Author Topic: the Runic team is not dead !  (Read 2326 times)

potterman28wxcv

the Runic team is not dead !
« on: May 24, 2014, 04:21:56 AM »
I really thought they were, but they recently said on facebook in a comment that they were working on a mac port, and on something entirely new for Torchlight 2. I have no idea what it can be.

Besides the Mac port which is still in progress, we're working on something totally new, but can't share quite yet.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:41:51 AM by potterman28wxcv »

oweb2

Re: the Runic team is not dead !
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »
Not sure what is left for them to do...

You guys have stolen all of there work!  ;D

Maybe some sort of expansion/characters?  2 years later I don't think they can do anything else to it at this point to get new people excited. 

When they say something totally new hopefully its a Torchlight 3 ( or any kind of AARPG, Dungeon Crawler, whatever you call them), I am still on the fence about the rumored "MMO" from awhile ago  ( mostly because I don't like MMO's)

Shalassa

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 01:35:12 PM »
More Classes (or more Acts ^^) would be nice indeed. But I don't think by saying "we're working on something totally new" they meant something like that. Maybe a third TL is on our way? Don't think so, either.. Probably a game, wich doesn't even has the same gameplay like TL, or diablo or sacred or other Action-RPG's

MMO? No thanks, most of them are p2w, and nobody likes that :D

Shadowzyn

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 05:15:13 PM »
Heck, there is plenty of good content out there in mods...I would be happy if they would just bump up the amount of mod slots available. 
Groovy...

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 05:20:57 PM »
Or make so that you can play different mods in multiplayer without having to rebuild the mod like i do.. But yeah, basically, since the player is responsible of the mods he wants to add, i don't see why they have put a limit of 10

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 09:12:02 AM »
They are hiring now a new visual effects artist :

We're hiring a VFX Artist!
http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/visual-effects-artist-seattle-washington-26747

Hmm whatever they are preparing, it looks serious

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 09:32:21 AM »
One of the few things that i miss in TL2 is a beam spell like we had on the alchemist in Tl1, wish the embermage had a beam spell that lasts untill you release the button and costs mana per second, alreay had great fun with the "beam of doom" in tl1, pump up the beam damage as high as possible and then watch moinsters die in hordes :D

Guess they might do an expansion? would be strange of them to try the mmo market unless its a low-cost high gain mmorpg (Which means not a whole lot of updates will be made to such an mmorpg)
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 07:15:37 PM »
Warcraft started as a RTS and turned into a MMO...

Torchlight could go from ARPG to RTS or MMO or anything really..
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

force_of_Chaos

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 02:37:46 PM »
i would love to see the days of WC3 bnet to come back, never got to see them sadly. (i started playing after botageddon hit) but i hear it was glorious, games would fill in less then 10 seconds, and turnament games lobys would come and go in a blink of an eye. but maby with the "new game hype" in play it would get alot of attraction

BrainInBlack

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 07:15:51 PM »
Well, the BNet is still here and it works definitely better than other "match-making" systems out there. (cough) BF3/4 (cough)

And "[...]we're working on something totally new,[...]" could mean anything, even a freaking CoD clone. But since we're talking about Runic, i would bet a RTS or even an Action Adventure. We'll see...