Author Topic: Patch 909 now uploading.  (Read 10640 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Patch 909 now uploading.
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »
Removing the Magnificent Soul so it isnt in the loot-table anymore from a boss with 15 no-drop weight would only increase the drop-chance of a soulstone to 5,88% drop-chance.

Does Magnificent Soul share the same drop-table as the Soulstone? if it is, then that is severely reducing the drop-chance of a Soulstone.

uh..

with the next patch for rakvar:

6 magnificent stones
2 angelic
2 soulstones
5 nothing.

I think thats a pretty good chance of getting something from it.

I'm not sure on the math but thats something like 45% chance on magnificent souls (the best chance in the game I believe), 7.5% chance on both the angelic and Soulstone and like only 40% chance at nothing.

How long does it take to kill rakvar is another very important issue.  you can spawn the dungeon, get to him pretty quickly and kill him probably at a decent time (longer then most fights I hope).. rince and repeat.. If this was too high of a loot % it would become the norm to just spam kill him.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 01:13:11 PM »
The other fights have higher NOTHING chances.. Of course rakvar is the most challenging fight of the bunch hence putting his nothing amount a lot lower...
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 01:34:48 PM »
The other fights have higher NOTHING chances.. Of course rakvar is the most challenging fight of the bunch hence putting his nothing amount a lot lower...

Well thats one of the points i was trying to make earlier, with higher no-drop chance on the other bosses its going to take longer to get those Soulstones, Rak'var takes 2:30-3:30 if i dont die, if i die it can go up to 5 mins, even tho the Warlock isnt as Hard, i still die sometimes on that fight AND you have to kill the Executioner which takes 2 minutes to kill (almost always 2 mins exactly :P)

So the Warlock actually takes longer reach and kill than a single Rak'var, and the Warlock also has 3x higher No-drop chance, im mentioning the warlock since i got hes Soulstone yesterday and it was the HP one, so i know who we will have to kill to get a larger HP ppol (which is the most important thing for DF now after you cap defensive stats).

For my computer it takes about 38-42 seconds to load a new game-go to portal-load in to DF.

Troll King: 1:40-2min
Double Dragon 1:40-2min
Dragon Rescue: 3:30-4min
Executioner: 2mins (Exactly 2 min on the second most of the time :P)
Warlock: 2:00-2:30 (Usualy takes about 2 mins if i dont die, then it takes a little bit more time, up to an extra 30 sec)
Netherlord: 1:30-2:00
Rak'var: 2:30-3:30 no deaths (up to 5 min if i die)
Abe: Not sure, hes boring, too much Missile Reflection so havent done him so much :P

Netherlord is going to be the one that takes longest to farm Soulstones from because it takes ~5 minutes to reach the Nether Realm, so about 6-7 minutes to kill him, thats almost twice the time it takes to kill Rak'var, hes no-chance weight is also higher which makes it really painful trying to gather soulstones from him.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:22:37 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »
ya, I see where your going with that.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 03:32:27 PM »
BTW 3 of the bosses can drop health, and 2 can drop DR ;)