Author Topic: 0-60 Leveling Experience  (Read 5754 times)

sofiloteo

0-60 Leveling Experience
« on: August 04, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »
I really like where the 90+ Synergies content has gone so far, but since i mostly play hardcore these days, i find the mod has some issues with the early leveling part (and from reading this sub i see many others share similar thoughts).

1. Extremely underpowered Uniques.

Manually tweaking them would seem like a hell of lot of work, and there are SOME good uniques; but level 20-60 blue sets and stand-alone pieces with good stat rolls can be crafted (with socket and misc enchanters) to be really excellent gears. The main problem is that on arpgs, finding these rare drops can encourage you to play more and get excited for a bit; currently on synergies-tl2 you see an unique and you know there is 90% chance it will be vendor trash.

Suggestion: taking many bad uniques out of the drop pool.  And its not hard to tell which are bad; they give less stats/effects than vendor-blue gear.

2.Crafting at low levels is too expensive.

You outlevel gear faster than you can get money to craft on story mode. I think this would be an easy fix by tweaking the formula that sets the costs.

3.On elite difficulty, most weapons simply don't do.

You need very specific weapon stats/effects to be able to do decent damage on elite, which automatically locks you out of most gear you find (and this is compounded by the high crafting costs). Some people i know complain elite tl2+synergies has the same problems as borderlands 2 in that many enemy's health just seems overly inflated; and i know that telling them "you need to use fast multihit skills with an -armor weapon" doesn't mean they are wrong. There is no easy way to fix this (reviewing armor scaling and health sounds like a lot of work), but with both more accessible crafting and uniques that aren't terrible i think it would be easier to get around the mandatory -armor when looking for a weapon.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: 0-60 Leveling Experience
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »
Heading out the door, but I think a lot of this is things that are inherent from vanilla and carried over because of that,although the last one might be more synergies specific due to how I changed balance.

I'll try to comment more on my break.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 05:24:38 PM »
Imo that's the opposite ! The 90+ being impossible in hardcore :P

Still, yeah, basically act 1 and act 2 are doable. Then on act 3 you start to be one shotted. And in act4, especially against the Netherking, it's madness. So it's likely that you need to farm to be able to do hardcore, or be extremely careful about dodging attacks (that means you will press the teleport or jump button very very often).

You will also want to maximize almost everything into defense, since you will want to be able to survive a one shot. If you can survive it, i think it might be doable.

Oh, and having a shield is pretty much needed in hardcore. I doubt you can actually survive without it.

sofiloteo

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »
Imo that's the opposite ! The 90+ being impossible in hardcore :P

Still, yeah, basically act 1 and act 2 are doable. Then on act 3 you start to be one shotted. And in act4, especially against the Netherking, it's madness. So it's likely that you need to farm to be able to do hardcore, or be extremely careful about dodging attacks (that means you will press the teleport or jump button very very often).

You will also want to maximize almost everything into defense, since you will want to be able to survive a one shot. If you can survive it, i think it might be doable.

Oh, and having a shield is pretty much needed in hardcore. I doubt you can actually survive without it.

Its true, i havent made it past 80 or so in HC in the past 5 months. And you need to run full block/mr/health builds or you'll rip in act3/4.  The way i see it, 90+ stuff is meant for non-HC; so softcore builds are more about tweaking for dps and hardcore builds need to be tweaked for survivability.

bmache

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 07:14:46 PM »
Salan I hope you look at this...

I am around level 30 playing on elite and I am having an extremely hard time. I have even given myself a 10 level advantage over the monsters and I am still getting killed constantly. It is really frustrating. All my gear is around survivablity, with vitality, health, armor, and damage reduction and I am still taking hits really hard even with a 10 level advantage. Right now I'm feeling defeated and that I can't level to 100 through Synergies. I'm using a Preacher and trying to kite as much as I can, but shouldn't non-kiting builds be viable as well? Why does the game have to devolve into a kiting-fest? I am not having fun at all.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:23:16 PM by bmache »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 08:37:41 PM »
Salan I hope you look at this...

