got super-powered after the Estherian Enclave, but just barely scraped through Echo Pass.  I'll look into the other stuff, too.

Damage reduction is fixed and should work with either Vanilla or Synergies.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:01:31 AM by gytfunke »

Larecjv

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 03:05:18 PM »
I took a look at your thread at the runic games forum and like the user "wolven" i am also playing a female character.  This is regarding the sound issue with the footsteps.

Another thing i have noticed is that the skill "Cleave" procs when you step on the various small creatures you cannot attack with normal weapons, like spiders, frogs etc.

gytfunke

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 03:20:07 PM »
Hey Larec,

Yeah!  The footsteps are wierd and I haven't any idea why they would be like that.  I haven't touched the sound files.

Larecjv

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 04:38:33 AM »
Hey gytfunke

Would it be possible to update the file at RGF?. The version there is from the 6th of May while at steam the latest version is from the 13th of May.  Im simply asking because i do not own a Steam version of the game so i cannot download the file from their site.

gytfunke

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 08:05:53 PM »
Sure Larecjv!

I've been slacking since the semester finished up.

[Edit] And done.  It's up to date with the Steam version.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:21:45 AM by gytfunke »

azmodael

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 07:48:02 AM »
The Disrupt ability is bugged. The animation and debuff appear on the enemy, but no bonus damage or stun is ever done. Tested with autos and all melee based skills.

Tested on Echo Pass with level 100 character (levelled with console to see all skills on lvl 15).