Author Topic: Patch 909 now uploading.  (Read 9537 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Patch 909 now uploading.
« on: August 05, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »
DARKNESSFALLS
Alterations to how the dungeon spawns Generals and Golden Dragons
Moved the Golden Dragon into the Generals spawnlist
Moved the General spawnlist into the Golden Dragons previous location in the dungeon file.
there is a 100% chance that Sord'tis will spawn on the map
there is a 66% chance a General other then Sord'tis will also spawn on the map (RNG will be RNG thou)
there is a 80% chance a Golden Dragon will spawn on the map.

Generals were not spawning as a secondary monster, but Dragons were as a champion...

ZONE DEBUFF
DF Debuff shown on screen where DICE are displayed on

Darknessfalls LOOT
ALL bosses now have a starter treasure list for killing them, regardless of chest rewards.

All bosses have the chance to drop 1 type of Soulstone.
All bosses have the chance to drop a Angelic soul.
All bosses have a chance to drop a Magnificent soul.
All bosses will drop random unique loot and gold.

Soulstones and Souls are not 100%, they all have 10 chances at dropping something AND:

GENERALS: 35 chances at nothing (each general drops a different soulstone)
ABE: 25 chances at nothing
TROLLKING: 20 chances at nothing
DOUBLEDRAGON: 15 chances at nothing
DRAGON RESCUE: 10 chances at nothing
DRAGON KING: 5 chances at nothing
EXECUTIONER: 15 chances at nothing
WARLOCK: 15 chances at nothing
NETHERLORD: 10 chances at nothing

Will be opening up a new sub forum for tracking tier1 loot, and for trading tier1 loot.

Loading screen
Fixed the DF doubledragon Tower to display the correct loading screen.

Dragon Rescue
Fahakin will now spawn again!
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Patch 909 now uploading.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 03:09:17 PM »
Oh yea, early x-mass :D gona go open my present...multiple times....

Btw, is there any way to get to RoD except for the starting portal in act1? i tried to look for RoD port scrolls or portals but never found any so i always went to act whenever i wanted to go to RoD ^^
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 03:09:45 PM »
not yet, I'll put something in thou.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 03:29:04 PM »
Any more weird behaviors due to the change to 120, please report and I will fix ASAP

Miothan

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 05:03:14 PM »
Rak'var's Human form drops loot, while the 3:rd form doesnt ^^

Also, 48 T1 boss kills so far, and only 1 Soulstone so far, but 11 Magnificent souls, seems like Angelic souls cant drop, and also seems like the soulstone drop-rate isnt the same chance as the Magnific soul.

Not sure if all bosses drop the soulstones, the one i did get was from Rak'var.

EDIT: Do T1 Bosses drop only 1 kind of a Soulstone? or its random which one you get if one drops?
EDIT2: About 3 hours of killing T1 bosses and only 1 Soulstone, disheartening Drop-rate for Soulstones, while i have 32 Magnificent souls and 2 Angelic souls.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:39:09 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

OvrLux

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 06:10:05 PM »
Just did a clear through the T1 bosses (except Rak'var) only Abe dropped loot (angelic soul). Which is Ironic seeing as he has the lowest drop rate assuming  I read that correctly.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 09:39:03 PM »
Ok, so rakvar should be dropping in the dragon form not the human form, i'll fix that.

besides that the loot tables are like this:

10 chances of loot vs ## of NONE listed above.

1 chance at soulstone of specific type
1 chance at angelic soul
8 chance at magnificent soul.

you will only receive one of those options per kill.  in my tests I got 2 different soulstones, 1 angelic soul, 4 magn. souls.   I had only killed 15 bosses. RNG is RNG and the odds I put in are actually really good for you to get loot.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »
I'll increase the chance of angelic and soulstones by 1 weight each, will make them pop up a BIT more but not excessively.

these drops will remain after loot, and the chests themselves will have chances to drop them as well.

Miothan

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 06:37:03 AM »
I'll increase the chance of angelic and soulstones by 1 weight each, will make them pop up a BIT more but not excessively.

these drops will remain after loot, and the chests themselves will have chances to drop them as well.

Well the only loot that is of any value, is the Soulstone, players will already accumulate more Angelic Souls than they can use if they aim to Soulforge a T0 set.

Seing Magnificent and Angelic drops from T1 bosses is more of a "damn, wish it rolled a soulstone" moment, since you cant use them for anything without a soulstone anyway(and you will always have souls, but you will never have an excess of Soulstones).

