Author Topic: Spawn phase beasts challenges with chaotic scroll's  (Read 1712 times)

GulyFMG

Spawn phase beasts challenges with chaotic scroll's
« on: June 20, 2014, 08:14:44 PM »
The title says it all would it be possible to spawn the phase beasts challenges with the chaotic scrolls? It would just spawn the portal to the challenge

i would also like to suggest a new map like a central area with with 3 paths one would lead to a golden chest, the other with couple rare monsters and the third to a boss fight our world boss, off course we would need a way to collapse the other 2 paths after the player choose one path if not we could back track and chose all of the paths.

Another challenge could be a fight with a clone of you (i think this would be impossible our very hard to implement) like the mitical level of prince of persia after passing through the mirror :)

to be continued... :)

potterman28wxcv

Re: Spawn phase beasts challenges with chaotic scroll's
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 04:18:22 AM »
The title says it all would it be possible to spawn the phase beasts challenges with the chaotic scrolls? It would just spawn the portal to the challenge

Hmm.. That would be nice, but only with a small chance. Some challenge areas are cool, but some others are way too long..

i would also like to suggest a new map like a central area with with 3 paths one would lead to a golden chest, the other with couple rare monsters and the third to a boss fight our world boss, off course we would need a way to collapse the other 2 paths after the player choose one path if not we could back track and chose all of the paths.

There is already a kind of same challenge. You have to choose 3 doors, and only one leads to the treasure. But after you've chosen the door, you can't go back to try the other doors :(

Another challenge could be a fight with a clone of you (i think this would be impossible our very hard to implement) like the mitical level of prince of persia after passing through the mirror :)

Unfortunately there's no easy way to spawn a map or a monster depending on the player's class.. You could fight clones of embermages/paladin/etc.. (that's basically what does the mod Human Enemies), but you couldn't select one with the exact same skills as you.

Rigomortis

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 05:10:15 AM »
I think that a possibly interesting challenge would be to fight ezrohir assasins and kill them under a time limit or before the destroy a structure. The difference of these modified ezrhohir assasins would be that they retreat by jumping way further, and teleport, making them a true nuisance.

As for what guly suggested, if fighting yourself is impossible, we could always fight classes with predefined, tried builds. Or it could be random, bar the skills that would be OP to be used from an enemy  ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:11:53 AM by Rigomortis »

GulyFMG

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 06:21:37 AM »
I was also thinking of some puzzles something that does not require you to fight to take your mind of all the grind and fight etc... i vaguely remind that act1 had one like that and that you needed to move some blocks made of light, you had like 3 switches to make them move... i like long challenges that need to do several things like puzzles, fight, our something like the light challenge.

I also would love to see the tharoch challenge been pulled to the normal play trough our something with the same logic you fight waves of enemy's and we decide to continue our not... if we survive all the waves we would have some unique items like souls the tier 1.5 armour etc.

There is already a kind of same challenge. You have to choose 3 doors, and only one leads to the treasure. But after you've chosen the door, you can't go back to try the other doors :(

You are absolutely right and that's even better :) the logic is done the map also it just need to be tweaked a little to be more synergies  8)

Unfortunately there's no easy way to spawn a map or a monster depending on the player's class.. You could fight clones of embermages/paladin/etc.. (that's basically what does the mod Human Enemies), but you couldn't select one with the exact same skills as you.

Hummm this was what i thought, well we have shelrock and the mercenaries :) what about a one on one fight, we have something similar but in shelrock you almost instantly get swarmed with a couple of mercenaries..

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 11:43:11 AM »

yes there is.

You can make a spawnclass that spawns something based on the players unittype i believe.

People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »
I'd have to make new dungeon files, when you warp the zones they will be their original level.

its a good idea thou.  The chaos scrolls could do a  lot more fun things.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

GulyFMG

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 12:14:53 PM »

yes there is.

You can make a spawnclass that spawns something based on the players unittype i believe.

Awesome news i think it would be a fun encounter...