Author Topic: T1 soulcrafting being released!  (Read 5259 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
T1 soulcrafting being released!
« on: June 17, 2014, 12:44:00 PM »
Hello Synergies fans,

We are hitting one of the last milestones before tier1 loot is released!

The finalization of the Thrice Locked chest quest line and the introduction of Soulcrafting Tier1 items with the soulforges found within the EmberSteps.

With this change the portal from Tablemountain to Darknessfalls has been removed, and a waypoint within Darknessfalls has been added.  To get to DF you must go through the troll basin to the far northwest corner and kill the troll mage out on the bridged outcropping.  This will change in the near future too, but is still there in the interim.

I created a news article for this event on the Moddb site, a walk through if you will of the Thrice locked chest line:  http://www.moddb.com/mods/synergiesmod/news/synergies-t1-soulcrafting-launched   (reading the comments at the bottom will fill you in on the last steps, the news was a tad too long.)

With this I have also restructured how loot will be handled in DF, the first 9 encounters will hold most of the base loot, we are ready to go with them now!  The next 7 encounters will hold the pieces of loot needed to create the heroic sets, as well as the mythical sockets and pet items.  You can find a list of these here:  http://www.moddb.com/mods/synergiesmod/news/synergies-t1-soulcrafting-launched

I will be spending time in finalizing the Tier1 sets over the next while, adding in their affixes and testing them continually throughout the process.    While doing the Darknessfalls quest line and encounters remember that the zone is made for growth.  Wearing non optimized tier0 items will be a challenge, wearing fully optimized tier0 will hopefully still result in a good challenge.  Some of these encounters will favor MultiPlayer but be doable in a SinglePlayer environment.

Good luck, and thank you for your feedback and support of the mod!

Regards,
Mark - Salan
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

GulyFMG

Re: T1 soulcrafting being released!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 12:49:13 PM »
Awesome news :) but kind of reminds me of the April fouls day patch  :o

Some of these encounters will favor MultiPlayer but be doable in a SinglePlayer environment

humm this parts will be my grates challenge then i only p0lay single player... Again awesome news now the waiting game begins :D and Thank you for this patch.

PS that armour on modDB me want :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:55:44 PM by GulyFMG »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 12:56:25 PM »
Its live now, I'm just updating the website stuff now.

and april fools is MEANT to be april fools ;)
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

GulyFMG

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 01:37:52 PM »
Its live now, I'm just updating the website stuff now.

and april fools is MEANT to be april fools ;)

Lol i know i was just kidding and remembering that... BTW the armour is in our just the chest and soulcraft?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 03:40:21 PM »
The armor is only the 1. 5 sets atm.  I will push the t1 armor soon thou

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:10:27 PM »
Any info on the stats of the different soulforging options?

Finished the Thrise Locked quest line and got the uncut Soulstone, but not sure what to make it into.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 07:50:31 PM »
every one of them is 6%, you can do 3 enchants on any 1 piece of armor, for a max of 18% per armor slot.

Minmaxers will likely dump 18%'s on a few pieces rather then mix and match but you never know.

Just remember these are enchants, you have to disenchant your gear at the normal enchanter first, and if you disenchant the item again LATER, it will remove the soulcrafting, so don't put 1 soulcraft on a item then re-enchant the rest ... soulcrafting will ONLY take up the first 3 spots, 4 and 5 are taken by normal enchanters (this was why the normal enchanters were able to go to 5 enchants in the first place)

Miothan

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 08:18:49 PM »
Even the health one? im guessing that wont be much health then since any +health seems to only increase base health and not modified health. 1% health is +41.6 health, so +18% health would only be +749 health. +% health disregards points in vitality both stat points and enchant points, only works of off base health at any level.

Also, 18% crit dmg? im confused,  1 point of Str = 0.4% crit dmg, 50 str = 20% crit dmg, with T0 you can easily get about 50-55 stat points enchanted, which makes that better than crit dmg soulcrafting (Considering you also get a dmg increase to any ability doing %WDPs skills with str points). Also, since enchants seems to be more powerfull on higher iLVL gear, T1 items should have even more powerfull stat enchants making it even better for pure stat enchants.