I would propose to remove the Angelic soul and add in a chance for an Uncut Soulstone to drop, that way you will need to use a soulstone from T0 to make it into a T1 soulstone, but i rather farm some T0 soulstones for drops that i have, than rely on the low chance that bosses currently have.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:54:24 AM by Miothan »

OvrLux

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 09:39:46 AM »
you will always have souls, but you will never have an excess of Soulstones

In T0, that was the opposite for me. I got soulstones about twice as fast as I got souls. I still am in need of many souls :P

Miothan

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »
you will always have souls, but you will never have an excess of Soulstones

In T0, that was the opposite for me. I got soulstones about twice as fast as I got souls. I still am in need of many souls :P

Hmm yea i suppose that might be the case for new players, im loaded with Souls with nothing to do with them cause i dont have any T0 Soulstones (dont have a reason to farm more atm) and i did farm Or'ak bosses for quite some time. But for T1 you will always have souls (atleast with the current drop-rate) and be starved for T1 Soulstones.

the Fun diminishes when a thing is too rare, i wouldent mind it if it was an item i would only need a few times, but the special enchants are 3x per item, thats not a small sum, with T1 its gona be 12x3=36 Soulstones you need to farm if you want to get them all special enchants (i assume we can get special enchants on Weapons), with the current rate i get soulstones that would be 36x3=108 Hours JUST for the Soulstones, tho with the new rate on average it would be 54 Hours if i would acquire it at the new pace for patch 910, but still an immensely time-gated process.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 12:35:45 PM »
its a tuff balancing act.  If its too easy to get your bored within the week, if its too hard to get your bored within the day :)

truly I guess it comes down to how much TIME you have.  If you want everything right away and spend the same time that someone else would over a month doing it in the first week, you'll be at the same place a month from now, just you will be bored a bit longer.. I would think its the same with all games.  at least in life when you do a job there is another job waiting, in games it takes more time to make the content then it does to finish it extensively.

Miothan

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 12:44:13 PM »
its a tuff balancing act.  If its too easy to get your bored within the week, if its too hard to get your bored within the day :)

truly I guess it comes down to how much TIME you have.  If you want everything right away and spend the same time that someone else would over a month doing it in the first week, you'll be at the same place a month from now, just you will be bored a bit longer.. I would think its the same with all games.  at least in life when you do a job there is another job waiting, in games it takes more time to make the content then it does to finish it extensively.

Yes it can be a tough balancing with drop-rates, but atm it just seems to be way to rare, and while i know you mentioned in 910+ that its going to be 2 instead of the current 1, i think that is way to rare aswell.

An example is that i just spent a lot of time doing 33 Rak'var kills before i got 1 Soulstone from him, takes quite some time to kill him (2:30-3:30 if i dont die and depending on how many times he actually manages to land big hits on me) and he is supposed to have the best chance to drop a soulstone, took me about 2 hours, bosses with higher no-drop weight are going to be a nightmare to try to get Soulstones from, especially the Warlock which has the one i feel will be the one most used (+HP soulstone), you have to first kill the Executioner to reach the Warlock, therefore trading pricing can be set higher than 1:1 for the HP one.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 12:50:30 PM »
alright, so ...

33 kills.  On rakvar probably the hardest fight of the group, we should like to see say 10 stones, of course rakvar will only drop 1 type of stone, so good luck getting them all from the higher drop rate hard fight right..

what about the others?

We also have to remember that while these are in the game first, they will be staying, and are essentially EXTRA's both for the fact people are still testing the fights pre-fullrelease and after the fact when the bosses will have chests that will ALSO drop them.  In essence these drops SHOULD be more on the rare side then readily available. 
I was going to increase the soulstone and not decrease the Magnificent souls, but I think I will reduce the Magnificent souls to help boost the actual % higher then just the increase would do on its own.

I am reluctant to increase it too high over all for this.. having too much is impossible to go back from once its already released because the version will float around.

Miothan

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 01:01:07 PM »
Removing the Magnificent Soul so it isnt in the loot-table anymore from a boss with 15 no-drop weight would only increase the drop-chance of a soulstone to 5,88% drop-chance.

Does Magnificent Soul share the same drop-table as the Soulstone? if it is, then that is severely reducing the drop-chance of a Soulstone.