Author Topic: Outlander suggestion changes  (Read 1383 times)

azmodael

Outlander suggestion changes
« on: June 01, 2014, 01:48:13 AM »
Hello there, it's my first post on this forum and it concern the problems I have with building a viable Outlander on your mod. Please consider tweaking the Outlander because the class is really hampered by maltitude of problems... i know making a Focus oriented poison/glaive build outlander can be viable, but I'd rather have another build path then the one trick pony he currently is.

Dexterity
All outlander weapons require a very high dexterity requirement to use, yet dexterity adds no damage and basically does nothing past a certain point
Solution:
Make ranged weapon mastery add damage based on dexterity or lower dexterity requirements on ranged weapons

Lack of good weapon AoE options
The whole class is basically hanging on Venomous Hail. Cursed Daggers and the various Glave spells require heavy investment in Focus, the shooty outlander requires Strength and Dexterity
Sulution
Tweak Chaos burst to be a viable Multitarget ability. More damage, more distance on the missiles and either a very small homing ability or bigger hitbox to reduce near misses. Also spread the missiles appart to avoid "shotgunning" and keep the AoE idea

Bows and Crossbows serve no purpose

Shotguns have heavy CC, Pistols can either use shield or Dual Wield. What can crossbows and bows do? Make autoattacks from futher away? Really?
Solution
?

Shadowlings are underwhelming, Shadowling Ammo conflict with Poison Burst
Shadowling Ammo was already bad in vanilla, in Syndergies it's laughable. Shadowlings need a damage scale adjustment and also need to trigger against boss fights.
Solution
Make Shadowling ammo proc on hit instead of on kill (with reduced chance to proc), reduce duration on them and make them explode for small damage when killed

Glave Sweep, Bramble Wall
Thiese skills are completely pointless
Solution
Use the spot for new skills. Failing that add shield shattering to Glave Sweep and improve health, casting time and make it more curvy (to form tightier semi-circle for easier placement) on Bramble Wall

Tangling Shot
Between the short duration and innate immobilization resistance this skill is worthless in the late game and at most mediocre in the early
Solution
Up duration to 5sec

Shadowshot
My favorite skill by far. I have found a mod that speeds up the projectiles and improves the homing slightly so its actually a viable single target skill

Shadowmantle
10 sec duration and 1/3 uptime really cripples this skill.
Solution
Bring it to Ice Shield/Nether Shield standards

Bane Breath
Laughable damage, slow casting time and duration make this skill a waste of time
Solution
Increase duration of poison to 5 sec and AoE size to turn it into a DOT debuff, use other skills to kill enemies in the 5sec gap window to create minions

============================================

There, that quite does it. Hope you find my thoughts useful and create an interesting character with multiple build options
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:50:01 AM by azmodael »

potterman28wxcv

Re: Outlander suggestion changes
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 06:00:36 AM »
Every classes in synergies will be tweaked one day (the embermage is just a start). I believe Salan waits to finish more important things (tier 1) before dealing with the outlander.
But yeah, of all classes, the outlander is surely the one that needs the most a boost

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
A lot of these are very good points to start considering with.

I can see a lot of changes for the outlander myself and a lot of them are very close to what you suggest.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 11:14:33 PM »
In terms of the ranged weapons for the Outlander:
- Shotgonnes deal cone damage.
- Pistols can be dual-wielded.
- Crossbows, I believe, ignore some of the target's DR, like Claws do.

Bows seem to be the odd ones out - they don't do anything special.