I am around level 30 playing on elite and I am having an extremely hard time. I have even given myself a 10 level advantage over the monsters and I am still getting killed constantly. It is really frustrating. All my gear is around survivablity, with vitality, health, armor, and damage reduction and I am still taking hits really hard even with a 10 level advantage. Right now I'm feeling defeated and that I can't level to 100 through Synergies. I'm using a Preacher and trying to kite as much as I can, but shouldn't non-kiting builds be viable as well? Why does the game have to devolve into a kiting-fest? I am not having fun at all.

Eh...what kind of a class is "Preacher" ? if its too hard go down to another diffuculty level, but it shouldent be super hard if you know how to play O_o, could also be a mod-conflict that does something unexpected if you play with more mods than SynergiesMOD.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

bmache

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 10:42:50 PM »
Yeah, we just switched to Veteran and it is much too doable. I didn't think the difference would be so drastic. I'd like to think we are decent players. I've spent hundreds of hours in the vanilla game on elite.

TKD21

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 12:11:43 AM »
About the Trash Uniques:Unfortunately,it's not only the lvl 0-60 uniques that are bad,but also the legendaries.For example,I got some Legendary Pants yesterday,lvl 14, and the best bonus on them was +12 vitality.Finding a Legendary item should be a major event in this game and should be ALWAYS worth keeping.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:13:17 AM by TKD21 »

RetsReds

• Fantasy writer - Yordan Zhelyazkov
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 03:40:57 PM »
Adding a bit more to the topic (I agree with almost all above points, but also with the fact that maybe there isn't much to be done about them) - recently I started finding some low level rare items with Insane stats. Something along the line of lvl 9 blue helmet with 650 hp, +8% to All dmg red, 20 Vit and a couple of other stats. Also similar lvl ~20 blue boots and ~lvl 30 blue boots with 500 hp, +8% to All dmg red, ~40 Vit. I assume this is intentional but I didn't find any info about it in the patch notes. I only use Synergies, Low Pop, Blank's Landmarks and More Pets so it has to be from Synergies. I can't see a reason for putting such items into the game, tho. They make Elite feel like a cake walk - it's boring. I don't want blue ~30 lvl boots with the stats of a 90+ lvl unique item. Any idea/explanation on why such items started to drop? Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:26:43 PM by RetsReds »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »
What, that is not good.. I'm not sure what could cause those affixes to show up like that.. hmm i'll have to test the low level stuff.

I was changing SLOT sizes on my tier1 stuff but its not set to spawn on any items.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 03:45:43 PM »
Can you tell me the name of the item so i can try test spawning some.

RetsReds

• Fantasy writer - Yordan Zhelyazkov
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 05:20:16 PM »

Replied to your PM, linked the screen shots there too. Sorry I overestimated the helm a bit but I was still influenced by the crazy lvl30+ boots that dropped to my gf - I'll give a ss of them in this post tomorrow. Still, you'll agree - even those two can not be normal for their levels. :)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/540x405q90/673/SkSlF6.png
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/540x405q90/539/Ze3T3l.png

Edit: Screw it, who needs sleep, I checked her laptop, here're the other boots:
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1200x675q90/536/oZMgCR.png
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:33:12 PM by RetsReds »

sofiloteo

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »

Replied to your PM, linked the screen shots there too. Sorry I overestimated the helm a bit but I was still influenced by the crazy lvl30+ boots that dropped to my gf - I'll give a ss of them in this post tomorrow. Still, you'll agree - even those two can not be normal for their levels. :)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/540x405q90/673/SkSlF6.png
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/540x405q90/539/Ze3T3l.png

Edit: Screw it, who needs sleep, I checked her laptop, here're the other boots:
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1200x675q90/536/oZMgCR.png

yup i found one during the weekend. I assume it has to do with the recent fix.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »
Ya, that totally sucks... there was nothing on those affixes that say they should be attached like that, its so weird..

Eitherway, throw it away !

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 01:33:39 AM »
That reminds me of the OP weapon you could find at the beginning with Far East