The ones that are really valuable imo are: Damage Reduction. Crit chance, dodge and block, the other ones are either to low value for what they currently give or they are affected in a negative way such as the Missile Reflection one most likely affected by the diminishing return curve so you will perhaps get 5% out of 18% enchanted , better to use a Zardon's Mighty Skull for 25% missile reflection than to use up a valuable T1 Soulcraft slot ^^
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:35:37 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 11:10:32 PM »
Crit damage is actually already set at 12% per point

Lets remember the REASON for these bonus's.  The zones themselves debuff your character, soulcrafting is the means of replacing that debuff.  Changing health from a % to a fixed amount when taking away a % won't work.   I would have to change the debuff to a set number as well.

You lose for most of DF:

20% Health, Dodge, Crit chance, Damage, Block, Missile reflection  --- can gain 18% per piece of tier1 gear back
40% Crit damage  -- can gain 36% per piece of tier1 gear back
45% Damage absorb  -- gain 25% naturally and another 18% per piece of gear back

remember there are 10 pieces you can use towards this... 180% to any one of those stats, 360% crit damage if you did all of them. 

So 1 piece of gear being able to make up 18% of any of those is exactly what the design is made for.

Most people will forget the fact that soulcrafting exists only to balance the debuffs, and will instead use it to min/max their stat potentials and look at only what is the best return for their dollar. 

I might have to increase the health % debuff and subsequent Soulcrafting fix for it in order to maintain that.

when thinking of this try to consider the whole picture.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:20:46 PM by Salan »

Miothan

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 07:01:57 AM »
Actually the DF debuffs are: -55% Damage Reduction, -25% base health (seems to be -25.4% going by the actuall numbers but easier to just write 25% ^^),  -30% Block and Dodge chance, -60% Crit Damage, -30% Crit chance,  -30% Elemental and Physical damage, -30% Missile Reflection. And in the NetherRealm the Missile Reflection debuff seems to be about 45-50% (Not sure which it is)

Soulcrafting was excellent for T0 simply because it didnt take up any enchanting slots, you gained free +8 DR and another 500 hp for free and could still enchant your gear for about 50 more stat points. T1 soulcrafting sounds very 50/50, you have to compromise with yourself "ill lose 60-70 stat points, but ill gain somethingsomething", obvious choise is ofc the DR for a powerfull 18% untill caped, then if your character needs it, block and dodge, but the others you say that are only there to balance the debuffs are just not worth it, 1 single socket gives more than 3x Soullcrafting does of those (well the crit dmg at 36% might be worth it, not sure, will have to discover that when T1 items are released to se what kind of stat enchants they get).

Easy example of better gains with some of them is that on the Warlock you can drop the block and dodge skills and go for NetherShield which not only gives you 50% Missile reflkection but also 20% cast speed and 10% movespeed and can also get something else, not sure what that would be tho, but its nice to dream of future loot haha :P. For other characters with no dodge, block and/or DR passives those soulcrafting options becomes the best ones for them without question.

Im not being negative, just hoping that all the soulcrafting options will be balanced with eachother in the end.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:31:21 AM by Miothan »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 12:06:03 PM »
Actually the DF debuffs are: -55% Damage Reduction, -25% base health (seems to be -25.4% going by the actuall numbers but easier to just write 25% ^^),  -30% Block and Dodge chance, -60% Crit Damage, -30% Crit chance,  -30% Elemental and Physical damage, -30% Missile Reflection. And in the NetherRealm the Missile Reflection debuff seems to be about 45-50% (Not sure which it is)

hah your right the 20% is in the trolls!! woops

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 12:07:56 PM »
I fully expect people to ignore some of them.  It is what it is.  People will go for what suits their needs, and its a nice bit of specialization that will likely push characters extremely high in some degrees.

I'm going to have to wait for the final encounters to make them balanced for soulcrafted tier1  as I bet you the first ones will become much like DK does after getting a full set of tier0 soulcrafted and geared.