Author Topic: Mapworks  (Read 3245 times)

Zuzu

Mapworks
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:57:20 AM »
Hi.

Does Salan plans to do somethink with mapworks? I think its great thing and in this mod its kinda forgotten.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Mapworks
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 08:08:56 AM »
Hi.

Does Salan plans to do somethink with mapworks? I think its great thing and in this mod its kinda forgotten.

You already have custom content in RoD/DK/Or'ak and DF. And mapworks maps are available right now if you want to use it, so...what exactly is it you would propose?
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Zuzu

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 05:06:19 AM »
I know. Its just like we have that place(mapworks) and its nice way to go with party after vannilla story(DK have problems when someone dies) its feel like not using this mechanic is a bit of waste. Mby making that place a way to farm somethink like soulstones or make this place have extra skull drop chance or somethink. As I said i fell its waste to completly forget about this location. :)

Over9k

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 07:31:25 PM »
It seems a good idea. Since u are not intended to go NG+, u need some alternatives for leveling. RoD and Selrock are ok, but they become repetitive after some time... adding some kind of reward to mapworks should be just cool, since its a cool vanilla mechanic wich, as said, seems a bit "wasted" when playing synergies. With (i guess) a bit of work (like adding souls drops, or a higher XP reward for completing the maps) they sould be a nice viable option for some leveling/farming, alternative to selrock / RoD/ Znojmo
What????!!!!   NINE THOUSAND???!!!!!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:01:47 PM »
I plan to add a lot more RODs if I can but it is lower on the chain of things to do.. I might sneak a few more levels in at a higher priority thou
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

RetsReds

• Fantasy writer - Yordan Zhelyazkov
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 05:46:58 AM »
I plan to add a lot more RODs if I can but it is lower on the chain of things to do.. I might sneak a few more levels in at a higher priority thou

That's cool, RoD is awesome! :) But shouldn't what he's suggesting be easy to do? Just make the Mapworks' maps harder and/or more rewarding. For example simply making the bonuses/challenges of the maps twice bigger or something like that. I'm no modder but I imagine it should be a matter of just tweaking several variables.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 01:28:50 PM »
I could always put all the ROD into the mapworks setup as well.. the only issue with that is picking and choosing where you want to go.

hmmm maybe I'll make a special mapworks that is accessible by finishing the ROD chain of quests then you can pick which ROD zone to go to..
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

RetsReds

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 06:20:40 AM »
Quick question - why not put Salan, the Embersteps portal and the Selrok NPC into Mapworks as well (and in Zeryphesh, actually)? And why not make the Mapworks the "hometown" of Embersteps instead of the Esterian Enclave? There's no transmuter or gambler in the Esterian Enclave.

Edit: Stupid Ret. The Enclave has to be the home town so lvl 1 chars can use Embersteps too. Still - can it be done so the town you enter the Embersteps from is that session's hometown? And add the NPCs and portal to Zeryphesh and Mapworks? I guess my distaste for the Enclave is pretty apparent.  ;D

P.S.: I took a quest to kill rattlings in "The steppes" from Selrock but I can't find "The Steppes". I did get a few rattling kills in RoD so was I supposed to go back to the Temple Steppes for that quest or is it a work in progress? The star on the map led me to the portal to Tablemountain and there was a star on the map that pointed on empty grass. Sorry for semi-highjacking the thread with a Selrock question but I didn't think it was worth a separate topic. Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 07:48:54 AM by RetsReds »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 01:17:08 PM »
The kelintor quests got renamed a bit when I fixed them up, he was redoing his own redo on them but never got finished.

There should have been a map on one of the vendors called the STEPPES.. hm

RetsReds

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 03:05:19 PM »
There should have been a map on one of the vendors called the STEPPES.. hm

Oh. Ooh. My bad, sorry. There're maps in the vendor, yes. I just followed the star on the map to Tablemountain and when I got to a dead end there I just came to the forums. Thanks a lot and sorry for wasting your time.

Still - a little more feedback on those quests - when you finish one the NPC directly gives you the next one and doesn't give you an option to refuse it. There's no red X, there's no way to cancel the quest with Esc - you're force to take it. It's insignificant, but I'd still like to point it out.

Back to the main topic - can we get the Synergies' NPCs and portals in Mapworks, please?  ::)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 03:30:52 PM »
The only reason they were removed from zeph and mapworks was because of mod conflicts, there use to be some there ... hmm

Sir Critalot

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 10:45:39 AM »
I know. Its just like we have that place(mapworks) and its nice way to go with party after vannilla story(DK have problems when someone dies) its feel like not using this mechanic is a bit of waste. Mby making that place a way to farm somethink like soulstones or make this place have extra skull drop chance or somethink. As I said i fell its waste to completly forget about this location. :)

I have one other nice mod installed (just don't have the name right now, but can check when I'm home tonight) which adds some good maps for sale at the mapworks map vendor (lvl 125, 145, 165, but I find them easier than all of Salan's challenges  :P)

Sir Critalot

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 10:52:44 AM »

Oh. Ooh. My bad, sorry. There're maps in the vendor, yes. I just followed the star on the map to Tablemountain and when I got to a dead end there I just came to the forums.

This damn star is really misleading and I got fooled by him in the beginning too From my point of view definitely a bug. No matter what map you buy at Selrock, that star is always there and will send you to nowhere.